SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : "Deeper Experiences of Famous Christians"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Quote:
She tends to confuse Creator and creature, because she errantly seeks Christ not in God’s Word but in the self.

Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles;WHICH IS CHRIST **IN YOU** THE HOPE OF GLORY

Quote:
Madame Guyon's mysticism is described as “the immediate feeling of the unity of the self with God.

1Jn 3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

2011/5/6 12:03Profile

Re:

StarofGod,

It's clear you have not read her books. The preponderance of the total of her writings suggest strongly, much differently than what you are proposing.

Peace,
A777

2011/5/6 12:04

Heros, kings and kingdoms, and THE KING'S SPEECH.

A777 said: "We do have a tendency to "heroize" men and go beyond the Word. I think many have found the Word boring today and are seeking experiences and emotional rapture.

We have a tendency to want to live vicariously through dead people's experiences with God rather than experience the Lord, Himself and I don't mean emotionally."

"We even do this with those that are alive."...A777....

I might say "especially" with those who are alive. There are many that desire a king, and many kings who glory in their congregations as their kingdoms. They seek those who would heroize themselves, submit to them, and honor them.

It is the nature of the "Clergy/Laity, and THE Pastorate...and the true meaning of the "Nicolaitains"...."Kings over my people.." [ which Jesus hates...both deeds and this doctrine..]

Saying that, as the voracious reader you appear to be A777, we both know the blessing and inspiration we have received from devouring some of these Saints who gave all for their master...and fought through all the way.

I'm glad they were recorded...and above all...that the Bible, as you say, was recorded in it's purity. Many gave their lives to see that through too.

2011/5/6 13:36
LoveGodsWay2

Ohio, USA

Re: "Deeper Experiences of Famous Christians"

I have this book. Very inspiring testimonies for saints of the past. Good read.

2011/5/6 13:51Profile

Re: Heros, kings and kingdoms, and THE KING'S SPEECH.

Quote:
Saying that, as the voracious reader you appear to be A777, we both know the blessing and inspiration we have received from devouring some of these Saints who gave all for their master...and fought through all the way.

Point well taken, Tom.

I have been blessed by many testimonies that Glorify Jesus Christ and not men. And learning about Church History has given me an understanding as to why the Church is in such a predicament as it is, today. All foreordained of God, I am sure, to test our love and affection for Him.

A777

2011/5/6 14:08

Re:

Yes, LoveGodsWay2, I have heard others say, except for Guyon the testimonies are wonderful.

2011/5/6 14:09
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Quote:
except for Guyon the testimonies are wonderful.

I hope you will say that to her in Heaven, brother! :)

2011/5/6 14:10Profile

Re: "Deeper Experiences of Famous Christians"

Could I ask which Bible would Mme Guyon have possessed?

It seems she was indeed led astray by the misquoting of scripture to her, but I don't believe she would have had either Erasmus' corrected Vulgate, or Calvin or Tyndale.

Now I know more about her story, I see why the hymn which has passed into Protestant hymnbooks - All scenes alike, engaging prove - tie in with Quietism.

Thanks for drawing attention to this.

2011/5/6 14:10

Re:

Dear StarofGod,

Of course I cannot judge her salvation, but when I do a taste test of the water she is handing out, it doesn't taste good. Nothing like the water that the Lord gives.

When we mix the Lord's water with anything else, it causes indigestion and sometimes is poisonous.

Amen AtG.

Kindly,
A777

2011/5/6 14:15

"heroize"...Or use as a template

the human vessels of God's Love and Mercy are David Brainerd, Count Zinzendorff and Dietrich Bonhoeffer....oh yeh, and i happen to be quite fond of King David.....they are templates for me on this walk with God, as well as the Earthly Ministry of Jesus, which is the Foundation.

i got to keep this Faith simple, otherwise i crash and burn.

2011/5/6 15:56

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy