SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Who Have You Met?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
jeremyhulsey

Re:

Hi Tony,

No unfortunately I don't have any chapel services she preached. I keep telling myself I'm gonna buy some when I go down there but CBC's media ministry is not organised at all in the slightest. It's very time consuming to get the media from them.

I do have her phone number and address though and I've been meaning to call her to see if I could get ahold of some of her messages. If I do I'll let you know.

In Christ,
Jeremy Hulsey

2005/2/25 0:28Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Quote:
My only concern is that we look so much to these men and women that we despair in these present times, living by sight, and not by faith, thinking that God can't move today.

Let me clarify this thread once and for all...
I have no intention of relying up on these men of old for spiritual supplication, or to base my faith and hope upon their lives in any way. I simply must say that I have always been inspired by these giants of the faith and looking to the ancient paths and experienced men is beneficial to one's own faith. Not to trust in man, but to imitate lives that have lived the life of Christ. As the apostle Paul wrote: "Imitate me as I imitate Christ."

If members of this forum are going to make any further objections, then perhaps you should take it one step farther and not invest in the sermons on this website, for after all, we do have the Word of God, and that is enough. We don't want to base our faith upon the sermons of man. (Do you see my argument?)

God bless everyone with a concern, however, I do feel it is out of place!

In [b]Christ[/b]
-Eli

PS- Far be it from me to think that God cannot move in this generation. He can and He will!

2005/2/25 10:24Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

Quote:
Let me clarify this thread once and for all...
I have no intention of relying up on these men of old for spiritual supplication, or to base my faith and hope upon their lives in any way.

[laughs] You have to understand that what I write isn't specifically directed at a specific person. I post to a general audience. There may be someone out there who needs to read what I wrote. Someone who needs to be encouraged to look to the God that's within each of these giants of the faith, not the man himself. Or someone who's despairing when they compare this present generation with godly generations past. That's who my messege is to. If that's not you, then you have no need to worry. You need not take any offense to what I have said, because it doesn't apply to you. But by faith I believe it applies to someone, and there's someone who's going to take hope and be encouraged.

I think you started a wonderful topic and am glad that God led me to it. [laughs] I don't feel led to quite a lot of topics that get started on here. But I think this topic is edifying and encouraging to the body of Christ. So thank you, and please don't take offense. I write with a tone of hope and encouragement, inspired by the comforting Word of God.

:-)

What comfort wasn't found when I [i]also[/i] wrote:

Quote:
We should look to the same God that these men and women did! They should be an example to us that yes indeed, godliness, holiness, righteousness, purity, love... all these good things from above can be lived out in the lives of humans TODAY!

Along the lines of learning from former generations, I like this verse I read in Job a couple nights ago; "Just ask the former generation. Pay attention to the experience of our ancestors. For we were born but yesterday and know so little. Our days on earth are as transient as a shadow. But those who came before us will teach you. They will teach you from wisdom of former generations" (Job 8:8-10).

2005/2/25 13:02Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Fear not, no offense taken!

2005/2/26 20:27Profile
dohzman

Re:Re-Read--Last Things

I had posted something I believe everyone in the Church of Jesus Christ needs to realize and it goes perfectly with this topic and the questions that were asked. My response was telling something that the Holy Spirit Of Almighty God spoke to me before I entered the pulpit once. "I was about to look into the face of God and see Jesus Christ". The great men and women of God I see are the Body of Christ , and these giants of the faith all knew that. There can be no greater expression of God than His Church here on earth revived and doing the words and works of Jesus in life here and now.All these giants knew that and it was to that end that they labored. So while I've meet many giants , I can only see the Bride for in her is the Glory of God expressed.

2005/2/28 18:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy