SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Predestination and Free will

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
PosterThread
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

Quote:
d:) The Ezekiel verse you quoted was also refering to Israel and not to humanity.

Now Ezekiel,

Eze 33:11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked TURN FROM his way and LIVE: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

The point I was making is: turning from sin and unto God is a way of life.

You do agree the wicked referred to in these verses is NOT saved, don’t you. He may be included in God’s people ( an Israelite according to the flesh), But he is not saved ( an Israelite according to the Spirit). In God’s economy, he is not a true Jew.

For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
7Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
8That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Rom 9: 7-8

I am using the principal of Application.

That “principal of application “takes a verse in it’s original context, then concludes a lesson that can be applied to any circumstance at any time.

The Reformers instead used the “principal of spiritualization” which lead them to their “replacement theology“, because they relied heavily on Luther who in turn relied heavily on Augustine who was a big time Allegorical interpreter of the Scripture.

For example: Luther in his Volume” The bondage of the will” used over 400 quotations from Augustine instead of using the Scripture as his point of reference.

2010/10/30 13:42Profile

Re:

2 Thes 2:13b God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: 14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel,

1 Cor 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

2 Cor 5:18 And all things [are] of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; 19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. 20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech [you] by us: we pray [you] in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

2010/11/4 8:05
cbi1moilola

Re:

Quote:
I find that the more i put my life into His hands, and tell others about Christ and the saving Gospel, the less time i have to think about theological thesis... But this subject is still very close to my heart; i've been born again for about 7 years now, but a while back, i almost gave up on seeking God because of it. I had been walking in sin for a few years, and couldn't get free... i was beginning to believe that man didn't have free will, and that God was just guiding everyone into heaven or hell, so that's why i couldn't get victory over sin: i was just a vessel of wrath... it almost destroyed my faith, lead me into more sin, until i realized that i did have a choice, and that choice was to either seek God, or continue to love my sin, and die in it... Praise God, i did choose to seek Him, and since then His grace has been effective in my life. Praise God!

I completely agree with this

2010/11/29 20:35Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

I see someone had found the thread.

2010/11/29 20:47Profile

Re:

Sometimes I wish this forum had emoticons, especially the one that shows the little smiley skeleton coming out of the grave. I think of that one every time I see old threads dug up. If only......

2010/11/29 22:35
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

Son of man, can these dry bones live?(:

2010/11/30 10:49Profile

Re:

. . . and Zeke answered, "LORD, (only) you know . . ." 8^)

Actualy many things said since the work 'hiatus' was exacted of me were what i had been waiting to say (until prompted). The Lord moves in mysterious ways (through you all). It floored me to see this thread arise today particularily (having just read through Romans again ... and the advice will be heeded, so 9 more times it is.

As for Is. 45, Ez. 18 and Jer. 18 . . . well there is far too much to even comment after that stint of study is complete. Much applies to this thread and much doesn't as well.

Because of naatmi's comments (thanks much BTW), in the research was found an interest in the Bible commentary by Matthew Poole, and greatly appreciate his straightforward most literal approach to the scriptures--which is quite contrary to his flowery speeched (and often inaccurate) contemporary Matthew Henry).

One comment only right now. . . and it's my mere opinion at that, so feel free to thrash these thoughts if they are not in conformity with God's Word. Correct me if you see error:

Free will is not free unless it is in serving Christ.

We think of 'will' as one solitary component in man, YET it's coinage has the flipside of perception.

How we percieve free-will in relation to predestination is based on how well we relate with God.

. . .to reiterate Rainman, "Does He know you?"

GOD BLESS US EVERYONE,

gregg

2010/11/30 20:19
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

Quote:
Free will is not free unless it is in serving Christ.

Depending on what you mean by free.

The will is free meaning able to make a choice in every man whether this man is saved or not.

But the will is under bondage to what it serves.

To give you an example: A man can be entangled in a love affair while he is married.
In one sense, his will or affection is in bondage to that person he is in love with.
In another sense, he has a choice to break free from that bondage and be faithful to his wife.
He can at least cry to God for deliverance until he obtains it. He can do certain things such as seek counsel or someone who holds him accountable.

That is why God holds man responsible for his actions.

In the story of the rich young ruler who came to Jesus asking how he may obtain eternal life we see that this man was in bandage to his money. That is where he found security and comfort.( you may say his will was not free in that sense)
But he made a moral choice that God will hold him accountable for when he refused to trust God for his provision which in turn would have given him freedom from his bondage to his riches.( in that sense his will was free because he had the choice to trust in God or his riches).
Faith is the victory that overcomes the world. Overcomes here means to give freedom from bondage to the world.

2010/11/30 21:00Profile
DesiJr

Re: The Saved and the Damned - According to Scripture

Matthew 13:10,37-39

10 The followers came to Jesus and asked, "Why do you use stories to teach the people?" 11 Jesus answered, "You have been chosen to know the secrets about the kingdom of heaven, but others cannot know these secrets.

37 Jesus answered, "The man who planted the good seed in the field is the Son of Man. 38 The field is the world, and the good seed are all of God's children who belong to the kingdom. The weeds are those people who belong to the Evil One. 39 And the enemy who planted the bad seed is the devil. The harvest time is the end of the age, and the workers who gather are God's angels.

2010/11/30 22:28Profile

Re:

Quote:
"You have been chosen to know the secrets about the kingdom of heaven, but others cannot know these secrets.

Notice after the word "chosen" He says "to know these secrets," and not, "from the beginning of time to receive eternal life and and not for the eternal damnation that God has chosen for others."

Any of the "unelect" today can also pick up a Bible and flip it open to Mathew 10 and "know these secrets."

Context.

2010/11/30 22:56

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy