SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : how do you deal with a suicide in the family

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
OnwardUpward

Re:

Pour out your heart to God.
Pray for her (and for yourself too).
Talk to her.
Sing to her. (may be songs like "If you from sin are longing to be free, look to the Lamb of God.")
And love her. Ah, that hurts. Again, pour out your heart to God.

..Thy mercy O Lord endureth forever; forsake not the works of Thine own hands. Ps 138:8

Praying for you brother.

2011/12/29 8:18Profile
mjmurdock

Re:

Thank you all for your prayers and kind hearts which truly represents the love of Christ. I'm sorry to say that she didn't make it after they took her off life support. I feel bad because the last time we actually spoke she mentioned that she had been doing some reading on religion or religions I guess, not sure but at the time it was a little encouraging. I didn't want to come off as being preachy or judgmental because she once told me that all I talk about is God. So when she mentioned that her friend and her were talking and thinking that this life is just one trial and that God gives us more lives until we get it right I didn't interject that it is appointed to us once to die, partly because I knew that she knew that was what I believe anyway. I also didn't say anything at that time cause I was just glad she was beginning to talk along those lines, that's when she had a call waiting from her husband and that was the last time we spoke. So now I feel bad and wonder if I could have done any differently. And now I have to go sometime this month to the funeral and I wonder what to say to others in the family when they ask.

2012/1/1 9:34Profile
mama27

Re:

Incomprehensible....any of us could be/could have been in the same situation. I had similar feelings decades ago when a friend died in a car accident at the age of 29.....I had been witnessing to him and didn't want to push too hard...then he died. A godly older woman who was a Bible study leader at the time comforted me by saying that God wouldn't have allowed his life to be taken without giving him every chance to repent....I still think about that to this day...Is it true? I don't know....To some degree I understand what you are feeling, though this was only a friend and not a sister...

Yes - there still remains a witness to be had at the funeral. Sadly, most funerals I have been to, talk about the person as of course "being in a better place"...it is sickening to listen to. May God grant you words, and divine appointments with any who may be ready to hear....and may He somehow comfort your heart as only He can...Praying for you....

2012/1/1 10:57Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy