SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Revival of a dead church...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
BroRed

Alien in a land not my home.

Revival of a dead church...

I have been a part of a church that, though outwardly growing, is spiritual dead in its rituals and customs. Many have left for other churches that are more "into" ministry. I have prayed and prayed and prayed. I have spoken with the staff and other "elders." Yet to no avail.
Any ideas?
BroRed

2009/4/8 0:17Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Revival of a dead church...

Philippians 2v12, '...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.'

Why?

2 Corinthians 5v10, 'For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether bad or good.'

With those scriptures in mind, ask why it is that you continue in a church that grieves you?

If you have spoken to others, to no avail, then your best course of action is to continue to pray and seek God, rather than getting impatient and being outside of what God wants.

But, I do see your heart to see the church revived. It is needed, not just where you attend but everywhere.

That's our prayer. Revival, for God's glory.

God bless.

2009/4/8 5:46Profile

Re: Revival of a dead church...

Hi Bro-red

If you are indeed part of a dead denomination, then you must leave. In the Reformation, millions left the Catholic church. I am sure that it was difficult for them to do it, and in many cases, dangerous. Yet, if you have truly found life in Christ, then the cemetary is not the place to hang out. Leave the dead to tend the dead, if they are indeed dead, unless you hear direcly from God to the contrary..........Frank

2009/4/8 9:26

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy