SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Being Slain in the Spirit by Bill Niland

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
PosterThread

Being Slain in the Spirit by Bill Niland

SLAIN IN THE SPIRIT -Warning! You will receive demonic spirits....read on!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Bible is clear that there would come a time that many in the church
would come to believe false doctrines.

Eph 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

2ndTim 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching
ears;

The baptism of the Holy Ghost is not something that can be passed on by breathing on or laying hands on someone. Jesus is still the Baptizer in the Holy Spirit. Jesus is constantly filling us with His spirit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is being slain in the spirit.?

Someone will invite those who need healing or emotional and spiritual needs to come to the front of the church. They will either lay hands or blow on the individuals and they will fall backwards going into a trance like state. Some will just lie there while others may jerk, laugh, cry, roll, speak in tongues or have visions.

There is no Biblical evidence showing one being slain the spirit. The new or immature Christian may just accept this practice, simply because he does not know any better. I have even had some tell me they just pretended because they were afraid that others might think them unspiritual.

Heb 5:13 For
every one that useth milk is unskillful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. 14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Rom 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helps our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself makes intercession for us with groaning which cannot be uttered.

The mature Christian will test the spirits.

1John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 6 We are of God: he that knows God hears us; he that is not of God hears not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

The Occult Connection

Ellis Stewart, research director for Bill Rudge Ministries, in an article titled "Hindu Occultism" wrote: "The most feared and revered deity in Hinduism is the goddess Kali (Durga), the wife of Shiva the destroyer. She is also known as Shakti, which means force and represents the impersonal force that occultism teaches runs the universe. The divine power-touch of the guru is called Shakti pat. This is a term used for the touch (or near
touch) of a guru's hand to the worshipper's forehead that produces supernatural effects. Shakti literally means power (so they believe) underlying the universe. The supernatural effect of shakti through the guru's touch may knock the worshipper to the floor or he may see a bright light and receive an experience of enlightenment or inner illumination, or have some other mystical or psychic experience."

Bhagwhan Shree Rajnessh, a guru who placed a special emphasis on Zen Buddhism, passed his new spiritual "wine" with a single touch to the forehead of his followers. They would fall to the floor in ecstasy, drunk
with the new "wine."

Swami Baba Muktananda would slay followers in the spirit through Shakti-pat (physical touch). "Holy" laughter, crying, shaking and animal manifestations would occur regularly at his meetings.

Followers of Yan Xin, a Chinese Qigong master, encountered "holy" laughter and other strange physical sensations.

When we see Jesus pray for someone, did someone have to stand behind them to catch them? Do we see any of the disciples slapping someone on the forehead as they fall backwards or blowing on them when they prayed? We
don't need to be slain in the Spirit but cut by the very word of God.

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shall be no priest to
me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit,
and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Paul tells us:
Eph 5:18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; 19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

We don't have to be slain in the spirit to receive the anointing of the HolySpirit. Every believer receives the gift of the spirit when he receives Christ as his personal Savior, salvation. Does the Bible show people line up
in a church service in a row and have the power of the Holy Spirit given to them by some anointed person with someone standing behind them to catch them? God does not need a conduit for His power.

In Rodney Browne's book, The Anointing, p.22, he states that any Believer can operate in any of the nine gifts of the Spirit. This is false statement. In 1 Corinthians 12 we learn that the Holy Spirit gives the gifts of the spirit and no one has all the gifts. The body of believers work together, each having his own gift. 1Co 12:28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

On the Larry King Show Benny Hinn described the anointing as " Now here we are, human beings you know, made out of dust and God will touch the body with His power. It's just like touching electricity, you know. It could
throw you. It could also kill you if there's too much of it."

The Holy Spirit is not like electricity.

Those who had an experience with God fell on their faces in worship and fear!

Gen 17:3 And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying ..

Jos 5:13 And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries? 14 And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant? 15 And the captain of the LORD's host said unto Joshua, Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy. And Joshua did so.

Eze 1:28 As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round about. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. And when I saw it, I fell upon my face, and I heard a voice of one that spake.

Eze 43:1 Afterward he brought me to the gate, even the gate that looketh toward the east: 2 And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the
way of the east: and his voice was like a noise of many waters: and the earth shined with his glory. 3 And it was according to the appearance of the vision which I saw, even according to the vision that I saw when I came to destroy the city: and the visions were like the vision that I saw by the river Chebar; and I fell upon my face.

Mat 17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom
I am well pleased; hear ye him. 6 And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid.

When God met with these it was not in a corporate setting. Their falling on their faces was in awe and fear.

Rev 7:11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and
worshipped God,

Rev 11:16 And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,

This is not some hypnotic trance. They fell in worship and awe of God.

When Christ breathed on the disciples did they fall down?

John 20:22 And when
he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

Those who promote "slain in the spirit" use Saul's encounter with God on the road to Damascus for Biblical support.

Act 9:3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven: 4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

Saul was not a believer and was on his way to persecute more of the Christians. He fell to the earth when he was knocked down to the ground by the Sheckinah glory and a revelation from the Lord. No one touched him or knocked him down and no one caught him. In fact all that were with him fell to the ground.

Act 26:14 And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Since Paul was an unbeliever how does this provide justification for slaying in the spirit today?

Notice those that were not saved and in judgment from God fell backward, but again no one catches them.

Slain or falling backwards is a judgement of God

Joh 18:5 They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them. 6 As soon then as he
had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground.

1Sa 4:18 And it came to pass, when he made mention of the ark of God, that he fell from off the seat backward by the side of the gate, and his neck
brake, and he died: for he was an old man, and heavy. And he had judged Israel forty years.

Isa 28:13 But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and
there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

Saul had just heard of his impending death from Samuel and he fell full length on the ground.

1Sa 28:20 Then Saul fell straightway all along on the earth, and was sore afraid, because of the words of Samuel: and there was no
strength in him; for he had eaten no bread all the day, nor all the night.

Does being slayed in the spirit make one closer to God?
Are they more spiritual?
Why does someone have to catch you?
Why would God want you to pass out?
Why would this be the way to have an experience the Holy Spirit
when you already have him in you as a Christian?
Why is none of this mentioned in the Bible?

Why, because this is straight from the devil. This spirit is not of God. This is of the antichrist.

2Co 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

When one is slain in the spirit by someone touching them, is this bringing glory to God or drawing attention to the one doing the touching? I have counseled and delivered many people from these demonic spirits over the years. It is amazing how the pentecostal movements provide an wonderful atmosphere for demonic spirits to move amongst the people freely, and being freely invited in due to ignorance and false gospel messages.

People are being deceived, almost hypnotized or in a trance-like state by another touching them or blowing on them. Sometimes this is done repeatedly. Why is there a need to blow them down over and over? Wasn't once enough? Sometimes music is used to get the people in an emotional state. The music is played loudly with a beat. The words are repetitious and it places the congregation in a state of hypnosis.
(Sort of like tribal voodoo experiences where people are put in a trance and fall like dead people and spirits take over their bodies)

My friends, stop suscribing to the false Pentecostal teachings and their teachers and be free! This quick teaching and warning is given out of love for you and for the truth of God. Do not let your pride or comfort allow you to be kept in bondage and false teachings....but submit to God in truth!

Thank you,

Bill Niland, an Ambassador for Christ Jesus

2012/1/24 16:49
Leeza

Re: Being Slain in the Spirit by Bill Niland

Thanks for explaining and researching this. Many years ago, I went to a church with a friend, and I was in great need emotionally. It was a ladies meeting, and they prayed for me, and next thing I know I am on the floor. They told me to speak in tongues, and I couldnt. Something happened though, and now I fear that it may have been what you are saying.

2012/1/24 21:07Profile

Re:

Thanks for posting this. Sadly some/many will still defend this based on experience and emotion instead of the on the Word, but it needs to be said none the less.

2012/1/24 21:39
jimp

Re:

hi, at one time in my life i was used by God to pray for the sick and those who desired the baptism in the Holy Spirit at the great church we attended. many miracles and all were filled with instant evidence of speaking fluidly in unknown tongues and then they were getting (slain in the spirit).the result:no miracles, me filled with pride, noone filled.the pride deal stunted my growth for a while asit will yours.jimp

2012/1/24 21:57Profile
JonBartlett

"The baptism of the Holy Ghost is not something that can be passed on by breathing on or laying hands on someone"
What do you think of these passages?

Acts 8:17 -Then they began laying their hands on them, and they were receiving the Holy Spirit.

Acts 8:18 - Now when Simon saw that the Spirit was bestowed through the laying on of the apostles’ hands, he offered them money,

Acts 19:6 - And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they began speaking with tongues and prophesying.

1 Tim 4:14- Do not neglect the spiritual gift within you, which was bestowed on you through prophetic utterance with the laying on of hands by the presbytery.

2 Tim 1:6 - For this reason I remind you to kindle afresh the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands.

2012/1/25 9:49Profile

Re:

I praise the Lord that He delivered me from a lot of Charismatic foolishness... such as being "slain in the spirit".

The more I grew in knowledge and understanding of God's Word the further away from that stuff He took me.

Funny how that works.

Krispy

2012/1/25 13:09
JHerndon

Bonifay,Fl

I do not believe that being "slain in the spirit" is a normative experience. But to say that people who are slain in the spirit are demon possessed is a little extreme. Self control is a fruit of the Spirit so He is not going to over power you and throw you to the ground. I think this mostly comes from people having the idea that this is some awesome spiritual experience and see others do it and want people to think they are super spiritual so they do it too. I do know of one occassion a friend of mine was on a mission trip in Brazil and this man was praying for him and seemed he wasnt going to stop until he was "slain" so my friend took the fall. lol

2012/1/25 14:34Profile

Re:

J, I agree... I know for a fact that many fall out because they think thats what is expected, or they feel pressured because others are doing it and they dont want to look less spiritual. It generally has nothing to do with being demon possessed.

If someone falls to the ground and shakes and foams at the mouth and their eyes roll back in their heads… that very well could be demon possession. I’ve seen that in the church and passed off as the Holy Spirit. Interesting that in the Bible Jesus healed people of seizures… no record of Him giving them seizures.

Krispy

2012/1/25 14:45
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Slain in the Spirit is one of those things that I think pentecostals take to the extreme and the more fundamental crowd just throw it totally out the door.

This 'thing' Happened to me one time. I can assume it was 'slain in the Spirit'. What happened with me is I went up for prayer as it was Father's day. I went up for a release of the anger I had toward my dad. I stood there with my eyes closed and after a minute I fell back onto the floor. No one caught me and my eyes didn't even open up. I just laid there and gradually I began to weep. I was there for 30 minutes? I got up and I felt as if I had been through a car wash in my heart. The whole thing felt as a natural yet supernatural experience, if that makes sense? I got up and I felt released from my anger. It is really the only time I can say this 'thing' happened to me.

Now, my take on the whole thing, I don't necessarily have scripture to say it is of God or not of God. I treat it like I do the issue of Tongues. A person can have all of these experiences but if the person cannot love and forgive others than all of these experiences are nothing more than show and sounding brass.

2012/1/25 16:24Profile

Re:

We do not see Christians in the NT being slain in the Spirit, therefore it is something that is "extra-Biblical", or "outside of" scripture. By definition it is "unBiblical" simply because it is not in the Bible and there is zero scripture to support it without wrenching and twisting something completely out of context.

I would prefer to err on the conservative side and stick with what is spelled out for us in the Bible.

Krispy

2012/1/25 16:31

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy