SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Great Deception

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
mama27

Re:

Praise the Lord! This site is such a blessing to me as well. There is famine everywhere.....Stand firm....

2011/4/19 8:10Profile
Josef83

Sweden

Re: Great Deception

Both borther Zac and Brother Driscoll are good preachers.
But I find many who study their bibles alot.
many of my friends know the bible inside out.
maybe depends on what church or circles people visit.

2011/4/19 8:48Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Great Deception

Quote:
learjet wrote:
A friend of mine is now engaged to be married and I noticed the guy that she is engaged to is a fan of Mark Driscoll and it's very troubling to me. Please pray for her.

It seems in these times here in the US that there is a huge lack of biblical knowledge, people don't read the Word anymore, instead they rely on their pastor, their brother (everyone but themselves) to do the work for them. The problem with this is 'when the blind lead the blind, they both end up in the ditch'.

Jesus said that 'My sheep know My voice and another voice they will not follow' how can we know the voice of the Lord if we do not do our due diligence and read the Word? Any voice that told us anything could be 'the lord' to us if we don't have a standard to hold that voice accountable to.

Yes, there definitely is deception in this land. But this response is not to you learjet but to all of us Christians that read this!

I am starting to believe that the lost key to calling down God in our family and friends lives is fasting for them. But do we fast anymore for anyone (besides ourselves)? I haven’t been but I’ve been convicted to start. I’ve also been wondering lately if we can be held accountable for not going above and beyond the call of duty (i.e. fasting), for our friends and loved ones. (doing due diligence for them)… “lift up the hands the hang down…Strengthen the weak hands, and confirm the feeble knees.”

We forget that Jesus never mentioned the guy’s faith that his friends tore up the roof in order to lower him down in front of Jesus; no, Jesus spoke of the “friends” faith!! So love does indeed cover a multitude of sin….

Just thinking my two cents worth!
God bless,
Lisa

2011/4/19 10:27Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Hi Lysa

Quote:
I am starting to believe that the lost key to calling down God in our family and friends lives is fasting for them

I pray alot but i havent fasted at all, but today while reading this post and your reply God said to me that he will open this up in my life. You are right i have always believed that revival starts with our self then those around us and fasting is a key issue in this. Very edifying posts :)

2011/4/22 0:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy