Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : ISRAEL INTERCESSORS INJUNCTION

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
RabbiEukel

Southwest Missouri

ISRAEL INTERCESSORS INJUNCTION

Scriptures instruct, inspire and inform us to pray for shalom in Yerushalayim; may those who love you prosper (Tehillim 122:6). Rav Sha'ul wrote to the Believers in Rome, "Brothers, my heart's deepest desire and my prayer to GOD for Isra'el is for their salvation." (10:1) Early each morning after we have completed reading the balanced meal from Scriptures, my wife and I get down on our knees together and intercede. A part of our intercessation is for the leaders in Israel to have a Dammesk dialogue like Rav Sha'ul, whereby they are blinded to traditions that prevent them from seeing Moshiach, YESHUA, GOD's Only and Uniquely begotten Son. We intercede that GOD's Heavenly Hand would be the barrier wall that stops the darts of fire of the wicked one from murdering Israel's children, young people and elders, cutting them off from the opportunity to hear and respond to the message of GOD's redemptive completion for them. We invite you to respond to this INJUNCTION to INTERCEDE for ISRAEL. Post your prayers, here. How good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell together in unity ... for it is there The LORD's blessings are forever. Tehillim 133. Love and Prayers, Rabbi Eukel.

2004/11/21 15:20Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: ISRAEL INTERCESSORS INJUNCTION

Brother, relating to [i]how[/i] we should pray, I wonder if you would offer your opinion on some of the following notes that I wrote down from an Art Katz sermon i listened to concerning praying for the peace of Jerusalem;

[i]"To pray for the peace of Jerusalem is to welcome God's last days dealing with the nation so that the true peace(Jesus)can really come. This type of prayer is true not only for the nation Israel but for ourselves individually. God bring us real peace, destroy all false peace. A tearing down always proceeds a resurrection. We must be a people of the resurrection, praying resurrection prayers. The only prayers that are heard are those spoken on resurrection ground.

To pray for the peace of Jerusalem is to pray for the death and subsequent resurrection of present day Israel. God is calling us to this kind of prayer, both for Israel and the Church. To pray for their judgment is to pray for our judgment. We(Church) are inextricably united with Israel, we are the Israel of Zion.

Prayer is the measure of the truth of what and where we are in God.

Redemptive judgments of God are true love, and will bring true peace. We must not be afraid of them for ourselves or for Israel. We must be willing to accept hard truths.

The invitation to pray is an invitation to set in motion the redemptive judgments of God that will enable us to be delivered unto His purpose."[/i]

In Christ,

Ron

2004/11/21 16:15Profile
RabbiEukel

Southwest Missouri

ISRAEL INTERCESSORS INJUNCTION

Shalom, Ron ... You are asking a rabbi to comment on your notes - which you say are from a Jewish missionary-evangelist-revivalist Art Katz. Ron, if you would be so kind as to provide the original source - the sermon you listened to from my fellow Jewish Believer, Art Katz. You may have captured his words, but I certainly need to hear them for myself. Following that opportunity, I would be glad to offer Scriptural insight as a Messianic Rabbi on "how" we should pray for the peace of Y'rushalayim. Love and Prayers, Rabbi DF Eukel

2004/11/21 20:45Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!

Quote:
Following that opportunity, I would be glad to offer Scriptural insight as a Messianic Rabbi on "how" we should pray for the peace of Y'rushalayim. Love and Prayers, Rabbi DF Eukel

I have a few questions in ignorance dear brother, you are IN Christ I presumme? and you know that God has made the two (gentile and jews) one! Why still carry the title of Rabbi? is it an spiritual equivalent to pastor in the New Testament or Teacher? Also yes there are jewish believers but we are ingrafted into the promise of God? right? your use of "Messianic Rabbi" just has me puzzled, I am sure your explaination will help me and others understand.

2004/11/21 20:53Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
your use of "Messianic Rabbi" just has me puzzled, I am sure your explaination will help me and others understand.

In the light of [b]But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. [/b] (Mat 23:8 KJV) I would be interested too.

2004/11/21 21:02Profile
RabbiEukel

Southwest Missouri

ISRAEL INTERCERSSORS INJUNCTION

Shalom, Greg and Ron ... It appears that the gulf of understanding is wide. I am surprised. So let me begin at ... well, the beginning. I am a Jew, I was born a Jew and I will die as a Jew. I have been a completed Jew over 47 years. By advanced education, training and s'mikah/ordination I have earned the title of doctor/teacher/rabbi. I am sure that each of you understand that the term "pastor" originates from the Latin/Greek meaning Father. So I am confused, that one might challenge the title "rabbi" but not also challenge the title "pastor" except for the lack of understanding of the purposeful divorce of the Jewish roots at the Nicean Council 325 A.D. Church anti-semitism, knowingly or unknowingly, continues today. Let us be very careful, Ron, when handling Scripture. You referenced Mattityahu 23:8-10. It is clear that a literalist approach to YESHUA's words here would be inappropriate. YESHUA is challenging the religious elite for their puffery and provides examples such as "rabbi" "father" and "leader." As Dr. David Sterns notes in his commentary, rightfully I believe, YESHUA is prohibiting Believers from accepting unearned honors, rather than outlawing three titles. A leader is to be humble, a servant.
Messianic Jews, Jews who have embraced the Jewish Messiah, YESHUA, work carefully to maintain our Jewish heritage while also working carefully to not let the assimilation pressures accomplish the extermination of GOD's Chosen People as distinctive from non-Jews. Greg, clearly, just as male and female remain distinct, slave and master are distinct, so then, it follows that Rav Sha'ul did not mean that goyim become Jews. The wild branch is grafted into the cultivated olive tree. By the way, when I quote Scripture I most often use the Complete Jewish Bible. King Jimmy is okay. Love and Prayers, Rabbi Eukel

2004/11/21 21:38Profile
RabbiEukel

Southwest Missouri

Shalom ... Scriptures instruct, inspire and inform us to pray for shalom in Yerushalayim; may those who love you prosper (Tehillim 122:6). Rav Sha'ul wrote to the Believers in Rome, "Brothers, my heart's deepest desire and my prayer to GOD for Isra'el is for their salvation." (10:1) Early each morning after we have completed reading the balanced meal from Scriptures, my wife and I get down on our knees together and intercede. A part of our intercessation is for the leaders in Israel to have a Dammesk dialogue like Rav Sha'ul, whereby they are blinded to traditions that prevent them from seeing Moshiach, YESHUA, GOD's Only and Uniquely begotten Son. We intercede that GOD's Heavenly Hand would be the barrier wall that stops the darts of fire of the wicked one from murdering Israel's children, young people and elders, cutting them off from the opportunity to hear and respond to the message of GOD's redemptive completion for them. We invite you to respond to this INJUNCTION to INTERCEDE for ISRAEL. Post your prayers, here. How good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell together in unity ... for it is there The LORD's blessings are forever. Tehillim 133. Love and Prayers, Rabbi Eukel

2004/11/21 21:51Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Quote:
Ron, if you would be so kind as to provide the original source - the sermon you listened to from my fellow Jewish Believer, Art Katz. You may have captured his words, but I certainly need to hear them for myself.

Yes, please forgive me, I should have provided the links to Mr. Katz's message.

Here are the links to this message which can be downloaded from this site in two parts.

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=3311]Praying the Peace of Jerusalem Part1[/url]

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=3312]Praying the Peace of Jerusalem Part2[/url]

In Christ,

Ron

2004/11/21 22:24Profile

Re: ISRAEL INTERCERSSORS INJUNCTION

eeeeeeeeeekkk!!

Dear Rabbi,
why use the word "goyim"?.....that word is so ugly.

2004/11/22 1:40
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: ISRAEL INTERCERSSORS INJUNCTION

Quote:
I am sure that each of you understand that the term "pastor" originates from the Latin/Greek meaning Father.

Dr Eukel
The word pastor originates from the Latin for shepherd not father. (pastor=shepherd, pater=father) I don't personally approve of Christians using any such titles. I think Dr David Sterns is wrong in his assumption.

Quote:
Messianic Jews, Jews who have embraced the Jewish Messiah

Does 'embraced the Messiah' mean they have repented, turned to Christ and received His Spirit? I don't understand whether you are claiming to be a Christian Jew or a Jewish Christian. The difference is vital. In each case the bottom line is the final word. The first word is an adjective. The Bible never uses the word Christian as an adjective. So, in the final analysis, are you claiming to be a Jew or a Christian?

2004/11/22 3:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy