SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Prayer Request, from Mexico

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
LinaUrban

Mexico

Prayer Request, from Mexico

Greetings all! As some of you know Josef and I are missionaries living in Mexico. And many of you know about the swine flu here, and the recent earthquake. We are safe, under the wing of the Almighty! We are in perfect peace! But the people here are not, they are in utter fear, people wearing masks, schools got shut down till May 6th. It's expected they don't know the Lord and fear death. We have been preaching on Mat.24:7-8 "For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these are the beginning of sorrows." And preaching about the second coming of Christ, and how we need to have true faith in Him to be saved. We preach at a rehab center and open air preach. Today at the rehab center there was a greater response, the men where much more attentive than usual, one man had tears falling from his face. We praise the Lord that He is using this to awaken people to their sleep! Before this flu scare became public, I remember Josef for 2 weeks was preaching in the streets telling people to "Awake, Awake thou that sleepest and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light."
Now this happens and it is definatly a wake up call to many here. Please pray that we would remain faithful to proclaim the Gospel here, and that the name of our Savior would be lifted on high and glorified! And that souls would get saved through this. Also for boldness, from our brethren here who are Mexican, who evanglize with us. One already called me that she is getting persecuted by her family for wanting to go out with us to preach, saying it's to dangerous and should stay home. But she is firm in wanting to use this oportunity to preach Christ to the lost who are perishing.

Thank you,

Lina Urban
www.puregospeltruth.com

2009/4/29 1:03Profile
HeartSong

Re: Prayer Request, from Mexico

I have been, and will continue to pray - for the both of you, and for the people of Mexico.

2009/4/29 1:09Profile

Praise the Lord! We are praying for you both.

2009/4/29 1:50
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

We are praying for you, your husband and this work of God in Mexico.

2009/4/29 20:12Profile
Nellie

Re:

May God Bless you and keep you safe, as you proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ, to the lost.
Nellie

2009/4/29 21:00Profile
run2win

USA

Praying for you.

2009/4/30 22:54Profile

Hello sister,

Tonight at our ladies prayer meeting the Lord brought you and your husband's ministry to mind and we prayed for you, especially for the Lord to use this swine flu to open doors of opportunity to share the Gospel with the people you have been ministering to. And now I read your post here. Praise God for what He is already doing. I will continue to pray for you as the Lord brings you to mind.

May God be with you and your family, dear sister.

~Joy

2009/4/30 23:42
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Yes sister. I will pray with you and your husband.

2009/5/1 0:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy