SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A great noise in Christendom-time for silence

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

A great noise in Christendom-time for silence

God is longing to speak to His people but the modern day church, Christendom, is like a bustling city where everyone is going there own way, rushing to and fro, distracted and self focussed.

This shrill noise of music that directs and moves people, the beat being increased as the people seemed to be moved is merely a reflection of the power of any music and not the presence nor the worship of God. It is God’s presence that moves us in the realm of the spirit. Worldly music, including almost all of what passes for worship today, moves in the realm of the soul. The soul is immense and can never be filled with anything apart from God, everything else will leave you wanting.

We need to encounter something bigger than all that exists, and only God, and God alone can do that. So, why does the modern church settle for something less than God and choose to stay within the realms of the soul? It does not want to sacrifice to come into the holy of Holies. It is the Cain spirit. They will give the product of their own efforts and count this as sacrifice but God will have none of it. It remains outisde in the court of the gentiles, so close, but yet so far away. God dwells in a high and lofty place but He beckons to us to come, He beckons to the humble and the contrite and they come to where He is and they dwell there.

Only that which is of the kingdom can enter in, only that which is of eternal value can come into this place, all that is earthly and sensual cannot enter, all that focuses on our best life now, with a greedy and grasping heart that has eyes that can only see the mortal can never come into a place that is immortal. If our focus is on the finite then we can never see the infinite. Our focus must be on God alone, He is our exceeding great reward, we must see our lives in the context of who we are in Him or we can never see Him, can never come into that place.

God is calling and He is calling with a small still voice. His voice is not in the thunder or the earthquake, His voice is heard on the breeze. If we would hear Him, then we must fall silent. When our instruments of worship, designed to glorify God, have become adornments and additions to our noisy distracted lifestyles then we must lay them down. For worship begins in the heart as a small whisper in the wind. Can you hear The Lord calling? Our Lord does not compete with other noises nor does He compete for our attentions. Worship begins with God and ends with God. He is the central focus and worship flows from our lives. Only by living the worshipful life can we ever hope to enter into praise. A worshipful life is a the broken heart, the contrite spirit, the humble and the thankful.

These are the seeds of joy and praise. The discontent, the proud, the unthankful heart cannot enter into praise that takes place behind the veil, for to be discontent and proud and unthankful the eyes must be upon ourselves and our own desires. When our eyes are on Jesus, when we focus on such a great salvation that is ours, when we peer into eternity and catch a glimpse of God then the spirit begins to soar into high and lofty places and there we find a high and Holy God, there we find true praise, true worship that never leaves us the same, that makes us more thankful, more contrite and more humble thus taking us even deeper into the heart of God. God is calling on His people for a holy hush. Listen, can you hear the voice of God? He is calling His own. Wont you draw near to God this day? Run from all the noise and everything that distracts. There is no distractions before the throne, there is only God and He is high and lifted up.

2013/8/18 11:32
ArthurRosh

Re: A great noise in Christendom-time for silence

Thank you for this article.

2013/8/18 23:01Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Great word dear brother Frank. We re-posted part of it also on Gospel Fellowships: http://gospelfellowships.net/2013/08/18/leaving-the-great-restless-noise-of-christendom-to-be-silent-before-the-lord/

2013/8/18 23:12Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: A great noise in Christendom-time for silence

It is my opinion that many folks use music to drown out the still, small voice of God speaking to their hearts. That is why everywhere you go there is music blaring at you.

It is in the silence that one can hear the voice of the Spirit, a time where there are no distractions...It is in this silence where one can experience the joy of the LORD.

God bless.

ginnyrose

2013/8/19 10:09Profile

Re:

Silence indeed. There is still wonderful worshipful music, yet the focus must be on God and hearing Him. We live in a day where younger people, and increasingly older people, are distracted from the moment they arise until they lay their heads down. This flood of noise in the modern age comes simultaneously with the great falling away, to think there is no connection would be foolish. It has always struck me as ironic that one of the main corporations involved in the great distraction of our age is called "Apple." And their logo is an apple with a bite out of it. The first bite of an apple unleashed sin and death and the knowledge of it, now this modern age of knowledge is at the forefront of taking people away or keeping people from a " walk in the garden." ............bro Frank

2013/8/19 16:35

Re:

The beauty of silence-The noise of the world!

Posted by appolus on July 25, 2013

I believe the cross is empty
Because He dwells in me
No longer bound and chained by death
Because He set me free

I believe the tomb in empty
Because my heart is full
I believe the Lord He died for me
Hands pierced with nails so cruel

I believe in my Lord and risen King
Because I met Him on the road
He washed me clean, restored my soul
And took from me a heavy load

I know my King is coming soon
I hear His small still voice
Can you hear Him whisper in the wind?
Can you hear above the noise?

People running to and fro
Distraction, they abound!
Much noise is heard throughout the land
The Lord is nowhere to be found

Hush your voices Christendom
Let silence fall like rain
Let the dew of holy reverence
Soak us once again

Our God is vast beyond compare
He dwells in a lofty place
And His children dwell within the veil
And His glory shines upon their face

Seek the Lord in the quiet place
Run from all the noise
And up from the glory of silence
We begin to hear the saints rejoice

And the prophets of Baal make more noise
As they try to bring God down
Yet Gods unmoved by fleshly things
So they do not hear a sound

More drums perhaps, more noise may work?
If we worship all day long?
Perhaps the fire of God will fall
If we sing a louder song?

And still our God He is unmoved
By the sacrifice of Cain
And instead of God we see strange fire
As they make more noise again

Gods remnant children seek His face
And in the desert places bloom
For the bride she knows the Bridegroom comes
And the Lord our God is coming soon!

2013/8/20 3:31