SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Hi everyone!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
moseh123

Hi everyone!

Hello,

My name is Moisés (Moses) and I’m from Brazil (and my English isn’t very good, sorry). I discovered this site when I was looking for Tozer’s files. I’m glad to found so many stuff about Tozer and others Godly mans who I love so much (Watchmann nee, Wilkerson, Andrew Murray, Wesley, Owen, Ravenhill). I would like to congrats you for this site.

I prefer to read the writings of those mans instead of the modern writings. In fact, I’m very sad with the contemporary churches. I don’t like the music, the entertainment. The modern music is very rhythmic-oriented and I find almost impossible to pray and to workship when these song are played. And I’m very young (27)! I miss those celestial music from the past you know, the old hymns. Today the churches are concerned about make “converts” instead of make disciples of Christ. And they are happy the way things are. But I’m not very happy.

Sorry, I’m talking to negative. I can’t find a person who think this way and I almost alone. If I talk to my pastor about my deceptions with the church maybe he will not agree…

What should I do? I sure you understand what I’m talking about. Since my conversion to Christ I’m reading those mans (Tozer, Nee, Wilkerson, Ravenhill and others) and maybe that is the reason because I’m not happy with the way the things are in the Church. But I’m glad to discovered people like you.

Please pray for me. Me and my family are in a very bad moment. Sometimes I have fear. In my early christians days I had a calling from God, but today...I don't know...

God Bless,

Moses

2004/12/1 8:39Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Hi everyone!

Hello Moisés,

Welcome to SI, there is plenty of spiritual bread here from some great men and women of God. We look forward to enjoying your fellowship on this forum as well.

We here in the USA can relate to your experience with contemporary churches in regards to worship and the emphasis on making 'decisions' instead of 'disciples'. Much brokenness and prayer is needed.

We will join you in prayer for your family and your fears.

[i]Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that [pertain] unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make [you that ye shall] neither [be] barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins. Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:[/i](2 Peter 1:2-10)

In Christ,

Ron

2004/12/1 11:12Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I prefer to read the writings of those mans instead of the modern writings. In fact, I’m very sad with the contemporary churches. I don’t like the music, the entertainment. The modern music is very rhythmic-oriented and I find almost impossible to pray and to workship when these song are played. And I’m very young (27)!

Im 25! Brother I fully agree with your comments and observations of the church. I am glad you found this site and I know it will be an encoruagement and blessing to you as you seek more of Christ.

2004/12/1 11:17Profile
Spitfire

Hi Moses. Welcome to SI. Many of us here feel the way you do about the church as an institution. I've come to separate the institution from the Body of Christ, which is the true church. I'm saddened that you and your family are afraid. Fear not, dear friend. God is with you and he is leading you by his spirit.
You said,

Quote:
What should I do?

Press in to know God, to agree with him in all things. This is the Secret Place. Psalms 91 says, "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty." Psalms 25:14 says, "The secret of the Lord is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant." Those who fear the Lord always agree with his words. They are people who understand that "...I am God, and there is none like me" Isaiah 46:9. They are people who know and have heard Isaiah 40:28-31, "...that the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall; But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."
So, in answer to the question,
Quote:
What should I do?

Just keep humbling yourself, Brother. Fear the Lord, humble yourself, and he will lift you up. Yours, in Christ, Dian.

2004/12/1 18:36Profile

Quote:
I prefer to read the writings of those mans instead of the modern writings. In fact, I’m very sad with the contemporary churches. I don’t like the music, the entertainment. The modern music is very rhythmic-oriented and I find almost impossible to pray and to workship when these song are played. And I’m very young (27)! I miss those celestial music from the past you know, the old hymns. Today the churches are concerned about make “converts” instead of make disciples of Christ. And they are happy the way things are. But I’m not very happy.

Thats me too!!! Im also the same age as yourself and until recently (coming across this website at least) i thought i was the only one my age to feel the way i did. So praise God!

Quote:
Please pray for me. Me and my family are in a very bad moment. Sometimes I have fear. In my early christians days I had a calling from God, but today...I don't know...

You and your family will be in my prayers and on my heart.
God bless you Moses
in his love Geraldine

2004/12/2 6:45
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Hi Moses,

A warm welcome to you brother. So glad you found the site, may it be a true encouargement to you.

Quote:
In my early christians days I had a calling from God, but today...I don't know...

[i]Joh 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me.[/i]

[i] Mat 6:33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.[/i]

My prayers are with you also brother.

2004/12/2 8:28Profile
moseh123

Re:

Thank you Brothers and sister for your words and prayers!

Geraldine, I’m glad you feel this way. I think we have the same tough. In the beginning of my Christian life I read “The Pursuit of God”, by Tozer and that was very important to my life, by all means. I think it was God who sends me to Tozer. God always teaches me so much with his writings and he was a man who did not accept certain things in the church but I think the fundament of this spirit is the desire for the presence of God and for the God’s thru. I think if you love something or someone you will fight to for it and cry for it sometimes. And I love the Church of Christ. I like to think about the church as the living expression of Jesus and definitely that is nothing about worldly things or multimedia. There is no way to mix Jesus and entertainment to won the mass or something like that.

Dian, your words are very important. You are right. Sometimes my desire is to talk to other people about some problems in Church to make difference but God is not asking me to do something like that. And to do the God’s will is the most important thing, the church (institution) is secondary.

Anyway, I’m always making silence about my thoughts. Like Geraldine says, it is hard to find people who thinks like that in my age (here where I live, not at sermonindex!) but I will wait in God.

Thanks again, God Bless you all

Moses.

2004/12/2 11:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy