SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Romans 7:6 -- What is Paul Saying?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Romans 10:5 For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.

Galatians 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Man cannot live by the law, it will kill him, Just as it killed Jesus Christ by man keeping the law.

Man has always distorted the Law to keep himself in what he approves of not God. The Law in itself has no life in it. There is only life in Christ, and the Law will take care of itself by He that kept it perfect, and He is now in us.

John 19:7 The Jews answered him, We have a law, and by our law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God.

If I keep the law perfect, even then I will die in it.

If I keep Christ, I will live.

In Christ: Phillip

2012/4/25 22:01Profile

Re:

the word HANG is Strongs #2910 translated from greek {krematai} κρέμαται Meaning: DEPEND

Again, if you want to obey the law in it's entirety have a go at it. I cannot follow you, for when I try to good evil is present with me and the very thing that I hate to do that is contrary to the law, I do. I have found that when I stop 'trying' to do good, goodness comes to me. When I stop 'trying' to find out God's ways, His ways come to me. When I stop 'trying' to understand His word, His word is revealed to me. I have come to understand that God does not need my help. He knows what He wants and when He does command me to do something He is not asking for my help, He is desiring that I obey Him so He can come closer to fellowship with me more than before.

2012/4/25 22:02
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

theEphah,

You're right that that word can mean depend but you've got your Greek grammar backwards. It's the Law that depends on these two commandments not the other way around.

2012/4/25 22:39Profile

Re:

Quote:
You're right that that word can mean depend but you've got your Greek grammar backwards. It's the Law that depends on these two commandments not the other way around.

That word is translated exactly as "depends"
http://biblelexicon.org/matthew/22-40.htm

maybe you didn't read my comment:

How can you say you love your neighbor when you're having an affair with his wife?

Yet the Law says: thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife. Deuteronomy 5:2

So loving your neighbor as yourself, depends on you not coveting his wife to begin with. Not the other way around!!

Thanks for participating.

2012/4/25 22:57

Re:

Quote:
Again, if you want to obey the law in it's entirety have a go at it. I cannot follow you

which of the laws is hard to keep?

Do not commit adultery.Leviticus 18:20 -
-is this impossible to obey?

A man must not have sexual relations with his brother’s wife.
-is this impossible to obey?

A man must not divorce a woman he married after having seduced her.

How about this one? is it impossible to obey?

Do not curse parents or teachers.Exodus 21:17

Which one of these laws is impossible to obey??

2012/4/25 23:04
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

I read it and that is precisely why I said you have it backwards. The whole Law depends on the the other two commandments. It's the Law that's useless without the other two.

True I wouldn't know not to covet if the Law hadn't said do not covet. But there is no power to be righteous by keeping the Law.

"The Scripture, forseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, 'All the nations will be blessed in you.' So then those who are of faith are blessed with Abraham the believer. For as many as are of the works of the Law are under a curse; for it is written, 'Cursed is everyone who does not abide by all things written in the book of the Law to perform them.' Now that no one is justified by the Law before God is evident; for, 'the righteous man shall live by faith.' However, the Law is not of faith; on the contrary, 'he who practices them shall live by them.'"

Galatians 3:8-12

2012/4/25 23:08Profile

Re:

Quote:
But there is no power to be righteous by keeping the Law.

hulsey, are you sure about that?

The laws of Yahweh is perfect, RESTORING THE SOUL; The testimony of the Yahweh is sure, making wise the simple. Psalm 19:7

Restoring the soul? you mean the Law can do that?

All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal.Psalm 119:160

Surely you're not smarter than King David are you? the Law itself is righteous!

He who practices righteousness is righteousness, just as He is righteous; 1 John 3:7

You're not calling John a liar now are we?

Did you get that brother? you are going by you're feelings, your feelings will get you burned. Believe in the prophets.

2012/4/25 23:36
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

The Law written on stone according to Paul is a ministry of condemnation not a ministry of life. The Law is good but it is weak in that it does not bring life. The Law's work is to kill and as long as you are striving to find righteousness by the Law you will come up short because the Law's work is not to bring you life it's work is to kill you and it's work is a righteous one.

I'm in total agreement with John when he said that the he who practices righteousness is righteous even as God is righteous. I also agree with Paul when he said in Romans 9 that no one is justified before God by works of Law. You'll never achieve righteousness by the strength of your flesh in trying to keep the Law because according even to Moses the Law is a testimony against you.

I also believe in works, works of faith. This is the man who has died to the Law and has been raised to new life and now lives according to the Spirit. These works are the works that God approves of.

If you are trying to be justified by works of the Law you might as well break a dogs neck and offer that as a sacrifice to God according to Isaiah.

Paul in Galatians ch4 equates trying to be justified by the Law with idolatry.

There is life, a righteous life free from the power of sin, but it's only by faith that it can be obtained. And by this I mean actual righteousness in the life of a believer.

2012/4/25 23:45Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, hulsey; your post was soooowonderful and true to the gospel. i wish i could write as well for this post is my heart.thank you.jimp

2012/4/26 3:52Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Brother Ephah have you forgotten that the scriptures also say when you trangress one law you break them all?

2012/4/26 7:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy