SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : THE BIAS OF DEGENERATION by Oswald Chambers

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

by philologos on 2010/10/5 22:19:23

mkal on 2010/10/6 2:12:39
"Yes, what Phanetheus has said here, "It is only through identification with Jesus Christ's life, death, and ressurection life can we walk rightly," is truly the answer to living for God."

I don't think this is quite what OS is saying. Today's 'My Utmost' will make it clear. OS is talking about genuine regeneration. When we ARE dead to sin then we must reckon it to be so, but to reckon it to be so when we have not experienced it will produce a spiritual schizophrenia.

------------------------------------------------------------

Brother Ron,

Belief implies following God's prescribed way.
Identification with Jesus Christ is relating with God on His terms. This is the beginning and end of our relationship with God.

You keep on babbling about spiritual schitzophrenia, however the regenerate has three natures:

1. The nature of the flesh (being created human)
2. The nature of sin (being Adam's seed)
3. The nature of Christ Jesus (being regenerated)

. . . and don't go getting wordy trying to proclaim how you are no longer human and never sin either.

Entire sanctification is bunk!

Come to terms with full reality or go back to that never never land.

You and i butt heads whenever contradiction is seen.

Things could be related with you to exhaustion, and you would continue to ignore the contradictions believing --sometimes less than-- half the truth.

You keep on with your books opinions and i'll keep on shouting Bible.

It's the sweet sweet song of salvation that transforms us, and any other message is anathema (Gal. 1.8-9). In the meantime pray for me as i do you. It is only God's Holy Spirit that/who will break up the fallow ground in us.

Soi Deo Gloria!

How does one become a holiness preacher ignoring God's Law?

It's been fun. Are you enjoying the ride as well?

The emphasis is not to be what we are or are not.
The emphasis is Jesus Christ in us and lived outwardly.

(It's thought you might be reading things into what was writting from here. You have done that before many times. . . and i have failed to clarify things fully as well. Go figure.)

From a twinitarian
to a trinitarian:

Yur kotz
in the caritas
of Christ,
gregg

2010/10/6 5:16
MikeH

Re:

Mike quoted

Quote:
when I realize Jesus Christ came to deliver me from it, I refuse to let Him do so, from that moment I begin to get the seal of damnation.

RonB replied
Quote:
The implications are momentous! I have held this to be the truth of the matter for many years.

Momentous thoughts:
1) "When I realise" a)If I haven't heard, I cannot realise! b) If I have heard, have I realised if there is a veil over my heart? Am I damned in a) or in b) or both?
2) "I refuse to let Him do so" If I know the gospel and am not born again, do I receive the seal of damnation?

Kind regards
Mike

2010/10/6 6:03Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Phanetheus on 2010/10/6 7:16:30
"Entire sanctification is bunk!"

That statement is certainly 'bunk' but I won't be discussing the matter with you.

2010/10/7 9:06Profile

Re: THE BIAS OF DEGENERATION by Oswald Chambers

To MikeH,

The way I see what I think you're trying to get at, is from the point of view that God knows what we're going to think before we've thought it. He also knows the precise millisecond at which we 'get' the word which has been coming to us from Him (by whatever means He chooses - often a variety of routes, until we begin to notice a recurring theme and begin to pay more conscious attention).

It is that moment of 'hearing' which is critical to His assessment of our response. Do we, as faith is created by 'hearing the word of God', believe and receive it? Or do we choose to reject it?

Those who hear the invitation to believe for salvation, and understand it, and yet reject Christ consciously, holding that opinion until they die, do seem to fall under the conviction of

John 16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me'.

The Christian sitting under ministry which the Spirit is not enlivening to his understanding, (at that time), isn't, I don't think, what's being discussed here.

Any help?

2010/10/7 9:26

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy