SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Israel IDF starts Gaza ground offensive

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Israel IDF starts Gaza ground offensive

After days of waiting and deliberation, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu on Thursday night directed the IDF to send ground troops into Gaza to strike the terror tunnels into Israel.

A statement put out by the Prime Minister's Office said that Netanyahu and Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon Netanyahu directed the IDF to prepare to expand the ground operation.

read more: http://www.jpost.com/Operation-Protective-Edge/IDF-intensifies-Gaza-attacks-with-artillery-fire-air-strikes-363289

2014/7/18 11:12Profile

Re: Israel IDF starts Gaza ground offensive

Bibi is a good PM, but it really was his brother, Yoni, who was THE leader, even at a young age, but thru God's Will, Yoni was the only casualty (KIA) during the Entebbe rescue, he was also the commanding officer of this rescue mission.

Yesterday, I found a very rare and engrossing 57 minute documentary about Yoni's life...it will move you, he was a rare young man, a student and a reluctant warrior....I posted this because many of his comrades, mostly retired IDF generals testify about him. This gives you a rare intimate insight into the hearts of Israel's warriors, circa 1964-1976.

you will not be bored, quite the contrary.

"Yoni: The Life of Lieutenant Colonel Jonathan Netanyahu"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjIHPXAuuBs

(I too have the Hebrew name Yonatan, and will freely admit many times watching this, I was in tears. Some of it guilt, as I planned to emigrate to Israel in 82, then with my sons mother in 88, but never did, through circumstances not fit for public discourse. I was NEVER a 'secular' Jew, and I had planned to remain in the military, not reserves....but never did, so I DO feel shame, especially during times like this. Though i'm 54 now, I assume I would have been either retired or in leadership...but that was not to be. We pray for peace...always, but sometimes we must go to war. that is heart rending, like now)

2014/7/18 12:06
docs

Re: Startled again looking at a map

Not long ago I walked up on a world map and my eyes searched for Israel and when I found it I was amazed again at how small and unassuming it looks. It suprised me again. Why is there such a fuss over perhaps the smallest nation in the world and a very tiny piece 0f real estate? Well, I think I know the answer but a very small piece of earth hosts the number one geo/political problem in the world. The controversy isn't going away.

2014/7/18 14:33Profile

the why

Quote:
It suprised me again. Why is there such a fuss over perhaps the smallest nation in the world and a very tiny piece 0f real estate?

satan wants to kill the rest of us 13 million Jews, in his sick twisted evil mind, he believes that will inhibit Messiah's return....but we know, in Faith, what will happen to the evil one.

some may ask, "chapter and verse, please"....its there.

2014/7/18 21:43
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: the why

Quote:
satan wants to kill the rest of us 13 million Jews, in his sick twisted evil mind, he believes that will inhibit Messiah's return....but we know, in Faith, what will happen to the evil one.

Brother, we will hide you and others in our home. God will always have precious Jewish people till the end. It is a good consideration for saints to realize there are just 14 million jewish people in the world of 7 billion, what a miracle of God's grace and keeping power of a people for His own Name.

with ISIS, hamas, iran and other groups there it is purely a miracle of God that Israel exists as a nation.

2014/7/18 22:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy