SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : My brother

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

My brother

Greetings

I have not heard from or spoken to my younger brother in a little over five years. With all that has happened with my dad over the last few months, my thoughts have gone back to him. The last I heard from my brother he wrote me a really angry, profanity filled letter because I was attempting to share with my dad about the Lord. He told me then never to be in touch with him again, so I haven't been. I found out recently that he is filled with rage toward my dad now. He wrote my dad a letter telling him he did not care if he died and that he did not want to hear from him or have anything to do with him. My brother has always had a real issue with anger and has even had some violent out burst at times that have become physical. I will be honest that because of his past history and having heard from the two family members that he does still speak with that he is still very moody at times I have not tried to reach out to him since that email he sent me years ago. Even my mother said that she has to be really careful when talking to my younger brother because any little thing will set him off and he will go weeks and even months with out contacting her. My mom and I spoke on the phone the other day and she was very upset, crying about how none of her children were even able to talk to one another. I felt bad for her because I know she would like for me to be in touch with my brother but at this time I just don't know if that is what the Lord has for me or not? He has always been such a angry person. The real sad thing in all of this is my younger brother claims he is a christian.

Not sure what I am going to do? I am praying for him, but I am not sure how to handle this situation. Has anyone had to deal with this kind of issue?

God bless
Maryjane

2009/5/15 23:33Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: My brother

Dear MaryJane,

If it was just you, you would be free to do as you like BUT you have your children and husband to consider.

Your Mother was upset but also, asking you to do what she can not even do - talk with your younger brother.

I would pray for him and if Jesus puts it in your brother's heart to speak with you he knows where you are.

What does your Husband say about this? I would follow what he says more than what any of us may say.

You and your family are in my prayers,
white stone

2009/5/16 0:05Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

MaryJane,

I have no advice to give you except I would agree with white stone who said:

Quote:
What does your Husband say about this? I would follow what he says more than what any of us may say.

God bless you, my dear. You are faced with a terrible situation. My heart goes out to your mother as well. And your angry brother - it might be helpful for you to ask him why he is so angry. It is one thing for a child to get angry but an adult should grow up and act like a man. I would suppose someone must have offended him and he has never forgiven that person.

God bless you and will pray for all of you.

ginnyrose

2009/5/16 0:19Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings ginnyrose and white stone
I have talked with my husband and he feels it is my decision on what I want to do.Although he does feel I should not let my mom guilt me into doing anything that I do not feel led by the Lord to do. I should mention that my brother lives pretty far away from me so that if I were to have contact with him it would be via email. I know that this is a strange situation and that its not easy to offer input on the matter. I just want to be sure that I am not walking in a hard heart where he is concerned. I know that is something that I will just need to put to prayer and let the Lord show me what He has for me.

Thanks for letting me share this tonight, your prayers do help.

God Bless
maryjane

2009/5/16 1:20Profile
JoanM

Re:

[u]Quote[/u]: [i]"I just want to be sure that I am not walking in a hard heart where he is concerned. I know that is something that I will just need to put to prayer and let the Lord show me what He has for me."[/i]

Perfect dear Mary Jane, in every possible way.

God can work your brother's anger to good. In the most difficult of situations, I have learned to wait until He fills me with Divine Love. I have learned that often God shows us a thing long, long before the time he directs us and even sometimes shows us something that we have absolutely nothing to do about. Maybe because it is just for prayer or because it takes us so long to grow up into something or maybe He just shares His heart with us. I don't know but always pray and watch.

We can never go wrong with God examining our heart and settling every issue He reveals. Sometimes we can only "weep with those who weep" (your mother) and pray with them.

The life of Moses teaches many things about the sin of anger. How wonderful that God has put you in this family.

These are just some of my thoughts as I remember you before our Father this morning. I am so glad you post on SI.

2009/5/16 11:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy