SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Why Worry??

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

Why Worry??

Worry??-We’ve Got Our Father

Matthew 6:25-34

New King James Version (NKJV)
Do Not Worry

25 “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?

28 “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

Just passing this along as it was shared with me. What a comfort to know how much our FATHER cares for us!!

God bless
mj

2012/11/28 18:36Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Why Worry??

Quote:
Just passing this along as it was shared with me. What a comfort to know how much our FATHER cares for us!!

Amen sister. Great consolations in this passage.

2012/11/28 20:55Profile

Re: Why Worry??

This is a great comfort Sister.

Being retrained to think differently is a challenge. To think that as we trust in Him that He is working out all things for our good, tending to all our needs even before we ask for them, is a great relief.

But cooperate Christianity demands that we get the world saved, get out there and save, yet I have another force within me telling me that it's better that I receive instruction than to run out and do things that I was not told to do.

Time to rest.

2012/11/28 22:27
MaryJane

Re:

Luke 12:22-34

Do Not Worry

22 Then He said to His disciples, “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; nor about the body, what you will put on. 23 Life is more than food, and the body is more than clothing. 24 Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds? 25 And which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? 26 If you then are not able to do the least, why are you anxious for the rest? 27 Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 28 If then God so clothes the grass, which today is in the field and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will He clothe you, O you of little faith?

29 “And do not seek what you should eat or what you should drink, nor have an anxious mind. 30 For all these things the nations of the world seek after, and your Father knows that you need these things. 31 But seek the kingdom of God, and all these things[a] shall be added to you.

32 “Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom. 33 Sell what you have and give alms; provide yourselves money bags which do not grow old, a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches nor moth destroys. 34 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

This spoken to us again in Luke reassures us of where we are, what our reality in HIM is...what reason could we ever have to fear or worry???

So encouraged by the reality of who OUR FATHER is and how HE loves us!!

God bless
maryjane

2012/11/29 8:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy