SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Most helpful and exciting way of Studying the bible.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
staff

The Most helpful and exciting way of Studying the bible.

I hope this will help you the way it did me,It revolutionized my understanding of the bible and still does.To understand the bible you have to understand how the Jews who wrote it for the most part thought.Here is a Wikipedia definition of midrash.
-----------------------------------------------------

Midrash is a way of interpreting biblical stories that goes beyond simple distillation of religious, legal or moral teachings. It fills in many gaps left in the biblical narrative regarding events and personalities that are only hinted at.

Midrash (Hebrew: מדרש‎; plural midrashim, lit. "to investigated" or "study") is a homiletic method of biblical exegesis. The term also refers to the whole compilation of homiletic teachings on the Bible.

-------------------------------------------------------
Now here is a little midrash example that the lord showed me:
As Elisha was passing by some children mocked him and this was the recorded result.

2Ki 2:24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

I wondered why God detailed the amount of Children and under normal hermeneutics this means nothing but the lord showed me he was low lighting a pattern that would happen in the future. You have 2 bears that bring a judgement on the 42 like the two witnesses who bring judgement on the 42months.
Jewish hermenutics explains accounts and stories that seem to have no meaning and the lord can really help and excite your study time.
Here is a link to a sermon by Jacob Pracsh called Midrash on Sermon index
http://media.sermonindex.net/12/SID121037.mp3
Staff

P.s Midrash supports doctrine but does not create it as far as I can see.

2011/1/21 18:25Profile
urbanus

Re: The Most helpful and exciting way of Studying the bible.

Let's go ahead and direct people to this link, too.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=37148&forum=35&7

2011/1/23 20:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy