SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Another Big name exposed. . .

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
inotof

Morehead, KY

Another Big name exposed. . .

It is with a heavy hear that i write this post. I read recently in a major Christian publication that another "big name" in ministry has "confessed" to being an addicited to booze and has been praticing a homosexual lifestyle. I'm not heavy hearted because i followed the mans teachings, rather i know of men and women who do who will be deeply affected though his "fall".--I weep for him as well.
This man was hearled as a "New Testmant Prophet" someone with "Apostolic thrust" to his ministry! Oh how we need for only Jesus to be our hero! My question amist the maddess is this, and perhaps this has been asked before and maybe i am just showing my ignorance, but. .where is the discernment?? If those that he was in fellowship with also touted as "mighty men of God"--had any certainly this would have comeon thier spiritual "spidersense" right? Things like this are driving me more and more into the arms of men of God such as Ravenhill (whom i recently discovered!) and Torrey and Wilkerson. . .as David Wilkerson once said he "longed to know Jesus that way the Purtians had known him. Any way i hope i am not wrong in asking where our discernment is? If anyone has any help for me on this one, I would appreciate some answers.

2005/2/22 15:12Profile
dann

Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

Re: Another Big name exposed. . .

Who was exposed?

2005/2/22 15:27Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re: Another Big name exposed. . .

[size=xx-small]"Things like this are driving me more and more into the arms of men of God such as Ravenhill (whom i recently discovered!) and Torrey and Wilkerson. . .as David Wilkerson once said he "longed to know Jesus that way the Purtians had known him."[/size]

It is true. Those Puritans in days of old knew Jesus in a way that our 21st century church cannot understand until they forsake all worldy pleasures, get on their knees, crucify themselves with Christ Jesus and enter into the glorious Life through costly the blood of Jesus.

2005/2/22 15:35Profile

Re: Discernment...

Mine's working just fine. I dont' watch tv preachers....period. Give me Ravenhill, Greene, Tozer, Wilkerson. I'll read or listen to anything they have published. Thank God for this great resource to help us with our sanity and checks and balances. But even then, there is not substitute for searching "the scriptures daily, to see if these things be so". Acts 1:11. There is where your discernment comes from. If you don't know the Word, then these tv people can lead you down the road to delusion, deception, and destruction. No substitutes for reading the Word, however, someone else can read it for you...as long as you are within hearing distance. \o/. Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God. Nothing quite like "listening" to the Word of God. God bless you and be not dismayed. God is still in control, and evermore shall be. Alleluia.

2005/2/22 16:26
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Quote:
Those Puritans in days of old knew Jesus in a way that our 21st century church cannot understand until they forsake all worldy pleasures, get on their knees, crucify themselves with Christ Jesus and enter into the glorious Life through costly the blood of Jesus.

Amen.

2005/2/22 16:29Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
It is true. Those Puritans in days of old knew Jesus in a way that our 21st century church cannot understand until they forsake all worldy pleasures, get on their knees, crucify themselves with Christ Jesus and enter into the glorious Life through costly the blood of Jesus.

Amen brother, I heard one brother say that if we were able to live around those old preachers from the past we would feel like backslidders around them. They were on a totally different level. We are the sub-standard, we need to change.. oh let us look back to the past and see what God can do with a man fully submitted to Him.

2005/2/22 19:28Profile
Spitfire

Re:

Quote:
Who was exposed?

Paul Cain

2005/2/22 21:20Profile

Re:

Quote:
Paul Cain

Well... ya know... I hate to see anyone fall, but Paul Cain has been a peddler of heretical teachings for a long time, and he is not the only one from that KC Prophet group / Morning Star Ministries to have fallen because of immorality.

I'm not bashing Paul Cain... just saying that it doesnt really surprise me. My prayer for him is that God gets ahold of him in a major major way, and sheds His truth upon him.

None of us are above falling into sin, and we can be sure our sins will find us out. But I also believe that God, long suffering as He is, will tolerate heresy and hypocricy for so long before He starts to clean house.

I dont know anything about Rick Joyner's personal life... all I am saying about him and his "ministry" is that he not only defends several of these "fallen prophets"... he is in ministry with them. That alone is deserving of a warning to the church about Rick Joyner and Morning Star Ministries. And I have personal experience with this bunch back when I was into all of that stuff.

It's interesting to note what Rick Joyner said concerning Paul Cain's immorality:

[i]"The signs that these problems existed were abundant, and we had an obvious lack of discernment and failed to see them until this year."[/i]

These guys call themselves prophets, and yet they didnt have enough discernment to figure out what was going on in Cain's life? The signs were "abundant", and yet they missed it? And Christians trust these men and their alleged "prophecies"?

From the Apologetics Indeax, here is another "prophet" that Rick Joyner endorses and ministers with: Bob Jones. ([b]not[/b] the Bob Jones University guy!) I've personally met this guy... back when I thought this stuff was real. Anyway... this is what Apologetics Index says about Jones:

[i]"One of the Kansas City Prophets. Seen by some as the most controversial of the Kansas City Prophets. Was removed from the Vineyard Anaheim because of sexual improprieties, which consisted of encouraging women to undress in his office so they could stand "naked before the Lord" in order to receive a "word." Still active today, with the abundant support of Rick Joyner. Jones is a major proponent of Latter Rain and Manifest Sons theology."[/i]

Bob Jones is still out there ministering today... with Rick Joyner's ministry.

[b]It is not divisive to expose false teaching[/b] of this magnitude and with such huge ramifications for the church internationally. It is necessary. Test all things, hold fast what is good. I Thessalonians 5:21.

[b][size=large][color=FF0000]May we all keep our eyes on Jesus... and not on self professing prophets.[/color][/size][/b]

Krispy

2005/2/23 7:44
inotof

Morehead, KY

Re:

Quote:

These guys call themselves prophets, and yet they didnt have enough discernment to figure out what was going on in Cain's life? The signs were "abundant", and yet they missed it? And Christians trust these men and their alleged "prophecies"?

That is my point exactly. When do we stop "covering for our own" and start once again having a zeal for the Glory of the Father! I believe it was Henry Blackaby that once prayed for a man to be restored after he had fallen, we all fall and God forgives--however when he prayed he prayed that since it was a fall that caused a great reproah on the body--"I will pray for restration but in a way that brings Glory back to God." Not in a way that "preserves HIS ministry. Let's continue to pray for those that were under him and for the man himself--that he will be forgiven and healed of the mess in his life, we all have messes, but in a way that restores Honor to the name of the Lord.

2005/2/23 8:30Profile
dann

Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

Re:

Quote:

Spitfire wrote:
Paul Cain

I haven't heard of the guy. Apparently I am not missing much. :-(

2005/2/23 8:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy