SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Today's God is far too small

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

Re:

Quote:
And our God is still doing very big things today ... He's ever advancing toward His Kingdom come using the likes of us ... That's pretty big! ... Amen

Hallelujah!

James

2005/3/18 16:00Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

Quote:
While I do understand the nature of the term "we" to not be all-inclusive, that was the point behind the chocolate comment. Not everybody in this country is fat and lazy. There are many, many American missionaries, and we still are the #1 provider fiscally to overseas projects. Loren Cunningham's brainchildren (Mercy Ships and Youth With A Mission) are out there. I myself have met quite a few long-haul missionaries... the majority of which are American.

Ok this is true, but we must figure out what the spirit behind all this is. I mean you can send every missionary you have out to every place in earth but if they do not go in the Holy spirit, it does nothing. and again we can spend all the money we have on whatever but if it is not done under instruction of the Holy Spirit, again it is fruitless.

2005/3/18 19:47Profile
PTywama3

Tacoma, WA

Re:

IRONMAN, True enough. That being said, the crew I have run with invested in their work mightily, and I believe the Spirit is backing most of them up.

We have opened our eyes but to see. Just like biting into that apple, it had unintended consequences. Will we forget the beauty in the midst of it all?

2005/3/18 22:40Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

Quote:
IRONMAN, True enough. That being said, the crew I have run with invested in their work mightily, and I believe the Spirit is backing most of them up.

Most of them? it should be all or nothing. I would be weary of those whose inspiration for all this is questionable.

2005/3/20 10:02Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Peculiar people we are

Hi Rahman,

Quote:
This is just me folks ...

8-)

More and more this keeps coming back:
Joh 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Back to The mystery of it all.

2005/3/20 11:04Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: Thought on foreign missions

So often I hear about how we are sending missionaries overseas (from America), and how great the number we send out, and the great quantity of dollars we send out on top of it. Sometimes there seems to be some sort of disdain for American missions it seems, and a lot seems to be made of foreign missionaries who come to America to plant a church. Yet, of the foreign missionaries coming to America to plant a church, I wonder how come it is that we don't really seem to hear (at least I don't) of these men being very succesful, supposidly from people who have a stronger faith than what is seen in America (at least, that's how I interpret the painting we often make of Christians from 3rd world countries and the like).... just some thoughts.

2005/3/20 13:57Profile
PTywama3

Tacoma, WA

Re:

Quote:
Most of them? it should be all or nothing. I would be weary of those whose inspiration for all this is questionable.

I'm not going to say I'm perfect, and I'm not going to say that every missionary I've met has gone with God's heart into country. Some of them followed their spouse. Putting these two together comes up with something I can't guarantee 100%. If you're looking to attack something, IRONMAN, I can't stop you. I can just tell you what I've seen, and I can tell you what I've fealt and what the Spirit has told me.

All of my experience has boiled down to this point: do my best to find out what the Spirit is doing, and cooperate with Him. If I do this, I might just be successful, and God may just be given a little more opportunity. I cannot fight what is not mine to fight, but I can join with that which the Spirit has enabled and has enabled me to join.

2005/3/21 1:15Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

Re:

Quote:
If you're looking to attack something, IRONMAN, I can't stop you. I can just tell you what I've seen, and I can tell you what I've fealt and what the Spirit has told me.

See what I am against and what we should all be against is any "work" that is not born of the spirit and that includes anything I may come up with or anyone else for that matter. The lord desires us to worship and serve in spirit and in truth and we should do so in earnest. As far as perfection goes Christ said that we should be perfect like God is perfect. This perfection does not come from within but is a component of our relationship with Christ. It is the spirit that brings this perfection and by letting the spirit work as God would have it work without hinderance, then the perfection which Christ speaks of (which is if God) shines through.

Quote:
All of my experience has boiled down to this point: do my best to find out what the Spirit is doing, and cooperate with Him. If I do this, I might just be successful, and God may just be given a little more opportunity. I cannot fight what is not mine to fight, but I can join with that which the Spirit has enabled and has enabled me to join.

See this is what I am talking about, seeking after the instruction of the spirit in earnest. that should be the focus. You have it there and that is what we should all be doing incessantly. Really Christianity should be a much more radical faith, think about this, Christ says that He is the way, the truth and the life. What does that say about anything else?

2005/3/21 1:35Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

PTywama3
That last post from Jimm was from me actually.

2005/3/21 1:37Profile
dohzman

Re: Many are called Few are chosen

I can attest personally to both ends of the spectrum when it comes to forien nationals in America. Some come to the states with a mandate from God and some come only to get monies for thier poor churches back home.Where I've seen some come here for extended periods of time it seems to me that when they get here they are full of power and vision. But as a leakey vessel that seems to run out.And while we do send alot of missionaries overseas and send alot of monies abroad , its our personal lives as christians,the way we run our churches and conduct our ethic that they dislike.They need our money but don't want our worldiness and lukewarmness, thats a first hand quote.I introduce many of these forien nationals to various churches because of my evangelistic contact with the churches.Since I am not a pastor of a church that they are speaking at when they go to share what God is doing in hopes for gaining support for thier churches abroad , I'm privy to much of what's really on thier hearts , in the same way one person confides in a friend but doesnt confide in an aquaintance.

2005/3/21 2:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy