SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Preaching in the House of Congress

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

I concur with Apollus in that we must evaluate the message rather than the messenger. Was the message given by this woman credible? Could we say it was Biblical? Was she speaking Biblical truth when she delivered her message in the floor if the US House of Representatives.

I belueve Apollus broke out it down into 3 points. And the conclusion is she was speaking a Biblical message. Probably the first time a message like that was ever spoken in those chambers.

But as is typical we will debate was she a prophet? Was she annointed? Let me ask. Was the donkey that spoke to Balaam annointed or a prophet. It is the message that must be tested.

The timing of the message is very significant. Right on the heels of raising the debt limit. One must wonder if Gid us saying He will not be mocked by America shaking its fist and saying look what we can do.

One other thing I will add. Tbis message was given by a lowly stenograoher. A woman. Where were the supposed godly nen? One must wonder?

Bearmaster.

2013/10/18 19:35

Re:

Interesting that Just-in and I were posting on the sane theme. I say amen to his post.

Bearmaster.

2013/10/18 19:38

Re:

Confirmation of the Spirit, Bear and Frank!

2013/10/18 20:14

Re:

Diane Reidy said: "For the past 2 1/2 weeks the Holy Spirit has been waking me up in the middle of the night and preparing me (through my reluctance and doubt) to deliver a message in the House Chamber,” she told Fox News’ Chad Pergram in a statement. “That is what I did last night.”

http://www.charismanews.com/us/41418-house-stenographer-says-holy-spirit-moved-her-to-shout-god-will-not-be-mocked

2013/10/18 20:19

Re:

"Reidy was sent for a mental evaluation after being questioned by U.S. Capitol Police. It was not immediately clear if criminal charges would be filed."

We are to intercede for her and the message that she spoke.

It reminds me of "mene, mene, tekel, upharsin".

The writing has been on the wall for a long time and God delivered a message of judgment to the whole world (Babylon and the Church) through this sister.

2013/10/18 20:29

Re:

Amen Just-in we need to intercede for her and pray her message will be heard. The fact she gave this message to the US House of Representatives is very significant and should not be ignored. Though I fear many, including Christians, will dismiss her messages as that if a raving lunatic.

Bearmaster

2013/10/18 21:29

Re:

Yes, Bear. Marginalized and ignored, even in this thread.

2013/10/18 21:36

Re:

“Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent, because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a Man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raising Him from the dead” (Acts: 17: 30-31).

2013/10/18 22:07

Re:

You Must Suffer - John Piper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmKAv-5ose0

2013/10/18 22:10
brothagary

Re:

definity pray for fruit and ask for fruit from what she said if you think god is leading you

I don't think it was the will of god for her to stand up and say those few words that we herd about the free masons and serving two master yelling don't touch me saying praise God ,,God cant be mocked ,,,this sort of thing is too unclear of a message to penetrate the ungodly heart ,,tho I agree with her and understood what she means ,,,,every single acts of the apostle type preaching that is recorded for us by luke , give us a better example of what a spirit filled message might sound like ,, what we herd doesn't match up with the clear propagation of the command to repent toward god repent from sin and faith in Jesus

don't get me wrong brother and sisters ,im only saying this because deadn ask the question and I though it might be fitting to answer it and give an explanation on why I said what I said

but in saying that ,,god can still uses those words to reach people like some ones said God used a dumb donkey to restrains the madness of a prophet ,, I remember someone here say that ,,,proud papa ,,it was I think ,,that god used jehovawitness to reach him and led him ,,,even benni hinn can be used by god to deliver some truth ,,if he can do that he can surely uses a a young zealous Christian sister ,,,,,but that was not what I was denying it was weather it was a God sanctioned call to repentance towards the government ,,,,,,in other words was god fulfilling a plan of his through this woman or did she stand up in a zealous passionate out burst thinking this is what god wants me to say
i remember watch I sermon at the pray breakfast at a naruguation last year ,by a Jewish Christian ,,I cant remeber what it was called ,,does any one know ,,,the harbiginger I think it was ,,I very power full call to repentance to the Christian and the government worth watching ill try to find the link some here have already seen it as the link was posted

I know paul washer is not highly respected here so I probable should not uses him as an example ,, I remember him saying that many times he preached from a zeal with out knowledge ,,,that is only what im saying ,,not that this sister is a loopy street preacher or jehovawitness type ,,,but even in saying that iv seen some shocking street preachers speak biblical truth about god hell heaven ect,,,,,,so when it comes to discernment ,,it not just about have they spoke biblical truth ,,because the devil knows enough bible to put most of nus to sham ,,,and we all know you cross sll t and dot every eye and have head full of correct doctrine and know how to speak bible and be as lost polar bear in the Sahara desert

I think discernment encompasses a variety of things if we sift through our minds and heart to understand why it is we believe something or not ,though often we will discern things with out being conscience of how we do so

body language also plays a big role many times ,and does tone, mannerism and countenance ,,,,,so I think deadn has asked a simple question that can be clearly explained with just a yes or a know ,, or a ,I herd someone say biblical things ,,,,our spirit dissects the things in question ,,,,no one knows man except the spirit of a man ,even so know one knows the things of god except the spirit of god these 2 biblical principals are at work in harmony when we discern exactly what is going on

actually you don't hear much about discernment and how does it work ,, it will take much faith full prayer to go beyond what we speaking about here

blessings to all

2013/10/18 22:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy