SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : David Wilkerson A True Prophet of God

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

David Wilkerson A True Prophet of God

Quote:
But I've also read many of his prophecies and found that most of them never happened

You don't have to be a fan of David Wilkerson to know that the book called "The Vision" has many things that are currently taking place all around us. You can't deny their fulfillment.

He was right on the sequence of events with the economy and which nation would start the ball rolling. And this writing occurred back in 1973 during a recession. Then he said that there would be short fat flourishing years BEFORE the major recession would come which we are in now. In the 90's we had highs and lows in the stock market, but no major job losses, not like we are seeing today. That just chapter One.

I am going to type this out because I am tired of people harassing David saying that any of his prophecies haven't come to pass.

Chapter One: Economic Confusion

"There is worldwide economic confusion just ahead. In my vision, this is the clearest thing I have seen. Many praying people now share this very same vision.
Not only is the American Dollar headed for deep trouble, but so are all the other world currencies. I see total economic confusion striking Europe first and then affecting Japan, the United States, Canada, and all other nations shortly thereafter.
It is NOT really a depression I see coming-but a recession of such magnitude that it will affect the lifestyle of nearly every wage earner in America and around the world.
Countries that now control huge amounts of Western currencies are going to be in very deep trouble also. Arab countries will especially be hurt.
Without a doubt, there are lean years ahead full of monetary confusion and despair. How soon is not clear, but it is not far away. The world's greatest economists will be at a loss to explain the confusion, and an international crisis of fear will develop. A false economic boom will precede the recession-but it will be short lived.

A Few Good Years To Prepare:

In spite of all the danger signs around us warning of impending economic disaster, the next few years (from 1973) will be the most prosperous in the history of mankind. They wil be fat and flourishing years. In spite of tight money policies, people will continue to spend freely. Sales will continue to break records and people will spend more than ever modern history. Crdit debt will become nearly uncontrollable.
I see, very clearly, just a few years of tremendous affluence and continuing economic prosperity. Church budgets will increase, wages will increase-missionary giving will also increase.
Inflation, costs, and wages will spiral higher and higher. There will be a few minor adjustments in prices, but the world economy will become white-hot.
When I received this vision in April of 1973, I also received clear instructions from the Holy Spirit to believe God for sufficient finances to clear all debts of our oranization other than necessary mortgages. The message I received from God was very clear and to the point. It was simply this:

There is great economic confusion coming and lean years lie just ahead. There will be a few short, fat, and flourishing yhears to prepare for the lean years. Work and pray to clear off all debts and get ready for drastic cuts in budget. The money will not be flowing as it was in the past and if you are free of debt, you'll be able to maintain your programs even in the difficult years. Don't panic-don't be afraid-just prepare for it and expect it!

Bankrupticies of Major Corporations:

[b]I believe we are going to witness the bankruptcies of this nations major and most popular corporations. I see tremendous difficulty arising out of the credit corporations. There are going to be many people unable to pay off their heay obligations to major credit cared companies, causing near chaos.[/b]
Thousands of small businesses will also be forced into bankruptcies. Three, and possible four, of the major religious denominations will be forced to operate with a skeleton organization due to a lack of funds. More than a few churches are going to go bankrupt and a number of independent missionary societies and church organizations are going to have to pull back. All but a few the radio and television ministries will have to be abandoned.
Tight money will trigger a wave of uncertainty and fear. Those who have money will hold it in reserve. THE UNITED STATES WILL "OVERREACT" TO THE CONFUSED ECONOMICAL DEVELOPMENTS. I SEE A FLURRY OF NEAR PANIC DECISIONS BEING MADE BY VARIOUS GOVERNMENT AGENCIES-BUT THESE ARE HASTY EFFORTS TO SHORE UP THE ECONOMY WILL BACKFIRE. The president of the United States will make one, and possibly two , national radio and TV appearances to reassure the nation that all is well, and the best of economic times is just ahead. It will not work. People will distrust these statements and their fears will lead to a revolution at the polls. THE AUTO INDUSTRY IS GOING TO BE HURT BADLY. MAKERS OF RECREATIONAL VEHICLES ARE GOING TO GET HIT VERY HARD. APPLIANCE INVENTORIES WILL PILE UP, AND SALES WILL FALL OFF DRASTICALLY. Almost every economic indicator will be gloomy. It will be spotty at first-but will eventually affect nearly all industry.

A RUSH TO THE COUNTRY: There will be a sudden rush to buy farms, ranches, and homes in the country. Thousands will attempt to flee from the cities, hoping that a return to the land and nature will provide security. There will be a growing urge to get away from it all-and much money will be invested in land and acreage in rural areas by people who have secret dreams of raising their own food and cattle and of becoming self supporting. The price of open rural land will continue to soar. Acreage within 100 miles of most major cities will skyrocket out of reach to all but syndicates.

UNIONS TO FACE DILEMMA:

Unions will face new pressure not to strike. No longer will workers be able to afford to be out of work for even one week. The government is going to take a hard line against strikers, and striking union members will no longer be able to get food stamps and other benefits once allowed. Inflation will force a new crisis between labour and government, and strikes by union members in some areas will lead to a complete shutdown of plants and total loss of jobs. Labour leaders are also going to be caught up in this wave of economic confusion. Many are going to be at a loss as to what action they should take. They will face an almost impossible situation because they will not be able to afford a strike-and yet, at the same time, they will not be able to afford not to strike. The details are not clear to me-but I see terrible union problems ahead. Labour peace is just a dream, and there is nothing but real trouble ahead. We may soon experience the most devasting strikes of all time.

A NEW WORLD MONETARY SYSTEM:

THERE WILL DEVELOP A CALL FOR REVAMPING ALL WORLD MONETARY SYSTEMS INTO ON UNIFORM SYSTEM. AND EVEN THOUGH THE DOLLAR WILL APPEAR TO BE GAINING STRENGTH JUST BEFORE THE COMING MAJOR RECESSION, A NEW CRISES WILL DEVELOP THAT WILL SHAKE THE ENTIRE FINANCIAL WORLD. It will be years before faith in the American dollar will be restored.........................

The words in BOLD are our in headlines almost daily, or at least were in the last few months.

This is just part of chapter one. Now if anyone doubts these words, there is something wrong with your antenna. You may need a wire hanger to get a better reception.

2009/3/29 11:49

Re: David Wilkerson A True Prophet of God

Thank you.

Read The Vision shortly after it was published and thanks to him, we've been ready, waiting and keeping busy by His & his example ever since.
We owe him a lot.
Amen!

2009/3/29 17:40

Re:

Your a wise man JesusisGod. Many Christians are not ready. I am paying down debt and I am glad that it's coming down, but there are a lot of people that are so far in debt that they can't look up to see bottom.

2009/3/29 22:50

Re: David Wilkerson A True Prophet of God

This news clipping is in regards to what David said about donations down in Church due to the economic confusion. You can read the article here, or you can go to the bottom of this post to click the link to watch it.

Quote:
Ministries Dig Deeper in Tough Economy By Charlene Israel CBN News Reporter March 30, 2009 CBNNews.com - NEWPORT NEWS, Va. -- Youth Challenge has met the needs of hurting people in this local community for some 30 years. Recovering drug addict Brad Daniels happily testified that the ministry has helped to transform his life. He is now free of drugs and is a follower of Jesus Christ. "I was an alcoholic and used cocaine," said Daniels. Youth Challenge's founder, Troy Collier proudly admitted, "we're deemed the most successful program particularly by the judicial system and probation and parole offices. We have many stories of God's miracles spread all around." But the country's economic woes has Youth Challenge facing challenges of his own. Ministry Donations Down Last year, donations to the ministry were down 30 to 40 percent, and that has forced the ministry to find other ways to bring in income. For example, the ministry runs a thrift store and an auto repair shop to help out. But what's happening with Youth Challenge is just a snapshot of what's happening around the country with other ministries. Dan Busby is president of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability. In an interview with CBN News, Busby said, "a number of ministries especially the ones that were more challenged at the end of the year have taken some steps with regard to personnel in many cases, hiring freezes have been imposed and salary freezes have been imposed and other non personnel issues. There's been cut backs in travel, convention related expense, building programs have been put on hold." Less Money for Giving With more job layoffs announced almost daily, many people have less money to spend, and some say they are exercising caution and giving less. Verne Williams of Virginia Beach, Va., said the recession has made him take a closer look at his giving. "It caused me to kind of look at my circumstances, maybe I need to reduce this, reduce that, so I've been a little apprehensive," he said. Actions like that have forced ministries to cut spending. Organizations including Focus on the Family and the Billy Graham Association have laid off workers. Donations to the Salvation Army's Red Kettle campaign set a record of $130 million last year, but the ministry says giving in some cities is down. Cutbacks at the state and local government level add to the problem according to Independent Sector, a coalition of charities and other non-profits. The group estimated that at least $15 billion, 18 percent of all government funding to nonprofit human service providers, is being delayed. In turn, some faith-based groups have eliminated programs, cut jobs, are are trying to borrow money in an already tight market. Now, a budget plan from the Obama administration could reduce donations to faith-based organizations even further. Obama to Reduce Tax Break for Giving The President wants the tax break for charitable donations reduced from 35 percent to 28 percent for people who make more than $ 250,000 a year. One study estimates charitable giving would fall by almost five percent under that plan. Dan Celia is Executive Director of the Regency Foundation, a group that provides Christian financial planning. He said the President's plan is the wrong move at the wrong time. "It's expected giving this year is going to be down 40 percent on the 42 percent it was down last year. There are ministries that are going to be in trouble and this is going to hurt charities across the board, Salvation Army, Red Cross, not to mention the proclamation of the gospel and all those ministries," Celia said. But not all of the news is bad. The ECFA found that 72 percent of its member ministries reported that they met or came within 10 percent of last year's financial goals. Some Ministries Fare Better than Others ECFA's Busby told CBN News why some ministries have fared better than others. "The impact of the economy is uneven across churches and other Christian organizations. I think some of the organizations that came into the recession in a weak financial position have been impacted the greatest because they simply don't have the flexibility that organizations that came in better prepared," he explained. Meanwhile, pastors see the the country's economic turmoil as a time to encourage their members to trust God, not the economy. Mark Stafford pastors Light of Life Christian Center in Virginia Beach, Va. He said the church must turn to God during this time. God's Economy "What we must do with the people of God is encourage them that God's economy is not tied to the earth's economy and God will bless. We see it all throughout the scripture. He did that with the children of Israel. He blessed them and fed them while other people were in famine and we've seen this through Christian history," Stafford explained. His message resonates with many, like Michelle Littman of Virginia Beach, Va. She told CBN News, "my husband and I both we're not stopping giving to the Lord. That is what the Bible says, you give, you keep giving, you give of yourselves as well not just the tithe but ourselves." Busby said the country's recession is a time for Christians to to be thankful for what they have. "We are very blessed people even though all of us may have been impacted by the economy. I think it's a time for prayer for both the churches and para-church organizations and a time to pray for donors that God will bless them so they can bless the churches and para-church organizations as well." Prayers and support are what ministries like Youth Challenge depend on, because without them, they would be forced to close their doors for good.

[url=http://www.cbn.com/CBNnews/568339.aspx]Source: Watch[/url]

2009/3/30 11:41

Re:

I did a search for "Economic Confusion" which David starts off his book "The Vision". And it came up with a host of results. This is not a religious site but for Financial Investment news. I like the title and I had to share it. This was posted one year ago.[url=http://www.todaysfinancialnews.com/us-stocks-and-markets/recession-depression-inflation-988.html]Economic Confusion[/url]

2009/3/30 12:36

Re:

Brother, what I'd like to hear is from folks who attend TSC regularly and for some time.

It's my contention they've been in a state of perpetual "revival" since their doors first opened.

Is there anyone here that can tell us?

2009/3/30 15:41
tinluke

New England USA

Re:

I'm not sure if I qualify or not, but I've been attending TSC for about 5 years. Unfortunately, I only attend about once a month since it's a 4 hour commute.

I'm not exactly sure what revial looks like, but when you enter the sancturary of TSC, you definitely feel the presence of the GOD. The worship service is probably the closest thing to heaven on earth that I've ever experieced and the sermons are straight from the heart of God. There is such a Spirit of unity, that I feel more at home there, than I do at my local church. And I felt it the very first time I attended. I remember saying to my friend "I feel like I'm home" the first time I entered the sactuary. The very few and brief encounters that I've had with the pastors have blown me away, simply becuase they are so humble and real.

Hope this helps.

2009/3/30 19:45Profile

Re:

Thank you tinluke. I wish you could see how big I'm smiling. It almost hurts.
I knew someone would come on and say that. :-) Grateful it was you. Tears and smiles.
They started right, right off the bat.
"Humble and Real" - you just described my encounter with DW and a church takes on the spirit of it's pastor.
Right off the bat, serving NYC streets.
Doing what Jesus would do if He were still in the flesh.
That's all He's asked us to do - not sit and wait for something more.
Creator GOD took our form and showed how it's done. What more do we want? Forgive me for going from all smiles to just tears.
Thank you Tinluke.

2009/3/30 21:08

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy