SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : while we fuss, you might notice we've just had war decalared on us.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

while we fuss, you might notice we've just had war decalared on us.

"State media: North Korea in 'state of war' with South, threatens to 'dissolve' U.S."

(CNN) -- North Korea has entered a "state of war" with neighboring South Korea, according to a report Saturday from the state-run Korean Central News Agency that included a threat to "dissolve" the U.S. mainland.

"Any issues regarding North and South will be treated in accordance to the state of war," North Korea's government said in a special statement carried by KCNA. "... The condition, which was neither war nor peace, has ended."

North Korea and South Korea technically remain at war since their conflict between 1950 and 1953 ended with an armistice and not a peace treaty. On March 11, the North Korean army declared the armistice agreement invalid.

This report represented Pyongyang's latest salvo aimed at South Korea and its ally the United States. Tensions in the area have been ratcheting up for months, with North Korea remaining defiant and, in some opinions, belligerent in the face of international efforts to halt its nuclear program.

Saturday's report included a direct threat to the United States, while also asserting Pyongyang "will not limit (itself) to limited warfare but to all-out war and nuclear war."

"We will first target and dissolve mainland United States, Hawaii and Guam, and United States military based in South Korea. And the (South Korean presidential office) will be burned to the ground," the KCNA report said.

rest of article: http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/29/world/asia/north-korea-us-threats/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Telegraph-London
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/northkorea/9960933/North-Korea-plan-to-attack-US-mainland-revealed-in-photographs.html

now i realize there's much important stuff to focus on like a fruitless Bible translation cyber scrum that gets 50 replies, 1447 views, and ultimately locked, while i posted in concern a prayer point-Korea post in this section, which got zero reponses and 38 views, which speaks volumnes of ...whatever.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=48727&forum=48&0

this is going to end very badly, pray the dead will be few. and thank God i'm not President, as i take threats seriously.

2013/3/29 22:53
MrBillPro

Texas

Fuss? did I miss something? if I did it was probably a blessing. :)

2013/3/29 23:40Profile
proudpapa

Re: while we fuss, you might notice we've just had war decalared on us.

Revelation 18

1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.

2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.

7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.

8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

9 And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,

10 Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

11 And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:

12 The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble,

13 And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men.

14 And the fruits that thy soul lusted after are departed from thee, and all things which were dainty and goodly are departed from thee, and thou shalt find them no more at all.

15 The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing,

16 And saying, Alas, alas that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls!

17 For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,

18 And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!

19 And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.

20 Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.

21 And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

22 And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee;

23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

This would appear that it could be america, except I do not see how verse 24 would fit.

Revelation 17
4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

I do not know why but ever since I was young and read this the statue of liberty came to mind.

2013/3/29 23:58Profile
savannah

Re: Rev. 17 & 18

Revelation 17 and 18 are not talking about a heathen city or empire; they are talking about Israel, the covenant people who killed the prophets (I Kings 19:10; Lam. 4:13).

The Great City/Mystery Babylon is identified as , Where The Lord Was Crucified, Rev. 11:8.

Only one city in the Bible is ever referred to as Sodom, it is Jerusalem, (Deuteronomy 32:32; Isaiah 1:10).

Jesus spoke to the people of Jerusalem warning them that they would fill up the measure of their father’s guilt in killing the prophets. Jesus Himself pointed out that no prophet dies outside Jerusalem? (Luke 13:33). Paul says they had filled up the measure of their sins and would experience the coming wrath. (1 Thessalonians 2:14-16).

Mystery Babylon was guilty of shedding the blood of the apostles and prophets(Revelation 18:20). Not only was their blood avenged, but God avenged all the blood shed on the earth on Mystery Babylon, (verse 24).

In Matthew 23:34-37, Jesus says Jerusalem is charged with the blood guilt of all the righteous blood shed on the earth up to that time. Jesus would send more wise men, scribes and prophets whom he said they would scourge in their synagogues and persecute from city to city until he destroyed Jerusalem.

Mystery Babylon was once a queen. This identifies the city as having a covenant relationship with God. Neither ancient Rome, nor any other modern city could appropriately be styled as God’s wife. Through the Old Covenant, God was married to Jerusalem, (Jeremiah 2:14). Because of her unfaithfulness, God threatens divorce. While Mystery Babylon claims to be a queen, she is widowed. (Revelation 18:7)

After the great city, Mystery Babylon is destroyed, God blesses a New Jerusalem. That implies an Old Jerusalem. This is the same antithesis running throughout the New Testament expressed in covenantal terms. (See Galatians 4:24-26; Hebrews 8:6-13; 12:18-23). The new Jerusalem however is not an earthly city but one which comes down out of heaven prepared as a bride adorned for her husband, (Revelation 21:1-3).

Paul writes of the bride of Christ in 1 Corinthians 11:2; Ephesians 5:23-31, Hebrews 12:22, 23).

The call to God’s people to come out of Mystery Babylon (Revelation 18:4) further aligns with the ancient city of Jerusalem. Prior to its destruction, Jesus warned that his disciples should flee the city to avoid its plagues of destruction, famine and death. (Matthew 24:15-17; Luke 21:20-22).

As old Jerusalem was once called the faithful and holy city, John prophesied that it was measured for destruction, (Revelation 11:2).

The prophecies of Revelation 18 do not fit Rome, nor any other city than Jerusalem; where the prophets, apostles and saints were slain. The usual interpretation to bring the apocalypse down through the ages to stage again the historical pageantry of the Roman empire, in the effort to find a future fulfillment, takes all the force out of the words of Christ in Matthew 23 and 24, and robs the apocalypse of its immediate message. The apostate Jerusalem was the object of the visions of Revelation.

There's no basis for a symbol or an analogy in which Rome, no less America, could have been depicted as having become a harlot, for Rome nor the U.S. never stood in the spiritual relation to God as a faithful city, turned to harlotry. The harlot was a city once faithful to God, and only Jerusalem can fulfill the symbolic descriptions.

2013/3/30 8:12Profile
MaryJane

Re: while we fuss, you might notice we've just had war decalared on us.

Greetings Neil

This whole thing with North Korea has been on my mind and heart. I have been praying. Its so sad to see that so many could potentially be harmed because of one mans ego. I have read that China has condemned NK rhetoric but has that changed? I know Russia was calling for everyone to take a step back that this could spiral. I guess that is my real fear is that things will get crazy fast and some of the other bigger players will jump into the middle of this and it all escalates. I pray that does not happen. I pray for the people of both North and South Korea because of the harm that can happen here if calmer heads do not prevail.

I guess the question is what will Obama do, he has to respond if the North attacks the South right? Then what about China will they support North Korea? As you said this could all end badly. Time to be in prayer for this and so many other situations around the world. I just keep praying "LORD your will be done and help me not to be fearful but to walk through all things in faith and trust.Amen!"

God bless
maryjane

Edit: I did not mean for my post to be one of sounding fear or alarm. These are just the ponderings that have been on my heart. As always I know the LORD is in control :)

2013/3/30 8:14Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

I can't help but think as long as there are at least 10 righteous, God-fearing people in South Korea, I don't believe God will rain nuclear fire down upon them.

2013/3/30 8:22Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

God, you rescued me from violent people - Psalm 18:48

2013/3/30 9:07Profile

Re:

There is a persecuted church in N. Korea who are paying a heavy price to bring the gospel light into that nation. This is ultimately a spiritual war that must be waged on our knees. For the weapons of our warfare are not of tbis world. But divinely powerful for the pulling down if demonic strong holds.

Any, who feel led, may join our prayer call tonight as we intercede for N. and S. Korea. For the church in S. Korea, once vibrant in Christ, is now corrupt. Her evangelical zeal now consumed by materialism. Indeed the persecuted church in N. Korea may well be calling for the S. Korean church to repent and return to Jesus.

Prayer call is 8pm Central time. Number is 209.255.1000. Access code is 109083#. All are invited to come and pray.

Blaine Scogin

2013/3/30 10:38
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

God is probably holding off on the first missile to head our direction, to see if the Supreme Court votes in favor of Homosexual marriage, they are not "Gays" they are "Homosexuals". Or are you still foolishly closing your eyes, ears and hearts to the truth? By having allowed homosexuals to live and function in society, they are proving that homosexuality does indeed do immeasurable and irreparable harm to the proper social order and welfare of humankind. This is clearly seen in their insistence to adopt innocent children and to legalize same sex marriage. The curse of homosexuality is also apparent in many other ways. Because it is such a great curse to humanity, the God who created humans says put homosexuals to death (Leviticus 20:13)! They ought not to be allowed to live! He has tried in vain to wake up America, but he sees were still bowing to a liberal America, and not following God. It is the LORD your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him. Deuteronomy 13:4

2013/3/30 11:35Profile
proudpapa

Re:

HI savannah.
interesting perspective.
something for me to meditate on.

2013/3/30 12:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy