SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is Mormonism a cult? How can you do this?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Brothertom writes...........

"I wanted to vote this year, but I will pray for mercy for America instead.'

Amen brother. I pray that every Christian will do the same as you have been led to do..............bro Frank

2012/7/12 11:06
kjcword

Re:

Nobody said that it was all rainbows and unicorns. God gives time to all men and desires that all men repent and believe on Jesus. God's judgment comes after death. (Heb 9:27). Again, ROM 5:8-10 is quite clear that God loves sinners enough to die for them. The text doesn't say, Behold, the lamb who takes away the sin of the ELECT. He loved you and me while we were yet sinners. Commanding all men everywhere to repent.

by Miccah on 2012/7/12 6:46:03

TMK,

Requote...

I have read the scriptures. No where in scripture does He state that He loves those in Hell. In fact, there are many places that it say the Lord hates certain things and people.

It is not all rainbows and unicorns. Eternal seperation from God is not love towards the seperated. It is judgement and punishment, where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth. Where the worm never dies...

2012/7/12 12:24Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Ok kjcword. I see that my question will not be answered.

Be blessed.

2012/7/12 12:42Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Miccah wrote:

"I have read the scriptures. No where in scripture does He state that He loves those in Hell. In fact, there are many places that it say the Lord hates certain things and people.

It is not all rainbows and unicorns. Eternal seperation from God is not love towards the seperated. It is judgement and punishment, where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth. Where the worm never dies..."

While I diasagree strongly with your premise, what is really objectionable is the glee you seem to take in making this statement.

2012/7/12 13:35Profile
rbanks

Re:

BrotherTom,

I read your first few posts and was beginning to see that you were making some sense to this whole thing about voting and our rights as a Christian to pray and be led by God to make a choice of the candidate that we believe would be more in line with Christian principles. Then you took a u-turn in the road and went completely against what you previously said because of articles you read about Romney in the past.

Now Tom are you going to be a pacific’s and do nothing when it comes to voting because of someone’s past. You stated earlier why you would vote for the one running on conservative principles. You stated all the things Obama’s done and what about the next 4 years. How much worse will it get if he is in there for 4 more years. At least the other candidate will be running on a more conservative and moral platform and for that very reason will be doing things more toward Christian principles. We know that the one in there now will be running on the sodomite and pro-abortion platform as well as his out spoken support for these ungodly things.

Now Tom since the president has been more out spoken recently for so much ungodliness it leads me to believe that he will do more corrupt things and do so much more damage in the next 4 years. I as a Christian really need to pray and act according to what is going on now. I must act by making sure my “right to vote” is exercised against the ungodliness that I know is being carried out now and continues to be carried out. I must do what I can with my “one vote” to make sure that what I know is evil in that I am standing against it.

I don’t know what a new president will do in the next 4 years but I do know how much evil is being perpetrated on a daily basis with this present administration. Although we all know Mormonism is a cult, we also know that there moral values is much more in line with true Christianity than the values of the present administration.

After giving this thing some considerable thought and knowing that Jesus said “to render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s and to God the things that are God’s”, then I have to pay taxes and also have a responsibility as a US citizen and as a citizen of heaven to make the best choices after prayer that I’m led to make. So if I don’t vote then I did nothing concerning the present administration and if every Christian who believes in moral principles does not vote then most likely the present administration will continue with its ungodly agenda. If I vote for a new president (not knowing for sure what it will be like) then I am voting against the present administration ( I do know how ungodly it has been and continues to be), and this leads me to believe in my heart stating before God that I am against what he is against, and that I will pray for the new president, his salvation, his moral decisions, and him having the ability to be a good president for the people of the USA and the world at large.

Blessing…from brother rbanks

2012/7/12 13:37Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

TMK wrote,

Quote:
While I diasagree strongly with your premise, what is really objectionable is the glee you seem to take in making this statement.

I appologize if I came off as having glee towards the above statement. This is not the case at all. Anyone that knows me outside of these forums would more then likly tell you that I truly have a burden and longing heart for the lost. It is my desire that ALL are with the Lord, as I strive to live my life this way. I take no joy in people being damned. I also will not water down the truth in order to be PC. Again, please forgive me if it was interpreted this way.

Yet, this does not change the facts of my statement. If you disagree with my statements, please prove via scripture where as God loves those that are damned to and in Hell.

If that is offensive to you, please take it up with the Lord, for it is in His Word.

2012/7/12 13:45Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

rbanks wrote,

Quote:
Although we all know Mormonism is a cult, we also know that there moral values is much more in line with true Christianity than the values of the present administration.

Brother... This is why Christianity has fallen so far in America. We compromise with the "lesser of two evils".

Mormonism stands against most everything you hold dear as a Christian. If you feel lead to compromise your most valued belief because of a secular election and vote for a Satanist, what does that say about you?

2012/7/12 13:50Profile
Solomon101

America's Flyover Country

Re:

Quote:
Miccah wrote:

"I have read the scriptures. No where in scripture does He state that He loves those in Hell. In fact, there are many places that it say the Lord hates certain things and people.

Not really in this debate... but will ask a question.

What exact scriptures are you using to prove that God said He DOES hate all the people who are in hell?

Those scriptures don't exist ..... and you are making vast assumptions. That is particularly true since several scriptures have been shown that God does indeed love all men, and paid for the sins of the world!

2012/7/12 14:01Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Solomon101,

You keep saying something to the effect of "not really in this debate...but..." Might as well join in. You are already involved. :)

There are too many to look up for you atm. But one that comes across my mind is the following...

Psalm 11:5-6,

5 The LORD tests the righteous,
But the wicked and the one who loves violence His soul hates.
6 Upon the wicked He will rain coals;
Fire and brimstone and a burning wind
Shall be the portion of their cup.

2012/7/12 14:09Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Brother Miccah,

Quote:

If you feel lead to compromise your most valued belief because of a secular election and vote for a Satanist, what does that say about you?

I think that it would be good if you could add some "salt" to your rhetoric. Remember: You aren't speaking to unsaved men here. You are speaking to children of God who know their Savior. You don't have to speculate about our eternal spiritual condition or speculate about their motives. As believers, most of us will vote only if we feel led to and even then after after much prayer.

As some have stated previously in regard to the upcoming election, it may not be about the "lesser of two evils." It is simply a decision about which of two candidates might be a better choice for a four year term as president. They aren't choosing a pastor, a religion, or the man himself. They are simply deciding which would be a better of two choices.

This thread has meandered into questions about whether or not God loves individuals in Hell (which is odd because neither or the two candidates are there yet). Yes, Mormonism is a cult. Yes, Liberation Theology is a cult. However, nearly EVERY business in this country -- including the companies that built your PCs, phones and provide internet for you upon which SermonIndex is accessed -- are run by unbelievers.

Is there a "varying degree" of eternal status or error for an unbeliever? Are Liberation Theology advocates worse than Mormons? Are Mormons worse off than Episcopalians or Anglicans? Are atheists better off than Jehovah's Witnesses? Is a president of greater importance than the owners/managers of companies where you choose to buy groceries/clothes for your family or of the employers where you will work?

Ultimately, it is the responsibility of believers to pray before they do ANYTHING. You can rest assured that many of us will pray. You can even encourage the brethren to pray. However, you can't make the decision for us. Please allow the Holy Spirit to be the One who will guide us to the proper decision. After all, we too have the Holy Spirit.

I just think that we must be careful with our language. We may not reach an agreement on this topic before November. However, you can be confident that there will be much prayer between now and then.

2012/7/12 14:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy