SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Open Air preaching

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
EvangelistC

Open Air preaching

Does anyone else open air preach around here?

2008/12/29 13:30Profile
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Re: Open Air preaching

Evangelistc

There are many that are involed in street ministry here. I am involved with a group that includes "repent canada" who is a member here. We are involved in a Saturday night, as well as any other opportunity available in doing street evangelizem...
Blessings Greg ;-)

2008/12/29 13:47Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

I do it sometimes on with a group of people from our church. We take turns in 1-2-1 and open proclamation. I struggle to overcome the embarrasment and the Holy Spirit intervenes with unction and urgency that is not of myself. I whish I could say that dozens got saved but that is not the case. Only one Muslim guy got saved and that makes it all worth it.

If you want to really experience God, this is a good exercise.

2008/12/29 15:42Profile
Lawevangelis

Justin, TX

We do it here in Dallas\Fort Worth as well. Lately, I have been under the conviction that open-air preaching is an invitation to die. If the whole experience does not shatter our selfish pride, it's not preaching. If it feeds it, it's of the flesh.

Anyway, praise God for your desire to take the Word out to the streets.

Blessings,

Jon

2008/12/29 17:21Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Quote:
If the whole experience does not shatter our selfish pride, it's not preaching. If it feeds it, it's of the flesh.

There were times when I felt head and shoulders above my fellow brothers and sister who did not have the courage to do it. I felt proud that I was able to kill my pride and this is pride of the most stinking kind.

This does not stop me doing it because I know that God is at work in those who are called to his purpose and will deal with this issue. I also see that a lot of devine grace is supplied while we go out and preach.

narrowpath

2008/12/30 4:07Profile
EvangelistC

Re:

That is great that you are envolved in street ministry. My partner and I have just started a street ministry in our town. We went out the other night and interviewed people about things on video and shared the gospel. There was a visible sign of contrition on 3 people, and we passed out about 200 tracts. It was a great time. God is really moving in the body to step out to fulfill the great commission. To God be the Glory. Reaching the world 1 life at a time.

2008/12/30 12:18Profile

Re:

Awesome! Also check out this radio interview for more encouragement. God bless,john

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRc7kFn25rs&feature=channel

2008/12/30 12:24

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy