SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : 1 John 1:8 Refers to ongoing sin?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

appreciate you guys all sharing. I think I need to go with my gut and realize I am also being transformed into His image from glory to glory. I do notice progress over time. I still sin, sometimes bad, but He always brings me to repentance. I have to trust in His working in me.

2012/8/20 9:21

Re:

After reading these words in David's Psalm, I threw out the excuse of "unconscious sin" ... Psa 139:23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
Psa 139:24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

The first time I read this - I prayed and asked Him to show me any "unconscious sin" in me and that very same night I had a dream - actually two dreams that showed me something that I wasn't really conscious of.
That's what He wants from us. He even wants to Sanctify our dreams ... believe it or not.

When I was studying the New Age - I read that they were able to control their dreams. That one of their 'practices' was to put themselves back to sleep when they woke up and intentionally finish their dream the way they wanted it to end. Wha-lah, the latent power of the soul.
Right after that, I met a Brother that confessed his sinful dreams but also admitted that he liked to sleep a lot. Got it? What he knew he couldn't do while awake, he found that he could actually make happen in his sleep, by his own free-will.
When that dream-habit was exposed as something that he was willingly submitting to - he was able to take authority over that part of his life as well.

I believe David's Psalm shows us that we needn't keep falling for the excuses of anything staying 'unconscious'.

I went off to pray just now for more light on a certain struggle that someone was having and the LORD gave me the verse that "We're 'Seated' in Heavenly Places 'with' Christ".

Oh my. Imagine exercising certain sins while sitting right next to Christ on His Throne.

2012/8/20 9:22

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy