SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : cloistered homeschool syndrome

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
rainydaygirl

Re: apology

Proudpapa

I wanted to tell you I am sorry. hope I did not cause you any ill feelings.

rdg

2012/10/7 12:07Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Just a minute, rdg. I would not throw the baby out with the bath just because you screwed up. Life is a series of learning and as long as your mind functions well it will continue until death overtakes you. I am 65 YO and still learning and experiencing exasperation with myself for some stupid thing I did but one does not quit. Never. Learn from mistakes and then get up and go on. This is life. If life is to be enjoyed one must embrace this aspect of it. To hide, run away from possible failure means life will pass you by and then what did you learn? Nothing. This is not the way faith operates in the life of an individual.

RDG, I suggest you accept the forgiveness God offers and then forgive yourself and go on. There is a richness to be learned from this process. God bless.

ginnyrose

2012/10/9 2:33Profile
jochbaptist

Re:

quote: No KK just AK. You understand.

No, I dont understand what you are saying brother.
What I meant was that comments like this by KK-

-----------------------------------------------------------
quote:
I also agree that this article is all over the place and hard to read.
This is because Mr. Pearl fancies himself to be an author, and he is truly not.
But he keeps writing books anyway, and thats ok. This is America.
Krispy

And your (AK's = amrkelly) academic and longwinded (it would be very interesting to make a word-count on your contribution to this specific thread) opinions on all you managed to extrapolate from the article, makes me sympathize with the OP, as I too have felt the brunt of reactions to something shared in a desire to participate and offer something that has been of personal value.

Comments like “I can't believe you said that...” and "You are talking tripe sir!" are comments I personally received on something I shared from my heart. Sharing leaves one vulnerable, and whoever responds to that should keep this in mind.

Blessings

Joch
(edited for clarity)

2012/10/9 6:25Profile

Re: cloistered homeschool syndrome

Quote:
quote: No[t] KK just AK. You understand.

No, I dont understand what you are saying brother.
What I meant was that comments like this by KK-

quote:
I also agree that this article is all over the place and hard to read.
This is because Mr. Pearl fancies himself to be an author, and he is truly not.
But he keeps writing books anyway, and thats ok. This is America.
Krispy

And your (AK's = amrkelly) academic and longwinded (it would be very interesting to make a word-count on your contribution to this specific thread) opinions on all you managed to extrapolate from the article, makes me sympathize with the OP, as I too have felt the brunt of reactions to something shared in a desire to participate and offer something that has been of personal value. jochbaptist.

The length of my contributions are visible. Thanks for the AK KK explanation. I understand your point about proudpapa's feelings. We all have them I think. Academic and long winded? It is a writing style and nothing more. Whether it is as academic as some seem to think it is! I doubt that very much. My own reference to the academic integrity of the article doesn't make my own contributions any more academic. It was a singular point not an objective. Thanks for the observations. I will try to bear them in mind.

2012/10/9 7:41
rainydaygirl

Re:

by ginnyrose on 2012/10/8 23:33:40

Just a minute, rdg. I would not throw the baby out with the bath just because you screwed up. Life is a series of learning and as long as your mind functions well it will continue until death overtakes you. I am 65 YO and still learning and experiencing exasperation with myself for some stupid thing I did but one does not quit. Never. Learn from mistakes and then get up and go on. This is life. If life is to be enjoyed one must embrace this aspect of it. To hide, run away from possible failure means life will pass you by and then what did you learn? Nothing. This is not the way faith operates in the life of an individual.

RDG, I suggest you accept the forgiveness God offers and then forgive yourself and go on. There is a richness to be learned from this process. God bless.

ginnyrose

----

you misunderstand my meaning in what i wrote. i do not feel as if i blew it because i did not like the article. i still have an opinion on it but i realize that i don't "have" to share it. Proudpapa really liked the article and it meant something to him, i didn't need to rain on that by pushing my opinion. this topic is not a salvation deal so i could have kept silent on the matter and just kept my thoughts to myself. that is where the mine field comes into play for me, knowing when to just keep opinions to myself for the sake of another feelings and when to share. its not about running away at all, its about using discernment to know when to post. i still have my opinions about this thread but my sharing them will do nothing to further Jesus Kingdom so better to just keep silent.

i still do truly hope proudpapa feelings are not hurt. as for accepting Gods forgiveness i do. its not about that for me, its about learning when to give an opinion and when to keep silent. i am learning that i can disagree with another, not like what they share from a preference point of view and still not say anything on the matter.

thanks
rdg

2012/10/9 7:58Profile
proudpapa

Re: cloistered homeschool syndrome

the first time I heard of the Pearls was when I came across there child training book "To train up a Child" It is there most famous book and one that recentaly has brought them under much fire by the entertainment media because of their stance on biblical chastisement

The Pearls where the first ones that I had heard teach courtship rather than dating,wish I had been 14 years old rather than 28 when I first heard of this.

The Pearls where the first ones I heard teach sanctification by faith rather than overcoming sin by self effort

The Pearls where the first ones That I heard make practical,the way in which you go about getting your wife to submit and follow your lead, PS it was not by shoving the scriptures that tell a woman to submitt to her husband down her throat.

I want to show the impression that I as a casual reader familer with the teachings of the Pearls would recieve from this article.

The title cloistered homeschool syndrome,I know is not an attack on homeschooling nor on involved parenting I know the pearl to be very strong advocates of Homeschooling and very strong advocates of involved parenting they teach not to leave your children alone with anyone they teach not to even have doors on your childrens bedrooms. They teach to be more involved in your childrens lives than any one else that I new of before becoming familer with there material a quote from p.63 of there book //If you have
duties outside
the home that prevent you from properly rearing your children,give your duties back to the Devil.//

I can see that people without having a background understanding of whom is writing this could automaticaly be on the defensive just from the title but the original artical was in there magazine that is read by people familer to their teachings.

The artical starts out by telling of a missionary family a homeschool no doubt missionary family the Foger family. They are presented as one example of a well trained homeschooled family that succedded in there childrens upbringing a prototype for us whom have young children to observe some characteristics that differed from some of the characteristics of familys that failed.

Where the forgers strict by todays standards?
absoulutly,so are the Pearls,They were involved in every aspect of there childrens lives they did not let there children Date or go hang out.they would themselves be labled by many as cloistered homeschool syndrome but there is a difference in the Pearls and what they lable as C.H.S. it is the Pearls are for training and teaching there children to become independant adults that is independant from needing mom and dad but of course still
dependant on God.

Anyone who knows anything of the Pearls,no clearly that they are not advocating leting your children raise themselves or advocating not being very involved in your children choice of whom they Marry. The Pearls teach very much in courtship and the parents being very involved in the courtship.

The artical than goes on to speak of the cloistered homeschool syndrome what it is and
the results that it causes. I personly know that this is no exageration,I know of personal accounts with the exact results as they describe. and I believe I know of personal situations that the Pearls articals on these issues have helped.

I might continue more later.

PS One last thing I am not angry with anyone on these threads no ill feelings

2012/10/9 22:00Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

proudpapa

i am glad there is no ill feelings.

rdg

2012/10/9 22:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy