Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

[b]Yolanda[/b]

Quote:
"Discipline causes us to build the house during the calm, to build our prayer lives in good times, and not just pray for power during crisis periods. Then we don't have to struggle to try to build it during the storms."

This is a great quote! :-) How true it is that we need to have a solid quiet time with the Lord daily, abiding in Him so that when trying times come we can just rely on that solid relationship we have with the Lord [i]daily[/i]!

2005/5/5 16:22Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re: "Lord, What Do You Want Me to Do?"

[b]Obedience and Yieldedness[/b]

The place of yieldedness is just where God wants us. People are saying, "I want... I want... I would like to know." ...And I see nothing, absolutely nothing in the way except unyieldedness to the plan of God.

- from a message [i]by Smith Wigglesworth[/i]

Transformation comes through constantly obeying and constantly yielding. This is the only way. You can go to church all your life; you can spend all your time learning, studying, praying, and singing; but still you will be captive to your past input unless you make the decision to yield and obey every time God shows you something.

Scripture says, [i]"To obey is better than sacrifice"[/i] (1 Samuel 15:22). If you spend your whole life sacrificing without obeying, sadly, you will never find victory, never find God's plan for you. ...Through obedience we really demonstrate our love.

- comment [i]by Peter J. Madden[/i]

[i][b]"If you spend your whole life sacrificing without obeying, sadly, you will never find victory, never find God's plan for you.[/b][/i]

Sadly, this describes a good many years of my Christian walk. I was so focused on what personal sacrifice I had to go through to please the Lord, not realizing that willful, joyful obedience is what He wanted, not my sacrifice. Obeying the Lord is now my delight, not my dissatisfaction. Thank God for His patience, and His loving discipline!

2005/5/6 13:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy