SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Has anyone dealt with a psychopath spiritually?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Karl, I'm eager to hear your report! :)

I will continue to pray.

2015/3/4 11:36

Re:

Lisa

I listened to the video by Thomas Sheridan and think that he is wrong on two counts. I do not believe that sociopath is the same condition as psychopath and he said that psychopaths are mentally ill.

They are not: a mentally ill person can heal from a mental illness. Psychopaths have never been known to change. The brain is structured differently, it is a personality disorder not an illness.

2015/3/4 12:45
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Krautfrau,

I ask this kindly, did you listen to the whole video? I heard him mention sociopaths but they were not the whole or even half or a quarter of his talk.

He described exactly what you and crusader have described; how these people wreck havoc in your life, your finances, your emotions, etc and how a someone involved with them can have PTSD afterwards.

I'm not sure which video you listened to but he, too, believes they can't change.

For others who are interested, here is #1 of a series of videos based on his book.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tro2U-cezqo

***I know nothing about psychopaths except what I've read from you guys (who have enlightened me tremendously) and I've learned much from this guys videos.

edited

2015/3/5 2:17Profile

Re:

Hi Lisa

Yes I did listen to it all, and he did describe psychopaths well apart from the two things I mentioned. Yes he only mentioned sociopaths in passing, saying they are the same thing, but here: http://www.diffen.com/difference/Psychopath_vs_Sociopath you can read the difference.

He did say that they cannot change, but at the same time calls it a mental illness. To be mentally ill is not the same as something one has had since birth. It is like saying that Down's Syndrome is a mental illness: the whole structure of the brain is abnormal and cannot be changed. I am not denying the power of God: but show me a genuine conversion of a psycopath and I will change my view.

2015/3/5 3:09
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Hi All

there is definatley warfare happening, although he is being really broken at the moment and their are tears, i am fully aware of the enemy working durring this as well and he is constantly steering my brother to focus all of this on himself. I finally got hold of a christian friend of mine who understands the deliverence ministry as much as me and we are going to sit down with him today. The motives of him being broken is very very important and it will be a decider as to wether or not he becomes free. God showed me that he needs to die to self and be reborn and his mind needs to be renewed but unless he completley gives every part over to Jesus he will continue as before.

what i have seen different is that i have been able to show him the destruction he has caused through his life and spoken from different people feelings and how they felt. whats unique about this as he cannot deny what i am saying cause i saw most of it. He has been struggling with this as he has never thought about how others feel only about himself and his needs. its very lengthy process. His relationship with Jesus and God is very distorted and is not christianity but he thought it was. he has a false sence of love and peace which he had believed was from God and yet he was causing destruction to others and then saying thatGod will deal with them as i am fine with God. He has never been condemed under the law to understand what real grace is and what God has done through Jesus.

Ihave had to keep bringing him back to the law which is stumping him. After each time i have been with him, i have to sit down with my wife and go through all the conversations and their are key words comming out of his mouth which we are discussing and can see clearer what the enemy is doing. These are hard to pick up when in his presence because of the constant emotional manipulation, even just being in a room with him you can feel various manipulations going on.

It is my hope today that he trully will give all of himself to God and if he doesnt then i know God wont move as the enemy will have legal ground to stay. the other verse that the Lord has brought to my mind is "1 Corinthians 5:5" i never done this before and never needed to but this verse has been weighing on my mind. I seen an old pastor do this once and the outcome lead the person to the Lord a month later.

at the end of the day this is a scenario i havent been in before and i need to just sit in the lord and work as he directs. too everyone that has posted links, i apreciate them as i work with many different types of people and i can always learn new stuff. the victim in the last link had very similar experiences as myself and i was brought into the same knowledge as she was so i apreciated it.

i look at demon influences like they are cancer, they operate in different parts of the body having different effects. a surgeon needs to find the location by the characteristics and then use surgical precision to cut it out and it must all be removed. demons also have different characteristics and the lord needs to use the right procedure to set that person free. which leads me to the leprosy examinations in the old testiment, same principles.

its in the Lords hands now.

ps the reason he became broken is that the night before he had a dream about demons screaming at him and he felt fear for the first time and this led him to being open to the conversations we are having. he is constantly braking into tears which i have never seen him ever do before. the dream was so poerfull that he has been broken for days now.

2015/3/5 17:04Profile

Re:

God is good. He is hearing our prayers. This is exciting.

God is powerful and mighty to save. I will continue to pray for all involved.

May your words be seasoned with salt but your heart be as big as the ocean.

2015/3/6 1:16
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Its been a long day and im guessing going to be a long week.
my friend came over and he said some good words from the lord but he doesnt know my brothers full condition as as a result opened some areas for him to escape as a victim and focus on himself. which is ok as many pastors have done this with him before. i do believe that a couple of strong seeds where sown about lies.

as i stated in my last post the situation needs the precise precition of the lords hand. The Lord said to me to take him through deliverence which i will do. to be honest i had some fear about doing this thats why i asked my friend to be involved but God has made me aware that the enemy is trying to put me off by puffing up and being more then he is.

any little message from the bible that can be bended into him being a victim making it more difficult for him to see the truth actually he stated lying more and more when this had happened. i got to bring him back under the law as it stops his self rightiousness.

im not an expert in whats happening, i know the behaviours but it is new territory that i am in. at the end of the day wether it is gods intention to just keep me safe and strong durring this or it is for my brother to be set free is Gods choice and either way God is almighty and rightious and is holy and perfect in everything he does.

i am just his glove to use at this point and have to wait for him to direct me and use me. I do believe though that this will lead to a dilverence due to the amout of spiritual stiring which is occurring especiall when the enemy is trying to stop me praying with him.

2015/3/6 6:17Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Has anyone dealt with a psychopath spiritually?

Hmm...insightful thread.

As I read through it I am seeing the sin of lying at work and the varying forms it works. It is no wonder that its prohibition is listed in the ten commandments and among the list of people who will be cast into outer darkness where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth.

I know from personal experience how difficult it is to deal with a liar. They are slick, smooth, manipulative, can be very religious, abusive. Right now we are dealing with a person people have labeled a pathological liar. These people are skilled in making you believe you are the one at fault.

God bless you all with discernment. The devil is working hard to derail your faith and trust in the LORD Jesus - just do not give him - the devil - the pleasure of winning that war.

Sandra

2015/3/6 10:50Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Hi All

been intersting days and perhaps the journey may go on too long to keep posting on this post.

The interaction with the pastor the other day has caused damaged and it seems that we are back at square one. i seen this happen alot when in drug counselling. many counsellors fall for the "emotional victim" dialogue and resue the person from what God is trying to do. a victim reasoning allows a person to sit in self rightiousness rather then feeling condemed by the law, thus they justify there anger, pain and actions against the crimes done to them not what they do to others. the church he is going to has also played a part in this. the fruit people show can be so dazzling to the eyes and easy to see in the flesh but the root will always determine wether the fruit is good or bad.

the lying is very heavy, but i feel the reason i am seeing this so easily is because the holy spirit is making me aware. i can see past the emotional manipulations and am very sensitive to the hidden intent that is sitting in the background. its as if i dont see him anymore and can see the xray.

God is preparing me and i feel the holy spirit starting to rise up in me for a dilerverence but when this will happen im not sure, i just have to be ready when God says.

while this is going on there are other things happening around me which has really blessed me. its like a stiring in the spirit realm. 2x people that have left my life have made contact with me in tears and have asked to see me.

i am aware of the enemy attacking my thoughts but the holy spirit is on it and keeping me well informed. our father is sooo Good i still can't fathom why he does good things to me but he does. i have a baby girl due in 5 weeks and that was and is a blessing in itself. praise to our Father in heaven.

2015/3/8 8:23Profile

Re:

Quote:

God is preparing me and i feel the holy spirit starting to rise up in me for a dilerverence but when this will happen im not sure, i just have to be ready when God says.

I encourage you to pay extra attention to leaving, if the Holy Spirit is saying this, even if temporary. Be open to both. This isn't your job. Don't embrace helping him so much that it blinds you to the Spirit saying to you to let go.

With a baby on the way, I'd like to encourage you to let go of this situation, so that you can focus on your #1 ministry, your wife and new baby.

2015/3/8 13:41

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy