SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What is the bible basically about?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

God is not content with scraps to be satisfied with 10 commandments or even a hundred or a thousand. However, the heart of the commandments from the very beginning was and is to love the Lord with the whole heart, soul, mind, and strength. The Pharasses obeyed the 10 commandments. They did not make graven images, commit adultery, murder, or violate the sabbath. But Jesus law says: if you hate your brother, you are a murderer.

God requires our all, just as Christ was nailed on the cross for us, so we also aught to carry our cross daily and follow Him. Just as He laid His life for us, so we also aught to lay our lives for the bretheren. That is obedience. Please read the sermon on the mount. If our righteousness does not exceed the righteousness of the pharasses and scribes, we will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. For God require and inner obedience, motivated by love. Christ can do that in us by the Holy Spirit.

2010/8/26 17:16Profile

Paul's Exhortations to Walk in the Spirit

Regarding the Law, let me share Romans 7:6 in two translations.

"But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in oldness of the letter." (NASB)

"But now we have been released from the law, for we died to it and are no longer captive to its power. Now we can serve God, not in the old way of obeying the letter of the law, but in the new way of living in the Spirit." (NLT)

Let me add to those Paul's exhortations to walk in the Spirit in Galatians 5:16, 25.

"But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh.

"If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit."
(NASB)

2010/9/1 1:10
jimp

Re: Paul's Exhortations to Walk in the Spirit

hi, if you cant answer this you need a teacher.... JESUS. into Jesus we are truly placed and we walk in obedience to His voice...His life...not mine.jimp

2010/9/1 1:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy