SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Where are the saints on SI that believe in the 7th day Sabbath

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
PS:I am not SDA, and the purpose of this particular thread is not to discuss or debate about whether the sabbath is binding or was done away with at the cross, the purpose is that I would like to meet fellow believers in the Lord's Sabbath that I can learn from and fellowship with.

What I don't understand, brother, is why you begin a thread that you already know is going to be controversial... and then tell everyone it's not up for discussion... and then it turns into a long discussion anyway...

It's kinda like someone coming here and saying "I want to meet people who agree with me that there is no Trinity, and I don't want those who do believe in the Trinity to discuss what I believe" ... it just isn't going to happen.

Blazed, you and I have forged a pretty good friendship, so hopefully you catch my heart here. I'm not judging you or anything even close to that. All I'm saying is if you bring something up like that, and you obviously know it's going to cause debate and discussion, then why not just let the discussion happen?

You never know... you might learn something.

Krispy

2008/12/1 10:50
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Blazed...

I didn't say that the Law was the first time rules and regulations were associated with [i]remembering[/i] the Sabbath day (although the verse you alluded to in Exodus 16 calls itself Law). Rather, I said that there was NOTHING written in Scripture about the Sabbath from the seventh day of Creation (in Genesis chapter 2:1-3) until the years that the Israelites spent wandering around the wilderness. God certainly sanctified the day...and made it holy. However, it wasn't associated with any sort of rules and regulations until much later (apparently, in an attempt to cause the people to remember the sanctity of the day).

Your interpretation of Isaiah 66 is, well, just an interpretation. You link verse 23 with 22, although verse 22 seems to be an anecdote, while verse 23 appears to speak to the future present (not the eternal future). Do you really think that there will be work in eternity (thus requiring rules for a sabbath rest)? Or perhaps this verse pertains to those who are still alive on Earth (and not those of us who are "changed" into our eternal bodies)?

Regardless, I stand by what I said in my previous post. The Scriptures are not clear (before the Law) about how we are to behave on that day. Yes, it is a day sanctified (set apart) for rememberance. However, the modern connotation associated with the "Sabbath" (day to go to church, etc...) is entirely unbiblical. It is simply a day of rememberance. God made it for man (rather than vice versa) so that we can remember the finished work of Christ.

:-)

2008/12/1 12:22Profile
boG

Las Vegas, NV

Re: Where are the saints on SI that believe in the 7th day Sabbath

Quote:
Isaiah 58:If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on MY HOLY DAY

Hm, how about this:
[b]Isaiah 13[/b]
[b]6.[/b] Wail, for the [b]day of the LORD[/b] is near!
It will come as destruction from the Almighty.
. . .
[b]9.[/b] Behold, the [b]day of the LORD[/b] is coming,
Cruel, with fury and burning anger,
To make the land a desolation;
And He will exterminate its sinners from it.

[b]Ezekiel 30
3.[/b] "For the day is near,
Even the [b]day of the LORD[/b] is near;
It will be a day of clouds,
A time of doom for the nations.

[b]Joel 2
11.[/b] The LORD utters His voice before His army;
Surely His camp is very great,
For strong is he who carries out His word.
The [b]day of the LORD[/b] is indeed great and very awesome,
And who can endure it?

[b]Amos 5
18.[/b] Alas, you who are longing for the [b]day of the LORD[/b],
For what purpose will the [b]day of the LORD[/b] be to you?
It will be darkness and not light;
[b]19.[/b] As when a man flees from a lion
And a bear meets him,
Or goes home, leans his hand against the wall
And a snake bites him.
[b]20.[/b] Will not the [b]day of the LORD[/b] be darkness instead of light,
Even gloom with no brightness in it?

[b]Obadiah 1[/b]
[b]15.[/b] "For the [b]day of the LORD[/b] draws near on all the nations.
As you have done, it will be done to you.
Your dealings will return on your own head.

[b]Zephaniah 1[/b]
[b]7. [/b] Be silent before the Lord GOD !
For the [b]day of the LORD[/b] is near,
For the LORD has prepared a sacrifice,
He has consecrated His guests.

[b]Zephaniah 2[/b]
[b]2.[/b] Before the decree takes effect--
The day passes like the chaff--
Before the burning anger of the LORD comes upon you,
Before the [b]day of the LORD's[/b] anger comes upon you.
[b]3.[/b] Seek the LORD,
All you humble of the earth
Who have carried out His ordinances;
Seek righteousness, seek humility.
Perhaps you will be hidden
In the [b]day of the LORD's[/b] anger.

[b]1 Corinthians 5[/b]
[b]5.[/b] I have decided to deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of his flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the [b]day of the Lord Jesus[/b].

[b]1 Thessalonians 5[/b]
[b]2. [/b]For you yourselves know full well that the [b]day of the Lord [/b]will come just like a thief in the night.

[b]2 Thessalonians 2[/b]
[b]2. [/b]that you not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the [b]day of the Lord[/b] has come.

[b]2 Peter 3[/b]
[b]10. [/b] But the [b]day of the Lord[/b] will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.

Is it not possible the inauguration of the New Covenant through the shed blood of our Lord Jesus was a revelation of the Lord's Holy Day? and the resurrection of the dead at the second appearing of our Lord Jesus, when all the world shall be judged before His great throne, is the fulfillment of the Lord's Holy Day?

[b]Matthew 11
28.[/b] Come unto me (Jesus), all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
[b]29.[/b] Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

[b]Matthew 25[/b]
[b]31.[/b] "But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne.
[b]32.[/b] "All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats;
[b]33.[/b] and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left.
[b]34.[/b] "Then the King will say to those on His right (the sheep), `Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.
. . .
[b]46.[/b] "These (goats) will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

I don't know about all of you but the only true Sabbath I long for is the Sabbath in my Father's house.

2008/12/1 16:21Profile
BlazedbyGod

Re:

Quote:

ccchhhrrriiisss wrote:
Hi Blazed...

I didn't say that the Law was the first time rules and regulations were associated with [i]remembering[/i] the Sabbath day (although the verse you alluded to in Exodus 16 calls itself Law). Rather, I said that there was NOTHING written in Scripture about the Sabbath from the seventh day of Creation (in Genesis chapter 2:1-3) until the years that the Israelites spent wandering around the wilderness. God certainly sanctified the day...and made it holy. However, it wasn't associated with any sort of rules and regulations until much later (apparently, in an attempt to cause the people to remember the sanctity of the day).

[b]Your interpretation of Isaiah 66 is, well, just an interpretation. You link verse 23 with 22, although verse 22 seems to be an anecdote, while verse 23 appears to speak to the future present (not the eternal future)[/b].

Isaiah 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. 23 [b]AND[/b] it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.2424 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

That can be no plainer, verse 23 is connected to verse 22 " AND"

The plain fact is, there is NO scripture that says Jesus has replaced the sabbath day with himself, Christ came to do the will of his Father, and the will of his Father, and the word of his Father was " Exodus 20:8 Remember the sabbath day to keep it holy.

Did Christ say that he would give rest for our souls-YES, did Christ say that this would replace the sabbath day- NO. Did Jesus say if you love me keep my commandments (plural)-YES, is one of those commandments about keeping the sabbath day holy-YES

2008/12/1 18:40Profile
BlazedbyGod

Re:

Quote:

boG wrote:
Quote:
Isaiah 58:If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on MY HOLY DAY

Hm, how about this:
[b]Isaiah 13[/b]
[b]6.[/b] Wail, for the [b]day of the LORD[/b] is near!
It will come as destruction from the Almighty.
. . .
[b]9.[/b] Behold, the [b]day of the LORD[/b] is coming,
Cruel, with fury and burning anger,
To make the land a desolation;
And He will exterminate its sinners from it.

[b]Ezekiel 30
3.[/b] "For the day is near,
Even the [b]day of the LORD[/b] is near;
It will be a day of clouds,
A time of doom for the nations.

[b]Joel 2
11.[/b] The LORD utters His voice before His army;
Surely His camp is very great,
For strong is he who carries out His word.
The [b]day of the LORD[/b] is indeed great and very awesome,
And who can endure it?

[b]Amos 5
18.[/b] Alas, you who are longing for the [b]day of the LORD[/b],
For what purpose will the [b]day of the LORD[/b] be to you?
It will be darkness and not light;
[b]19.[/b] As when a man flees from a lion
And a bear meets him,
Or goes home, leans his hand against the wall
And a snake bites him.
[b]20.[/b] Will not the [b]day of the LORD[/b] be darkness instead of light,
Even gloom with no brightness in it?

[b]Obadiah 1[/b]
[b]15.[/b] "For the [b]day of the LORD[/b] draws near on all the nations.
As you have done, it will be done to you.
Your dealings will return on your own head.

[b]Zephaniah 1[/b]
[b]7. [/b] Be silent before the Lord GOD !
For the [b]day of the LORD[/b] is near,
For the LORD has prepared a sacrifice,
He has consecrated His guests.

[b]Zephaniah 2[/b]
[b]2.[/b] Before the decree takes effect--
The day passes like the chaff--
Before the burning anger of the LORD comes upon you,
Before the [b]day of the LORD's[/b] anger comes upon you.
[b]3.[/b] Seek the LORD,
All you humble of the earth
Who have carried out His ordinances;
Seek righteousness, seek humility.
Perhaps you will be hidden
In the [b]day of the LORD's[/b] anger.

[b]1 Corinthians 5[/b]
[b]5.[/b] I have decided to deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of his flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the [b]day of the Lord Jesus[/b].

[b]1 Thessalonians 5[/b]
[b]2. [/b]For you yourselves know full well that the [b]day of the Lord [/b]will come just like a thief in the night.

[b]2 Thessalonians 2[/b]
[b]2. [/b]that you not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the [b]day of the Lord[/b] has come.

[b]2 Peter 3[/b]
[b]10. [/b] But the [b]day of the Lord[/b] will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.

Is it not possible the inauguration of the New Covenant through the shed blood of our Lord Jesus was a revelation of the Lord's Holy Day? and the resurrection of the dead at the second appearing of our Lord Jesus, when all the world shall be judged before His great throne, is the fulfillment of the Lord's Holy Day?

[b]Matthew 11
28.[/b] Come unto me (Jesus), all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
[b]29.[/b] Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

[b]Matthew 25[/b]
[b]31.[/b] "But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne.
[b]32.[/b] "All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats;
[b]33.[/b] and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left.
[b]34.[/b] "Then the King will say to those on His right (the sheep), `Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.
. . .
[b]46.[/b] "These (goats) will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

I don't know about all of you but the only true Sabbath I long for is the Sabbath in my Father's house.

bog,

All the scriptures you quoted I am familiar with, however I still want you to notice something.

All the verses you quoted only say " ...day of the Lord", however Isa 58:23 says:

Isa 58:13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on [b]my holy day[[/b]; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:

The sabbath day (as far as I know and can see from scripture) is the only day written in scripture where God actually calls it " my HOLY day"

All the verses you quoted are absent of the term "holy" in them-but Isa 58:13 is not.

The reason I am saying this, is because it is with these verses that you responded to me, but in none of those verse is the day of the Lord refered to as "holy"-I am saying as far as the scripture verbally says. Hope you understand

2008/12/1 18:47Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Blazed...

Then perhaps you could clearly state just WHAT you think believers are required to do (or not do) on the Sabbath day? Besides, which "sabbath" day are you referring to? The calendar has changed several times, and thus, there is much debate about the proper "sabbath" day today.

Still, I am hesitant to believe that we are bound to a particular set of stipulations, rules or regulations regarding the "sabbath." It is a day for rememberance of God's finished work. But what else do you think that entails?

2008/12/1 18:55Profile

Re:

Quote:

BlazedbyGod wrote:
Greetings Old Joe, thanks for your post and input. I will answer you this way.

Isaiah 58:If thou turn away thy foot from the [b]sabbath[/b], from doing thy pleasure [b]on MY HOLY DAY; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him[/b], not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:

Matt 12:28 For the Son of man is Lord even of the [b]sabbath DAY[/b]

Now, you tell me, what day did God the Father say was his "holy day" according to Isaiah 58:13?

Though, I am not saying the "Lord's day" is the first or the seventh-the Lord's day, is Nisan 14, the day the Lamb was slain for our sins-...that is indeed the Lord's day, that John speaks of in Rev 1:9-10

The verses you quoted do NOT say the Lord's day is the first day of the week-the verses you quoted only speak of the first day of the week, but they do NOT in any way say or inply that the Lord's day IS the first day of the week. I hope you understand what I am trying to say

Blessings sir

Blazed

Since Jesus Christ is LORD (1 Cor 15:47, 12:3 Phil 2:11), I am not sure why you believe God the Father is speaking in Isa 58:13, nevertheless I will attempt to address your question of why the LORD says that His holy day was the Sabbath.

The answer is simply because that was His day, yes even while Christ was on earth the Sabbath command was in effect. It was not until Matt 28:6 that the new covenant began, and with that new beginning, being Lord of the Sabbath, Christ the Lord took to Himself a new day, making division between the old obligation the new freedom.

Just like for properly understanding the doctrines of justification and sanctification we need to look past the gospels to the epistles, likewise for full enlightenment of this doctrine we must look at post resurrection evidences for proof of a first day worship vs a seventh day sabbath. There you will find the information extremely lacking in support of a seventh day sabbath of any kind and instead find that the first day has become recognized as a meeting time, and a time of collecting for support of the gospel, and the Lord’s Day. These are both things that are not so much associated with an absence of work as they are a day with fullness of worship.

Distinguishing characteristic of the Sabbath- absence of work.
Distinguishing characteristic of the Lord’s Day- fullness of worship.

The former was characterized by what man was to refrain from, the latter is characterized by what regenerate man has been made free to do. The former falls very short of the latter in its spiritual nature, and its display of the power of God.

The first command was in the negative as were the rest of the commands, whereas the institution of the Lord’s Day is a positive command, as are other New Covenant commands. In Christ, not only are we not to do evil, but we are to do good, which is a positive command! Since the Lord made way for a more noble occupation for regenerate man than a mere absence of work, under inspiration both the Sabbath day and its name were changed to something fitting for the accomplishments of the LORD. That is why it is now referred to as “The Lord’s Day” and remembered on the day of completion of the redemption of man.

In light of the above, I do hope you will answer my other question.

Since it falls so much short of the Lord’s Day, in both its intent and practice, “What leads you to believe that those who believe in the seventh day sabbath are truly saints?”

Old Joe

2008/12/1 19:12
BlazedbyGod

Re:

Quote:

Old_Joe wrote:
Quote:

BlazedbyGod wrote:
Greetings Old Joe, thanks for your post and input. I will answer you this way.

Isaiah 58:If thou turn away thy foot from the [b]sabbath[/b], from doing thy pleasure [b]on MY HOLY DAY; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him[/b], not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:

Matt 12:28 For the Son of man is Lord even of the [b]sabbath DAY[/b]

Now, you tell me, what day did God the Father say was his "holy day" according to Isaiah 58:13?

Though, I am not saying the "Lord's day" is the first or the seventh-the Lord's day, is Nisan 14, the day the Lamb was slain for our sins-...that is indeed the Lord's day, that John speaks of in Rev 1:9-10

The verses you quoted do NOT say the Lord's day is the first day of the week-the verses you quoted only speak of the first day of the week, but they do NOT in any way say or inply that the Lord's day IS the first day of the week. I hope you understand what I am trying to say

Blessings sir

Blazed

Since Jesus Christ is LORD (1 Cor 15:47, 12:3 Phil 2:11), I am not sure why you believe God the Father is speaking in Isa 58:13, nevertheless I will attempt to address your question of why the LORD says that His holy day was the Sabbath.

The answer is simply because that was His day, yes even while Christ was on earth the Sabbath command was in effect. It was not until Matt 28:6 that the new covenant began, and with that new beginning, being Lord of the Sabbath, Christ the Lord took to Himself a new day, making division between the old obligation the new freedom.

Just like for properly understanding the doctrines of justification and sanctification we need to look past the gospels to the epistles, likewise for full enlightenment of this doctrine we must look at post resurrection evidences for proof of a first day worship vs a seventh day sabbath. There you will find the information extremely lacking in support of a seventh day sabbath of any kind and instead find that the first day has become recognized as a meeting time, and a time of collecting for support of the gospel, and the Lord’s Day. These are both things that are not so much associated with an absence of work as they are a day with fullness of worship.

Distinguishing characteristic of the Sabbath- absence of work.
Distinguishing characteristic of the Lord’s Day- fullness of worship.

The former was characterized by what man was to refrain from, the latter is characterized by what regenerate man has been made free to do. The former falls very short of the latter in its spiritual nature, and its display of the power of God.

The first command was in the negative as were the rest of the commands, whereas the institution of the Lord’s Day is a positive command, as are other New Covenant commands. In Christ, not only are we not to do evil, but we are to do good, which is a positive command! Since the Lord made way for a more noble occupation for regenerate man than a mere absence of work, under inspiration both the Sabbath day and its name were changed to something fitting for the accomplishments of the LORD. That is why it is now referred to as “The Lord’s Day” and remembered on the day of completion of the redemption of man.

In light of the above, I do hope you will answer my other question.

Since it falls so much short of the Lord’s Day, in both its intent and practice, “What leads you to believe that those who believe in the seventh day sabbath are truly saints?”

Old Joe

Real quick:

Where does the Bible say that sabbath was " old obligation"?

Where does the Bible say that Christ " took upon himself a new day"? Last time I checked Christ did NOTHING of himself, he only did the will of the Father.

And as I stated earlier, even immediately right after his death, his disciples were still honoring and keeping holy the 7th day sabbath.

Please provide verses of scripture where the word of God actually says these things?

2008/12/1 19:33Profile
BlazedbyGod

Re:

Quote:

ccchhhrrriiisss wrote:
Hi Blazed...

Then perhaps you could clearly state just WHAT you think believers are required to do (or not do) on the Sabbath day? Besides, which "sabbath" day are you referring to? The calendar has changed several times, and thus, there is much debate about the proper "sabbath" day today.

Still, I am hesitant to believe that we are bound to a particular set of stipulations, rules or regulations regarding the "sabbath." It is a day for rememberance of God's finished work. But what else do you think that entails?

Chris, where does the Bible label the sabbath as being BOUND, as far as I can recall, God himself called the sabbath "his DELIGHT"

Isaiah 58:13If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; [b]and call the sabbath a delight[/b], the holy of the LORD, [b]honourable[/b]; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:

God tells us to call the sabbath a "delight" "the holy of the LORD", and HONORABLE", yet people on this site are always calling the sabbath "bondage" and burdensome-but the Lord, in scripture, says otherwise.

I will say as well, that Isaiah 58:13 answers your other question, regarding what we are to do and not do....

To the Spirit filled heart, God's law is not bondage or burdensome at all-as scripture says when we have received the Spirit God's law has been written on the fleshly tablets of our hearts. This would be all 10 of the Commandments (amongst other's as well) of which to "remember the sabbath day and keep it holy unto the Lord" is one of those commandments.

2008/12/1 19:40Profile
boG

Las Vegas, NV

Re: Where are the saints on SI that believe in the 7th day Sabbath

Quote:
All the scriptures you quoted I am familiar with, however I still want you to notice something.
All the verses you quoted only say " ...day of the Lord", however Isa 58:23 says:
Isa 58:13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day[; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
The sabbath day (as far as I know and can see from scripture) is the only day written in scripture where God actually calls it " my HOLY day"
All the verses you quoted are absent of the term "holy" in them-but Isa 58:13 is not.
The reason I am saying this, is because it is with these verses that you responded to me, but in none of those verse is the day of the Lord refered to as "holy"-I am saying as far as the scripture verbally says. Hope you understand.

What does it mean: holy? Set apart, yes?
[b]Acts 17
30.[/b] "Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent,
[b]31.[/b] because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a Man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raising Him from the dead."
[b]32.[/b] Now when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some began to sneer, but others said, "We shall hear you again concerning this."

If this is not a description of a "holy day" I do not know what is. And in regards to your comment concerning [b]Isaiah 58[/b], a chapter which I love (the whole sequence from chapter 58 thru 61 is amazing), perhaps you are not as familiar with it as you might be aware.

[b]Isaiah 58
6.[/b] "Is this not the fast which I choose,
To loosen the bonds of wickedness,
To undo the bands of the yoke,
And to let the oppressed go free
And break every yoke?
[b]7.[/b] "Is it not to divide your bread with the hungry
And bring the homeless poor into the house;
When you see the naked, to cover him;
And not to hide yourself from your own flesh?
[b]8.[/b] "Then your light will break out like the dawn,
And your recovery will speedily spring forth;
And your righteousness will go before you;
The glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.
[b]9. [/b] "Then you will call, and the LORD will answer;
You will cry, and He will say, `Here I am.'
If you remove the yoke from your midst,
The pointing of the finger and speaking wickedness,
[b]10.[/b] And if you give yourself to the hungry
And satisfy the desire of the afflicted,
Then your light will rise in darkness
And your gloom will become like midday.

Hm, doesn't this sound familiar . . .
[b]Matthew 25
34. [/b] "Then the King will say to those on His right, `Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.
[b]35.[/b] `For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in;
[b]36. [/b] naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.'
[b]37. [/b] "Then the righteous will answer Him, `Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink?
[b]38. [/b] `And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You?
[b]39. [/b] `When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?'
[b]40.[/b] "The King will answer and say to them, `Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.'

And again . . .
[b]Isaiah 58
13.[/b] "If because of the sabbath, you turn your foot
From doing your own pleasure on My holy day,
And call the sabbath a delight, the holy day of the LORD honorable,
And honor it, desisting from your own ways,
From seeking your own pleasure
And speaking your own word,
[b]14.[/b] Then you will take delight in the LORD,
And I will make you ride on the heights of the earth;
And I will feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father,
For the mouth of the LORD has spoken."

Something I always enjoy to point out here is the phrase, "THEN you will take delight in the Lord." So often I hear people quoting, "delight yourself in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart!" Well, if you should ever seek to delight yourself in the Lord then [b]Isaiah 58[/b] is the way. And what are the commandments here concerning the Lord's holy day? Desist from your own pleasure, your own ways, your own word; why? For the carnal man is emnity against God, cannot submit to God, neither is he pleasing to God. The only way to fulfill this commandment is to be born-again by the Spirit of God through faith in Christ Jesus -- then "I will feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father." And who is Jacob? is it not written,
[b]Hebrews 11
9.[/b] By faith [Abraham] sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise . . .
To put it very simply, the heritage of Isaac and Jacob is to be children of the promise according to the New Covenant. I assure you brother, the scriptures I posted are about the Sabbath.

2008/12/1 21:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy