SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Moving On!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Joyful_Heart

Moving On!

Dear Ones,

I have sought the Lord and I have heard from Him. I have struggled with Him but I have total peace that I am hearing and obeying.

The time here has been for a season. The Lord has used SI in many ways for me and there are awesome people here as well. But there are seasons in our lives and my season of being on SI has come to an end.

I will miss posting what is so dear to my heart re: David Wilkerson's messages and the persecution daily's. At the end of each I have posted the link to their web pages where you can sign up and have them sent to your email. And if anyone feels led. Please post them here.

It is so important that in this day and age we live in that we have new wine. Fresh testimonies. Things the Holy Spirit can use to take us in a deeper faith, a deeper knowledge and understanding of who He is. A deeper love for Him. And make us stronger in this awesome day of the Lord we are all living in now. We need more than ever to be so close to Him in hearing and obeying.

For me, the Holy Spirit has used the persecuted Church for these purposes. I am forever grateful for His deep love for me, for us that He would take me to them. To sit at His feet and learn from them. All glory to God.

So, please take time and learn from their testimonies of great love, faith, devotion & strength. We will need it in us now for the future. It is more important now than anything.

Also, I would suggest Carter Conlon's message from Times Square Church on Sundays. You can join in their church service at 10 am EST. Or you can listen to his message later on their web page.

I have listened to him for a year and people. He has a message not just for NYC but for the Church in the West.

http://www.tscnyc.org/media_center.php?pg=sermons

Most of all. Take time every day to read His Word and pray. To be still with the Lord. That is where you will be taken to Jesus. No author can take us to Jesus like Jesus.

Also, Gospel for Asia has a web page with testimonies and prayer requests you can go to. They stream live on the first Friday of the month testimonies & prayer requests.

http://www.gfa

This year I learned a most valuable lesson. I got caught up in the hype. I went off somewhere where others were lifting up this person, this activity etc.. But when it was over I asked the Lord, where did I go wrong Lord? What Lord was my part? He said so quickly. "You didnt ask Me if I wanted you to go." My heart sank. I said, your so right Lord. I just assumed it was for me because of....but I did not ask You.
My lesson here from Him was no matter if it is a good place full of the Holy Ghost and people are getting set free and Salvation is everywhere - I am to ask the Lord if it is where He wants me at that time. So, if people are saying, Jesus is here and doing a mighty thing or over here etc. It does not mean I run to it - but to seek the Lord and not get caught up in what others are saying about it, but what do you want for me Lord. That is the most important thing in this world. Hearing and obeying Him.

I pray we all will draw so close to the Lord this year, that that will be our number one priory. Not to hear what others are saying but what are YOU saying my Lord for me. May God continue in His great love, mercy, grace and revelations of Himself to us. And may our obsessions, passions,longings, desires,love be for Him like never before. The more we get to know Him in the Word & stillness of our hearts the more we will fall in love with Him and the more the things and strongholds will depart. He will increase as we decrease.

Amen and all glory to God as we keep our eyes upon Jesus.

2012/1/4 11:57Profile

Re: Moving On!

Please delete opening post, except for your prayer for us at the end of it and all your right-on encouraging words, Oh Sis, Please.

I know what you're going through - been there Many times. I can't expect you to understand, but love can do funny things. When you see disagreements and have disagreements, you'd rather run than get involved. And if you do get involved your heart hurts like nothing else, to have disagreements with His Children. I've run or actually intentionally caused myself to be run-out so that I wouldn't be in that position ever again.
I know you love His Body more than words can tell as well and that's why you keep going through this, just as I have.

Take a break again - it works - and then find [or stay in] your ministry to His Body and stay strong in it. That was the end result of my recent sabbatical here when I sought "counsel". Some of us are arms or legs or armpits or even a less-comely part [like me] - yet together we make a His Body and we're all needed.
Your posts have done more for me of late than I could tell.
I'd miss them more than you realize. The persecuted Church and suffering nations should be a Number One priority on our minds and I looked forward everyday I get online to find those posts you leave.
And your others as well.

If you could just take a while to think about it ...

Bless you, Sister, by His Word and His Spirit - Until Glory, Amen.

2012/1/4 12:15
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

I agree with JiG!

I have been thinking about our "previous" times together and had been wondering about trying that again...

2012/1/4 12:22Profile
MaryJane

joyful_heart shared
My lesson here from Him was no matter if it is a good place full of the Holy Ghost and people are getting set free and Salvation is everywhere - I am to ask the Lord if it is where He wants me at that time. So, if people are saying, Jesus is here and doing a mighty thing or over here etc. It does not mean I run to it - but to seek the Lord and not get caught up in what others are saying about it, but what do you want for me Lord. That is the most important thing in this world. Hearing and obeying Him.

I will miss your posts but I totally understand and agree with what you shared here. You are so right when you say the most important thing is to hear and obey Him. God has seasons for us and we need to be open to hearing from Him and acting on what He shows us. I think what you shared here has taken great faith and courage to walk away from something you love doing in order to seek and obey the Lord. My prayers will be that He guides you to where He has for you.

God Bless
mary

2012/1/4 13:14Profile
live4jc

Re:

Sister JiG, I believe you were missed by people here on Sermon index when you had left for a while, but am glad that you came back. Your postings are a blessing to many I'm sure, as are sister Joyful Heart's. However, without a doubt there are times when God takes us away from certain things, and this is usually for the purpose of helping us to focus more on Him exclusively. Your reliance on God and faithfulness to Him in the midst of walking through the pain & potential for discouragement which undoubtedly come with having Lymes disease, speaks to me in my own health trials. I have a TMJ jaw joint condition which brings with it a fair amount of pain and discomfort...but also enables me to to look to the Lord as my source of joy and comfort, when I allow God to do this :)

Sister Joyful Heart, I believe your posts have brought joy to many, but have also caused us to get a better glimpse into what the overcoming life in Christ, is all about. This is something that people from North America or other affluent places, in the default, often know little of. Many Christians in poor countries, or those suffering persecution though, have experienced much they can teach us, through their example of 'clinging to Christ', in the midst of great suffering.

There's one thing I've been thinking about recently in relation to discussions that take place on discussion forums and why it is that sometimes (though certainly not always) they can lead to more conflict or disunity than they should.

There are likely many reasons for it, but I believe that sometimes what is going on has to do with the variety of different giftings that we've been given by God. Does the person with the gift of encouragment feel that the person with a prophetic gift is sometimes being too harsh? Likely so. Does the prophet sometimes feel the encourager is being too soft, and not upholding God's truth enough? Probably. So how do all of these people with such a variety of giftings get along? I believe that the Holy Spirit can enable us to see Christ in one another, despite the different operations of his Spirit that manifest within us. Each of these gifts has something valuable and essential to give to the body of Christ.

Ephesians 4:13 puts it this way :

"Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ.."

I thank God for all the people he's used on the web site, through teachings and what has been shared, to refine me, and make me more like Jesus. God is so faithful to complete that work in all of us. Glory to his name!

Love in Christ,
John

2012/1/4 13:24Profile
browny

Dear and beloved sis,

I am so sad to see you go away.
You are in my prayers.
Shalom,

browny

2012/1/4 14:21Profile

Re:

Dear Brother, I realized I didn't word my first post correctly in the first sentence and edited what I meant.

Quote:
There are likely many reasons for it, but I believe that sometimes what is going on has to do with the variety of different giftings that we've been given by God. Does the person with the gift of encouragment feel that the person with a prophetic gift is sometimes being too harsh? Likely so. Does the prophet sometimes feel the encourager is being too soft, and not upholding God's truth enough? Probably. So how do all of these people with such a variety of giftings get along? I believe that the Holy Spirit can enable us to see Christ in one another, despite the different operations of his Spirit that manifest within us. Each of these gifts has something valuable and essential to give to the body of Christ.

Ephesians 4:13 puts it this way :

"Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ.."

Absolute truth - beautifully expressed!
Pretty much every Epistle was written because of trouble in the churches - most especially doctrinal problems, besides the problems of recognizing His Body [each other] and sometimes sin. It was a never ending stuggle for the Apostles and the early Church and always was and will be until ..... I think until we see Him - according to Richard Wurmbrand.

Brother, after some thought, I do agree with you completely. I've gone totally offline several times now, at His direction to do so. Since being online in 2002, four times I've gone offline for a year or more each and other times for 6 months or less. I needed to be shut in as well, as Sister Joyful_Heart has encouraged us to do. Those were equally beautiful times alone with Him, as much as I love fellowship, so I do understand our Sister's thoughts and yours - but I'll still miss her posts :)

Bless you and thank you for your sound post, Brother!

2012/1/4 14:33
Jeremy221

It has been a blessing to have your posts on here.

Blessed are the Meek by Paul Washer

Quote:
Topic: Meekness
Scripture(s): Matthew 5:5, Psalm 37:1-11
Description: Paul Washer begins this exposition of Matthew 5:5 by explaining that ‘The Beatitudes’ (verses 3-11) do not just speak of what it is to live a blessed life, but they speak of conformity to the image of Christ, for they are a great description of Jesus Christ as he walked on this earth. Many preachers say little more about meekness than showing that is not weakness; but what does the word really mean? The true meaning of any word is defined not merely through a dictionary, but by studying the context of the passage(s) where it occurs; so, using the obvious parallels between Matthew 5:5 and Psalm 37:11, Mr Washer uses the context of Psalm 37:1-11 to define the word ‘meek’. He works through the verses one by one, revealing the character of the meek man: he does not fret, nor envy the wicked; he trusts in God and dwells in the land; he delights himself in the Lord, commits his way unto the Lord, rests in the Lord, and so on. “This is what it means to be meek”, says Mr Washer, “and it is one of our greatest needs today”. (31 minutes)

http://media.sermonindex.net/18/SID18533.mp3

The Lord blessed me greatly through this message. May the Lord bless you abundantly in quietness seeking His face. Peace be upon you.

2012/1/4 15:34Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

I praise God for your testimony of listening to His voice. It's what I need right now, it's what we all need right now. Listening doesn't seem to be very popular these days, even among many church goers it seems that noise, size and activity are promoted as what pleases God. But God says, "Be still and know that I am God." (Psalm 46:10). Our strength and safety lie in quietly listening to Him.

The Lord bless you dear sister.

Ron

2012/1/4 19:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy