SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Mormonism, Goose Bumps and the Great Falling Away by Jennifer LeClaire

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

rainydaygirl.

Good question. If you will notice I said that it may lead to Hell, not that it will lead to Hell. There is a difference.

The answer lies in the scriptures. All throughout the Word, we are commanded to stay away from false teachings, teachers, gospels etc.. We are told to have nothing to do with it, besides call it out, pray and direct people away from it. We are also told to not even have the look of being associated with evil. There are so many scriptures...

rainydaygirl. I am not certain that a vote from Romney will lead people to Hell. But I can tell you this, not voting at all will NOT lead to Hell. Why take the chance? There are so many risks associated with voting and supporting a Mormon, some of these I have mentioned earlier in this thread. Why roll the dice?

As for brothers in Christ attacking each other. None of the sort is happening. What you are viewing is a brother in Christ loving his fellow brothers (and sisters) in Christ by loving them enough to say something.

If folks are looking for someone to tickle their ears and say, "everything is alright", I am not that person. If I see my brother going down the wrong path, I have to say something, or I am just as guilty by-proxy.

My brothers have corrected me many, many times, and I am thankful for those corrections. I have learned a lot, and am still learning. Now it is time that they take a loving rebuke and hear.

Mormonism is a cult, arguably a Satanic cult. Supporting a cult member to lead God's people or any other people is wrong. I will not stand idle by while my brothers walk into deception. Cannot do it.

2012/9/24 14:47Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Miccah,

Quote:

If Christians have a problem with me questioning your Christianity, so be it. The question to you is, if it is unacceptable for a concerned brother in Christ to question you and your choices to support a cult/satanist leader, what would you consider "acceptable" for other Christians to question you on then?

I answered this within the context of my post...and in previous threads on this topic too.

We are not voting for a pastor, church or ministry. We are simply choosing between two individuals for a single position.

And, like I said, I have no problem with you having the opportunity to present your opinion. However, there is a difference between presenting an opinion or questioning the legitimacy of someone else's walk with God on the basis on a disagreement over this issue.

2012/9/24 14:59Profile

Re: Mormonism, Goose Bumps and the Great Falling Away by Jennifer LeClaire

I could not resist. This is the rather famous cartoon that teaches the "deeper revelations" of Mormonism. These are all reportedly documented theologies.....and more strange than any Star-Wars, OB Wan Kanobe, Star-Trek fantasies ever recorded in Hollywood.

This is more bizarre than any other cult in the world, IMHO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3BqLZ8UoZk

2012/9/24 15:00
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
rainydaygirl...how would casting a vote for Romney cause someone to go to hell? this is confusing to me? would a person who votes for Obama be in the same danger of hell?

Obama endorses same sex marriage, Romney is a Mormon, most nations will collapse when their morals have gone south, evil will prevail and there will be great division. We have already seen in living color what one can do, should we give the other a chance, or let the first one bring this country closer to the gates of hell? I am not endorsing anyone here, its just that if I have seen living proof what one can do and I am not happy, do I just vote him in again, or take my chances on someone else? God did grant us a little wisdom, sometimes I like to use mine. Personally, I think the Black pastors of America have the best idea.

2012/9/24 15:01Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

chris.

If I was walking in or into deception willingly, and tickling the ears of the saints to follow and you witnessed it, would you not speak up?

After warning me many, many times (and others giving this same warning), would you not begin to question my walk?

That is what is happening here.

I would rather offend someone to heaven, then flatter them into Hell. - Unknown.

2012/9/24 15:04Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

This is becoming an entertaining thread. Dare I say fundamentalism at its finest?

2012/9/24 15:06Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Quote:

These attacks are to be expected. Men rage when they see their systems being exposed, they always have and they always will. I am glad of your discernment on these issues though. It is true, God is judging and so we see what is unfolding. Men have become blind to to the deception and only God can open their eyes.

bro Frank

Frank,

When I point out that YOU have attacked others with such vile insinuations that you argue to be the mind of God on the matter by accusing those with whom you disagree of being "blind" or prone to "vote for the Anti-Christ" -- then you are not a "victim."

No one is "attacking" you.
I am asking that you stop attacking us.

Remember: Gossip, backbiting, insinuations, connotations and accusations are the languages of Babylon. When we "flee," we should leave those things behind.

2012/9/24 15:08Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
Miccah....After warning me many, many times (and others giving this same warning), would you not begin to question my walk?

I have been warned not to buy this house, or drive that car, or eat that food, or go to that Church many times by others, was there a message here? In every event above, I listened to God and everything worked out for the good. Just because we have different messengers don't make me or you wrong, I just always listen to the ultimate messenger, Jesus Christ.

2012/9/24 15:12Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
DEADn...This is becoming an entertaining thread. Dare I say fundamentalism at its finest?

I thought to be a Christian, you had to be a fundamentalist. :)

2012/9/24 15:15Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Miccah,

As I said, I have no problem with you sharing your opinion. However, you seem to have a problem understanding the difference between an opinion on the subject and what is undoubtedly the mind of Christ -- to the point of questioning someone's relationship with Christ over the matter.

When I was a relatively new believer, I went preaching house-to-house with a man from our congregation. We would sometimes see things or find people doing something that wasn't up to what some might think is "holy" behavior in believers.

On one porch, a person was very nice and told us that they were a believer. However, the man that I was with could hear a television on inside of the house. So, he said, "You aren't a real Christian if you subject you and your children to that idol!" On another porch, a man who claimed that he was a believer was listening to some "oldie goldie" songs. The man that I was with told him that he was going to Hell.

While I think that we ALL know the dangers of television, music or even Mormonism, it isn't my place to judge the spiritual condition of others.

That is what I think is happening here.

You can tell the truth (or even share what you THINK is the truth) without meandering into pronouncing the spiritual condition of others.

2012/9/24 15:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy