SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Women Preachers are SINFUL!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

And I can testify to what Ginny is saying... because she has been not only an encouragement to me at times, but also very challenging to me too. She will tell me plainly sometimes when I am wrong, etc.

There is nothing wrong with that. We read of Priscilla and Aquilla encouraging Paul in his ministry.

Scipture is very clear tho about women not being pastors... and why.

Krispy

2011/9/22 11:18
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

If we females are alert to the needs about us, we will find so many opportunities to encourage, challenge, help that we would not have time to hanker after formal leadership of a mixed group.

In being able to render assistance it is imperative that we know the LORD intimately, that we know the scriptures well so we can handle whatever challenges are thrown our way. Just because we are not called to pastor a church does not mean we are to remain ignorant of God's WORD, or doctrine. Scripture is clear that we should seek the best gifts, namely that of prophesying. This we all need to do. When this is operational you will find lots of opportunities to exercise this gift. And it can get wearisome, and discouraging when you invest so much into this person and they spurn God's call. This is one reason why males are better qualified to lead a larger group because of their emotional stamina - females are too weak, we would break down too easily.

Regardless of your gender, let us work to fulfill Isaiah 61:1-3:

1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me,
Because the LORD has anointed me
To bring good news to the afflicted;
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to captives
And freedom to prisoners;

2 To proclaim the favorable year of the LORD
And the day of vengeance of our God;
To comfort all who mourn,

3 To grant those who mourn in Zion,
Giving them a garland instead of ashes,
The oil of gladness instead of mourning,
The mantle of praise instead of a spirit of fainting.
So they will be called oaks of righteousness,
The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified.

My opinion...

2011/9/22 12:23Profile
Leeza

Re:

Amen GinnyRose!

2011/9/22 14:09Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

"This is one reason why males are better qualified to lead a larger group because of their emotional stamina - females are too weak, we would break down too easily. "

Ginnyrose

This is an interesting comment you make here. How do you figure that females are emotionally weak vs males? I am just wondering.

2011/9/22 21:01Profile
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re: Women Preachers are SINFUL!

"Catherine Booth was an Avowed Feminist Rebel

One of the best worst examples of Christian Feministhood is Catherine Booth (wife of Salvation Army founder, William Booth). According to her biography, Catherine Booth was an avowed feminist. The Bible says, "For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft..." (1st Samuel 15:23). Feminism is a horrible sin! Catherine Booth objected to the idea that women are the "weaker sex," which according to the Holy Bible they are (1st Peter 3:7). Booth was a staunch feminist, who publicly criticized her husband, yoked together with unbelievers, and shamed the name of Christ. She was a disgrace to the name of Christ.

It was not until 1860 that Catherine first started to preach. One day in Gateshead Bethseda Chapel, a strange compulsion seized her and she felt she must rise and speak. Later she recalled how an inner voice taunted her: "You will look like a fool and have nothing to say". Catherine decided that this was the Devil's voice: "That's just the point," she retorted, "I have never yet been willing to be a fool for Christ. Now I will be one." It was the Devil's voice alright, that seized her and compelled her to rise and speak, because the Bible states... "But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence" (1st Timothy 2:12). Catherine Booth, and rebellious women preachers today like Melissa Scott, have twisted the Scriptures in an attempt to justify their rebellion. God calls men to preach, NOT women."

This seems like slander on the character of someone you have never met. She has done more to reach others with the gospel than you and me combined. 1800's feminism is nothing compared to the feminism of the 1970's to today. She did not advocate what feminists today advocate- lesbianism, homosexuality, women as head of households, etc. You need to get your facts straight.

How did she yoke together with unbelievers? At least she went to the "least of these." Most Christians today are too good to get their hands dirty for Christ. She wasn't ashamed to help a prostitute, drunkard, or gambler. She did what Jesus did. Is that wrong? Did not Jesus do that for us?
Is it wrong for her to stand up and speak for Christ? I don't recall her being a pastor. Was it wrong for Pricilla to labor with Aquilla? Was it wrong for Philip the evangelist's four daughters to prophesy (Acts 21:8-9)? I do not believe it is the woman's responsiblity to pastor, but in these cases they preached or prophesied.
Catherine Booth did follow I Cor. 11:5 and have her head covered. She did wear a Salvation Army bonnet. Paul would not have mentioned this if some women did not prophesy. We do notice in the Bible there were some exceptions to the rule; for the Bible does give some examples of women who did speak publicly for Christ.
Is it totally accurate to say God does not call women to preach when he called Philip's four daughters? Something to think about. Many an exception to the rule?

2011/9/22 21:08Profile

Re: Women preachers are sinfuk.

What about women who lead in the persecuted church. Often times the husband may be jailed or martyred and the wife has to lead the house church. Mainly because there are no mature males to lead.

In thep current issue of the VOM magazine Tom White writes about a young woman in Columbia who stepped forth to preach at the funeral of a young man who was killed by FARC guerrilas. The pastor was afraid to preach. She did.

Blaine

2011/9/22 22:52
berakot

Re:

What about female missionaries since they are bound to preach gospel, they are sinful,so should be called back home!
Many of female missionaries are singles because there are not enough men who are willing to go to that hard places with them and preach there.

2011/9/22 22:55Profile

Re:

To the last two questions... we already answered that.

We all agree there are situations where God will raise up women. If the men are all jailed He will raise up a woman to go forth. I dont think there is any question about that.

Where the men are spineless He will raise up a woman to the shame of the men.

But these are cases that should always be the exception and not the rule. And there really is no reason for this to happen here in the west, and especially in America. Women pastors in America are not in those positions because there are no men. Generally speaking they are in those positions because that is what THEY aspired to... in direct disobedience to God.

I know 3 women pastors personally (related to one of them). All have a very rebellious spirit, all are extremely liberal in their theology and politics, all are pro-gay marriage, and 2 of the 3 are pro-abortion.

But these exceptions in different places around the world do not give a reason for people to ignore the Word of God where that is not the case. But lately I've noticed a trend here on SI where people are looking for any way possible NOT to obey the clear teaching of the Word of God.

"How far can we stray from the Bible and still be Christians" seems to be the popular uncurrent of the SI forums lately.

How about this answer: NONE AT ALL! If we purpose to do something that is clearly spelled out as not allowed by scripture... we sin. Even if we dont purpose and we do so out of ignorance... we sin.

The Bible says what it says and we ignore it to our own ruin. If the Bible says it, do it. If it says dont do it, dont do it! Period.

It's really that simple. And in the case of women pastos the Bible is plain.

Krispy

2011/9/23 5:53
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
Krispy wrote:
We all agree there are situations where God will raise up women.

I ask this in all humbleness… You say that we “all” agree that there are exceptions but why are there exceptions? I ask this because logically speaking if it is disobedient for a woman to preach in America then logically it would have to be disobedient everywhere else in the world.

I'm not asking the following to be cantankerous (sp?) but... Is the Bible only true in America? (I do know the answer :) ) Is God not God of all the earth or only God of part of the earth?

I ask this b/c if God has exceptions say, in the Congo then there he must have exceptions in America. You can’t have your cake (it’s ok elsewhere b/c of exceptions) and eat it too (but no exceptions in America).

Would you please state (for the record) these exceptions that are in the Bible? I would personally like to know what we “all” are agreeing to scripturally. Thank you Krispy.

God bless you,
Lisa

2011/9/23 11:28Profile

Re:

Someone mentioned that in China there might be a house church where all the men are in jail... what then? Keep in mind NO examples were given, and this is purely hypothetical.

It's hard to deal in hypotheticals.

Suppose that were the case tho. Well, there is no forbidding of women to teach women... after all, all the men are in jail, correct?

In the OT it states in one passage that "women shall have rule over them". This is not meant as a good thing, but as a sign of God's judgement upon them (the men).

Can women be missionaries on their own to set up churches and preach? Well, if the men wont go, then I think God does use women in those cases. Bear this in mind tho concerning missionaries... Paul did NOT forbid or restrict women from evangelising! And that is the answer to the missionary question. The restrictions are on CHURCH LEADERSHIP... not evangelism such as missionary work.

Does this mean that God's Word doesnt go out? No... it does, but because it is God's Word, not because of the messenger.

I think we have to allow for certain situations in the world for God to use an available vessel to carry forth His Word. At the same time, He demands obedience to His Word.

Generally speaking tho... woman can not pastor a church, or be an elder, and should not teach or hold authority over men in the church. Period.

Krispy

2011/9/23 11:54

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy