SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Effective Tool?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

Effective Tool?

So I just thought I would ask your thoughts on the Sinner's Prayer if you think its an effective tool for leading someone to the Lord. and if you disagree how do you lead someone to the Lord without it? I am only asking because I have only been taught the Sinner's prayer way and have new convictions about it. Any input would be grateful.

God Bless,
Matthew

2010/3/6 19:04Profile

Re: Effective Tool?

Here is a selection from the [url=http://worldcouncilofcults.org/]Jesusist Manifesto[/url]

Evangelicals make the New Birth a central point of doctrine, but their entire system of evangelism and indoctrination is specifically calculated to prevent it from happening. They abstract the New Birth into a metaphysical fiction imparted to anyone who recites the Sinner's Prayer. Sinners are led to believe that if they "make a decision" to recite the Sinner's Prayer, they will be Born Again and Jesus will come into their hearts. So they recite the Sinner's Prayer, and nothing happens. They return from the altar looking like they have just been to the dentist. They are told that it does not matter if they feel any different; they are born again, because they recited the Sinner's Prayer. But they know that, in truth, they are unchanged, and they wander away disappointed, saying, "I tried Christianity, it didn't work for me." Or they remain in the church as "altar tramps," going forward and getting "saved" again and again and again...

The Billy Graham Association did a follow-up survey of 1000 of Dr. Graham's mass evangelism "converts," and found that after one year, just one percent were active in the church and "showing signs of regeneration." Dr. Graham sought to remedy this with a follow-up program which planted new converts in "sound Bible churches" with mentors and new believer classes. Another follow-up survey found that this discipleship program had no effect at all - still just one percent after one year. Countless other studies of evangelistic programs based on "decisional salvation" have found similarly dismal results. Why do evangelicals knowingly persist in a failed methodology? Because from the Spirit of Antichrist's point of view, it is not a failed methodology at all; it is a very successful methodology, in terms of debasing Christianity and sending seekers away empty-handed.

We learn from the parable of the sower that there is an interval between the planting and the harvest, and that the growth of the Word of God in the heart can be cut short before blossoming into saving faith. (Mark 4:3-20) Evangelicals have ruined the souls of millions by harvesting them prematurely.

There is a pre-natal phase to the New Birth. The Sinner's Prayer conversion ritual is no less insane than an obstetrician who immediately induces labor in every woman who walks into his office, regardless of the stage of pregnancy, and delivers ninety-nine percent stillborn babies.

The evangelical church is a spiritual abortion mill which industrially processes the Word of Life before it can mature unto salvation. Those who receive the Word of God with gladness (Mark 4:16) are mown down in mid-summer, harvested, mulched and used as fodder for the Evangelistic Money-Making Machine. Many who have been thus "harvested" will never again receive the Word. They have become "hardened soil." They have been rendered reprobate from Jesus Christ by the industry that claims to be the Church of Jesus Christ.

2010/3/6 19:37
MaryJane

Greetings Matthew

I know Paul Washer speak to this topic in some of his teachings. Personally I have several family member who will tell you they are saved because they repeated a prayer. There is no change in their hearts, life, attitude or actions. They still continue on in sin believing a lie that since they said a prayer and God is all about love and forgiveness they are going to heaven. They are not born again and they have no relationship with Christ Jesus. They have no understanding of their sinful state or that they need a savior. Sadly the only fruit I have seen in their lives is a false guarantee they hold onto that all is well when in fact it is not.

God bless
maryjane

2010/3/6 20:06Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Thanks so much for the input, these are very similar convictions I have recieved, I feel as if the Sinner's Prayer does more harm than good and shouldn't be used. I will admit that I have used the Sinner's Prayer in my past out of ignorance now I really want to help people find salvation through the New Birth but am still not sure how to do that since the Sinner's Prayer is all I know. How then do you lead someone to the Lord and into the New Birth. I now teach my youth group that its all about having a Loviny relationship with Christ Jesus, and a prayer by No means will save you.

(1% that are active in the Church is a Joke and utterly inexcusable I am thankful for your statistic they opened me up to how bad it really is)

God Bless,
Mattew

2010/3/6 20:15Profile
jlosinski

North Pole, Alaska

Re:

LoinGirder:
The preceding paragraphs are the most serious I've ever seen from the likes of you ;)

2010/3/6 21:24Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

I agree with loingirder here bigtime. The sinners prayer is found nowhere in the Bible ever. I do however believe that God does use it in spite of it, just like Paul Washer believes. I believe that the thing we have to get right first as a church is the spirit filled casting of the seed. I think Mathew, that a good place to start is to learn to evangelize in such a fashion that men thirst for what you have. Simply do not emphasize dragging a commitment out of anyone. Commit to planting and casting the seed, just as Jesus told you to do in the parable of the sower. I am willing to bet that if you are especially gifted as an evangelist, and you do not weary in well doing, and you truly love the people you are sharing the faith with, in the power of the Holy Spirit, demonstrating the power of God through your preaching...in due time you might just find someone say, "Mathew...what must I do to be saved?" Then just respond as simply as Paul did, but with all the confidence of heaven and its angels behind you, you can say..."believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved."

Emphasize the gospel, and believe what you are preaching powerfully, passionately, direly. Then cast that seed with all the strength your arm can muster. Christ...Christ...CHRIST alone will give the increase. He is the harvester of souls NOT US!!!

2010/3/6 22:48Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Thank you brother these were encouraging words, Lately I have been preaching living a life to bring Glory to Christ even if you go to hell at the end because Christ is worthy. This in a nutshell is how I have been preaching and presenting Christ, I say to the Youth group I pastor, If I believe the boogey man lives under my bed I will act accordingly ie have my wife look under the bed to make sure he isnt under there and be fearful. This is similar to believing in Christ if you really believe You will act according to the belief with Obedience and Repentance. If I truly believe Christ is the Son of God, My Saviour, My Lord, and My Judge I will work out my salvation with fear and trembling.

2010/3/6 23:11Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

i recommend this, here are some very good things [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=4335]helps in sould winning by Gerard du toit[/url]

2010/3/7 0:46Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Thanks I will listen to it when I have some extra time, when I was recently exposed to the full gospel I was torn between to worlds of saying the Sinner's Prayer or Not saying it then looking at the facts saw that the Sinner's Prayer was quite ineffective, Now I am kind of lost as to how to minister and lead someone to the Lord but finding that God has sucessfully lead me to lead people so that is far better than a formula.

2010/3/7 1:13Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: spiritual abortion mill

Quote:
loingirder wrote:
The evangelical church is a spiritual abortion mill which industrially processes the Word of Life before it can mature unto salvation.

Amen and amen!!

2010/3/7 1:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy