SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Crippled From Birth

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
carly49

Ontario

Crippled From Birth

My sister, Jackie was born with Spina Bifida, and has been parlyzed from the waist down since. She is 36 now.

Bible Quote:

And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth. And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him. I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work. (Joh 9:1-4

Even though, she has gone to church all her life, there are no "works" of God to be seen in her. All everyone sees in her is anger, sadness, bitterness, self-pity! I have prayed for her to be "healed in the name of Jesus" but nothing yet. There again it is not fair that she and many crippled people are not healed on this earth. The rest of us are no better than those people! They, too, deserve to walk, run, jump and dance!

Bible quote:

Mt 4:24
And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them.

If Jesus is the same today, yesterday and forever, then why are these people not healed?

2004/10/12 9:54Profile
mloaks

So. MD, USA

Re: Crippled From Birth

When the disciples asked our Lord who sinned, the cripple or his folks or ?, He answered that it's all for God's, and hence His, glory.

I am no better than you at understanding this completely, or for every situation, but your sister and you have just witnessed to me re His glory. I can tell how much you love her, and that y'all continue to call on Him even as she still suffers and at times is bitter.

My 21 year old nephew overdosed on heroin 3 years ago, and my Sister and I still fight the battle you describe. Stay strong, all will be revealed. At least y'all have your faith and wisdom as beleivers; Christopher Reeve just died after his long paralysis, and he does not have your power.

2004/10/12 11:08Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
If Jesus is the same today, yesterday and forever, then why are these people not healed?

Again I would recommend you spend the time to hear this audio message: [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=282]Ten Shekels and a Shirt by Paris Reidhead[/url]

Also I would recommend you follow along on the posts in this thread as brother Jerermy posts this book: [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3305&forum=35]Trophimus I Left Sick[/url]

2004/10/12 16:21Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

The authority of the disciples

Carly49

Your post moved me greatly. God is indeed the same yesterday, today and tomorrow…

If you study the bible diligently (and your posts give some evidence that you do) you will note that his servants through, belief in him, do the work of God on the earth. The Spirit of God does not move through the world doing works of healing on its own accord but God moves through those who have faith in him. The reason for this is debatable, and although I have my opinion on this, it may be a sidetrack from the question of the post. Consider the following verses:

Isaiah 55:11So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Hebrews 6:18 That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:

It is important to realize that the word of God is final, powerful and binding: not even God himself can go against what he has said.

Now consider these verses:

Luke 10:1-17 1 After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come. 2 Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest. 3 Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves. 4 Carry neither purse, nor scrip, nor shoes: and salute no man by the way. 5 And into whatsoever house ye enter, first say, Peace be to this house. 6 And if the son of peace be there, your peace shall rest upon it: if not, it shall turn to you again. 7 And in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give: for the labourer is worthy of his hire. Go not from house to house. 8 And into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you: 9 And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you. 10 But into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you not, go your ways out into the streets of the same, and say, 11 Even the very dust of your city, which cleaveth on us, we do wipe off against you: notwithstanding be ye sure of this, that the kingdom of God is come nigh unto you. 12 But I say unto you, that it shall be more tolerable in that day for Sodom, than for that city. 13 Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works had been done in Tyre and Sidon, which have been done in you, they had a great while ago repented, sitting in sackcloth and ashes. 14 But it shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the judgment, than for you. 15 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted to heaven, shalt be thrust down to hell. 16 He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me. 17 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.

The major significance of this is the fact that these 70 worked before they were endowed with the power of the Holy Ghost; they were working entirely by the power of the word of Jesus Christ, which is the word of God. (John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.)

Our Lord has given authority by his immutable to his disciple to do his work on the earth, whether we exercise or realize our authority is partly in our hands. Added to this there are those who are especially adept to exercise this authority- those who have the gift of healing. You will say to me, ”I thought we all should heal”…that is true, but there are others who are, by the reason and counsel of God’s will more suited to this kind of ministry. In the same token, we should all have some knowledge, some wisdom, and some teaching ability (which are gifts of the Spirit): but, there are those who are better suited for that.

Of course there is much more to it than that but these are the foundations of faith in the word of God…I feel myself sidetracking from the message so I will say this in conclusion. Prayer is our link to God and his authority through us. If we are in fellowship with him we will know how to exercise this authority according to his will.

James 5:16-16 16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

2004/10/12 17:51Profile
dohzman

Re: Crippled From Birth

Something to pray about in reguards to your sister.Do you feel a sense of conviction that the Lord is going to heal her?If so consider the healing from the Gospel of Mark 2:3-11 .It would seem to me that even though this man had people who were expressing geniune faith in Jesus that Jesus first had to do a work in the heart of this man.What work? Forgiveness.Before this man could recieve his healing he had to fully understand that God had forgiven him for sins [in the greek its a repeated or continious action]. Once he realized this forgiveness fully he recieved the physical healing.Your sister?No matter what -- if she can but hear that God has forgiven her and really loves her than no matter what she'll be whole and bear fruit and have God's favor on her life.God bless

2004/10/16 8:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy