SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What's NOT wrong with the church?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
shadyg

What's NOT wrong with the church?

I've heard many messages describing all that's wrong with the church. Often we point out all the problems in the church.

So here's a question? What's RIGHT with the Church? Any thoughts?

2009/10/22 17:05Profile
Mattie

Re: What's NOT wrong with the church?

I guess it depends on which church you.

In Revelations 2 & 3, out of the 7 churches of Asia, only 2 did not receive rebukes. 5 of them did.

Nothing is new under the sun. The same problems exist today and are in need of correction.

2009/10/22 19:22Profile
shadyg

Re: What's NOT wrong with the church?

actually reading in Rev. is what got me to thinking about this topic. I'm not looking for a feel good message. I totally believe the church needs rebuking and correcting from God's word. The church needs to repent.

I was actually thinking that what's right it the word of God....and what's wrong is our interpretation of it.
But we get caught up in bashing the church…forgetting that we are the church …not realizing the problems that exist in it are a reflection of who we are as a body.

For example we pray for God to lead us and then we refuse to follow. We pray for revival and then we get on the verge of experiencing it and fail to respond in obedience.

So what’s right with the church?

“Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent. Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.” (Rev. 3:19-20, NIV)

God’s word is what’s right with the church, His love, His rebuke, His discipline. What’s wrong? As I see it it’s only one thing…disobedience to His commands.

2009/10/22 22:35Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, as i have said before; ilive in a town with many great churches, not just mine but many who preach the gospel with power.they all have made their mark in this town. they feed and minister to the poor, they care for the down and out,they have prison ministries, they give millions to missions and hundreds get saved every week. Jesus is the head of the church in baton rouge.jimp

2009/10/22 22:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy