SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : New Book Released: A Queer Thing Happened to America: And What a Long, Strange Trip It's Been

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 New Book Released: A Queer Thing Happened to America: And What a Long, Strange Trip It's Been

Saints,

Do share this book with others, it is important to get out there in america.

---

Product Description

Forty years ago, most Americans said they didn't know anyone who was homosexual and claimed to know little or nothing about homosexuality. Today, there's hardly a sitcom without a prominent gay character, movies like Milk and Brokeback Mountain have won Oscars, and even People magazine celebrated the marriage of Ellen Degeneres and Portia DeRossi. A Queer Thing Happened to America chronicles the amazing transformation of America over the last forty years, and addresses the question head-on: Is there really a gay agenda, or is it a fiction of the religious right? Written in a lively and compelling style, but backed with massive research and extensive interaction with the GLBT community, this forthright and yet compassionate book looks at the extraordinary impact gay activism has had on American society. This could easily be the most controversial book of the decade. Read it and find out why the publishing world was afraid to touch it.

About the Author

Dr. Michael L. Brown is the director of the Coalition of Conscience and serves as a professor at a number of leading seminaries, holding a Ph.D. in Near Eastern languages and literatures from New York University. He is the author of twenty books and numerous scholarly articles, and he serves as the host of The Line of Fire, a nationally syndicated, daily, talk radio broadcast. He has spoken throughout America and in twenty-five nations and has made numerous TV and radio appearances, while his work has been featured in the Washington Post, the Charlotte Observer, and the Baltimore Sun. For the last six years, he has been in extensive interaction with the gay and lesbian community, reaching out to the people with compassion while at the same time standing against the goals of gay activism. For this he has been branded a Hitler and jihadist, while others have called him a religious conservative with a heart.

A Queer Thing Happened to America: And What a Long, Strange Trip It's Been
http://www.amazon.com/Queer-Thing-Happened-America-Strange/dp/0615406092/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1300379744&sr=8-1

2011/3/21 16:46Profile
PassinThru

Re: New Book Released: A Queer Thing Happened to America: And What a Long, Strange Tr

Sermonindex, can you share your views on the book? Have you read it?

2011/3/21 19:00Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I have not read it but I believe we cannot ignore this issue. Homosexuality is the clear sign of Romans 1 that God has given a society and church over to its own lusts. This is a judgment from God.

We need repentance in the Church.

2011/3/21 19:02Profile

Re:

I will add that Michael Brown is an excellent defender of the faith! His radio show is excellent as well as his other books.

Go to his website and check out his ministry.

God bless

2011/3/21 19:11
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: New Book Released: A Queer Thing Happened to America: And What a Long, Strange Tr

Quote:
Forty years ago, most Americans said they didn't know anyone who was homosexual and claimed to know little or nothing about homosexuality

Back then this type of behaviors were only mentioned in 'whispers', not in the presence of children.

Things are so bad I cannot imagine anything getting worse unless it is legalizing rape of all kinds...

I do not blame God for getting angry as this perversion. Do you?

2011/3/21 20:24Profile
Elowel

Re:

Quote:
I do not blame God for getting angry as this perversion. Do you?

It is the sheer mercy of God that He does not open up the gates of Hell right underneath the United States of America, and we're just asking for Him to destroy us. Each moment that passes by as God's wrath tarries is unspeakable mercy beyond description.

I will check out M. Brown's Line of Fire radio, and this book.

2011/3/22 10:17Profile

ANTI-CHRIST

The "Liberal/Marxist" agenda espoused and embodied in the new radical left...IE:...PARTICULARLY The Democratic Party leadership, has been at it a while.

The idea of these radicals is a piece-meal strategy...nibble here a little; there a little...until the whole Ham is devoured.

It is centered around Secular Humanism, which is a religion in itself. God is a non-existent entity; a concept. People have evolved from the great primordial soup as Amoebas...then swimming worms, that grew feet...then to the lizards and then to the primates.

If this is then true...then there is no right or wrong; there is no Morality...and the only good and evil that really exist, is that mankind, that superior animal... prosper on this small rock where he grew, Mother Earth.

So marriage, and thereby sexuality gets thrown into the mix, acknowledging that of course we are sexual beings. Without right and wrong, then we are all born the way we are; of course...if you are fortunate enough to get born.

Those unwanted little worms...those "fetus's"...ended up in the waste can....just little waste jellies, you know...And what about the Dolphins? Who ever heard about a queer Dolphin? They just are...and are our family...just like Mother earth teaches us....with the trees, and the snail darters....we are one harmonious family. Go Green girl!

This is not the first go-round with this spirit. I believe that the old world was infected somewhere along the line....infected by Satan, and his agents, and what we see today, right here in America, was expanding..and unless God intervened..would have devoured even the very last Godly family.....Noah's.

Again, she began to evolve on the plains of Sodom....but it wasn't' time. God intervened....But now, sadly...it is time. God is allowing this..for His harvest.

Obama's mentor in Chicago was a ideologue named Saul Alinsky. who championed "progressive" Marxism. I have read his dedication in this book. This man was a secular humanist who didn't believe in a living God but strangely, it is dedicated to a creature that God made; "the first revolutionary; rebel. Lucifer."

This doctrine is now taught to our children as the gospel truth in remote public schools across the plains of America. It is satanic, Godless, and simply put; ANTI-CHRIST.

2011/3/22 10:53
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: ANTI-CHRIST

Quote:
I have read his dedication in this book. This man was a secular humanist who didn't believe in a living God but strangely, it is dedicated to a creature that God made; "the first revolutionary; rebel. Lucifer."

Tom, did I understand this correctly - that a book was dedicated to Lucifer? A book written by Obama's mentor?

2011/3/22 11:06Profile

Re:

"Tom, did I understand this correctly - that a book was dedicated to Lucifer? A book written by Obama's mentor?"...ginnyrose

"Rules for Radicals" is the title of the book, A Practical Primer for Realistic Radicals, by Saul Alinsky.

He’s no longer alive, but his work lives on.
Here is Saul Alinsky’s dedication to his own book:

“Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology, and history (and who is to know where mythology leaves off and history begins — or which is which),

the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom — Lucifer "

.....[source...sweetnessandlight.com]................
BT.
At least Alinsky was upfront about it.

2011/3/22 11:39

Re:

Not surprising that the Luciferians will be coming out of the closet as well in these last days. We shouldn't be surprised by it - as the religion of the Elite is Theosophy and if you look far enough into it, they are openly luciferians.
It seems the High School kids of today know more about Satanism than the Church does.
The world will worship the dragon/serpent/satan that gives power unto the beast, in the not too distant future.
Time for us to be as wise as serpents and as harmless as doves.

2011/3/22 13:39

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy