SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Great Quotes 9

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"The primary reason for this cooperation in prayer was to maintain, among the people of God, that necessity of prayer for the coming of Christ’s Kingdom, which Christ directed his followers to do. We are, unfortunately, too little inclined to pray because of our laziness and immaturity, or because of the distraction of our own worldly, private affairs. We have prayed at times, but without special seasons for prayer, we are, likely, to neglect it either partially or totally. But when we set aside certain times for prayer, resolving to fulfill this commission unless extraordinarily hindered, we are less likely to neglect it."
-Jay Rogers

2009/8/5 16:55Profile

Re:

"I am a creature of God, and He has an undoubted right to do with me as seemeth good in His sight. He has my heart in His hands, and when I am called to face danger, to pass through scenes of terror and distrust, He can inspire me with fortitude, and enable me to trust Him." Ann "Nancy" Judson

2009/8/5 17:37
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"We honor the old prophets, we honor the Tozers and Spurgeons but we don’t want to pay the price they paid, and they paid the price by being men who walked alone who lived with God and who loved his word."
-Paul Washer

2009/8/6 7:38Profile
HeartSong

Re:

"Never rule the Scripture by your mind; let the Scripture rule your mind."
- Smith Wigglesworth

2009/8/6 22:19Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Could a fireman sit idle, let men burn and give no hand? Can you sit at ease in Zion with the world around you Damned?" -Ravenhill

2009/8/7 11:38Profile
Axe1338

Miami, Fl

Re:

"Wickedness is always excused as anything but the moral degeneracy that has resulted from each one of us becoming the god of God." - Ravi Zacharias

2009/8/7 12:45Profile

Re:

"The goal of prayer is the ear of God, a goal that can only be reached by patient and continued and continuous waiting upon Him, pouring out our heart to Him and permitting Him to speak to us. Only by so doing can we expect to know Him, and as we come to know Him better we shall spend more time in His presence and find that presence a constant and ever-increasing delight."

(E. M. Bounds)

2009/8/7 12:51
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

'This is the gospel.' It is not some extra, detached, advanced teaching. It is not an 'ology'; that is 'Christ-ology', 'Church-ology', 'Theology', etc.; it is the gospel! It is all gathered into and based upon resurrection, beginning with Christ and expanding and advancing until all believers are in a state of immortal glory for all eternity.~Sparks

2009/8/9 14:45Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

"Love is real, love will bleed."

"When love is used like money it turns into our greed. When love is more like water, then everyone will drink."

- lyrics to a contemporary song

Psalm 22:14

2009/8/9 21:52Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Our mistake is that we want God to send revival on our terms. We want to get the power of God into our hands, to call it to us that it may work for us in promoting and furthering our kind of Christianity. We want still to be in charge, guiding the chariot through the religious sky in the direction we want it to go, shouting "Glory to God," but modestly accepting a share of the glory for ourselves in a nice inoffensive sort of way. We are calling on God to send fire on our altars, completely ignoring the fact that they are OUR altars and not God's....

A. W. Tozer

2009/8/10 12:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy