SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Knowing God By Name

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Yodi

Escondido, California

Knowing God By Name

Okay, I'm [i]really[/i] excited right now! I went to my local Christian bookstore this evening looking for some Christmas presents for my parents and came across David Wilkerson's "Knowing God By Name". Do I have to give it to my dad? [laughs] Just kidding. I'll just snag it off his bookshelf when he's done with it. Just skimming the pages, it seems like a [i]really[/i] encouraging book!

What added to my excitement were the teachings on here from David Wilkerson that go along with this book: Jehovah Jireh, Jehovah Rohi, Jehovah Nissi, Jehovah Rophi, Jehovah Shalom, Jehovah Tsidkenu, and Jehovah Shammah! I'm burning them at this moment to add to my dad's Christmas present.

I just have to say, way to go Greg, putting such awesome, helpful, encouraging and Spirit lifting teachings on here! I'm sure my dad will be blessed!

2004/12/12 22:13Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Knowing God By Name

Quote:
I just have to say, way to go Greg, putting such awesome, helpful, encouraging and Spirit lifting teachings on here! I'm sure my dad will be blessed!

Thanks Yolanda... yea the ministry of David Wilkerson has really blessed my heart and I am so happy to share this with so many others. WOW thats a great idea for Christmas gifts, I am going to do a post telling people to use this idea for a Christmas gift. I got a PM (private message) from someone else who is copying a whole set of A.W. Tozer audio files for a Christmas gift to a person.

2004/12/12 22:29Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

Yep, I went to Office Depot today to buy some spiffy CD labels to make the burned sermons look all nice and pro!

I [i]just[/i] found out yesterday that David Wilkerson is the one that the movie "The Cross and the Switchblade" is about. I've seen that movie so many times growing up! I was excited to learn it was the same guy.

I am mostly blessed, I think, with how often David Wilkerson preaches from the burden that was put on his heart by the Holy Spirit, instead of just reciting from his notes. He is so open to be used by God [i]every[/i] time he preaches, and I think God has done just that!

2004/12/13 12:20Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I am mostly blessed, I think, with how often David Wilkerson preaches from the burden that was put on his heart by the Holy Spirit, instead of just reciting from his notes. He is so open to be used by God every time he preaches, and I think God has done just that!

Yes what is awesome is in his church, Times Square Church in New York city he has never preached the same sermon twice to my knoweldge. So everytime they try to hear from heaven for the people to give a fresh message from the Holy Spirit.

2004/12/13 13:14Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy