Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Gas shortages: get ready for more

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Compton

Re:

Quote:
I'm ready to move to the buckeye state!

C'mon up, we need all the southerners we can get up here.

Quote:
Now we are hoping it will drop below $3.00

According to the media a year ago, this should mean that all our problems are solved and we're going to live forever! Yea!

MC

2008/10/8 12:39Profile

Re:

Let's face it... energy cost is a big reason our economy is in the shape it's in.

Krispy

2008/10/8 13:18
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hello...

We are paying between $3.79 and $4.12 in the San Francisco Bay Area of California (where Satan has his throne)! I called my family and friends in Texas, and they said that some stations have gas at about $3.09. I guess that the local government has a large tax on gasoline here. Then again, just about EVERYTHING is more expensive over here! It seems that if it exists, there is a tax or fee associated with it. It is an economic culture shock after having lived in Texas.

My wife and I have changed our driving habits a bit. We don't run to the grocery store at every inclination (as we did in Texas). In this sense, I think that we have absorbed most of the cost differentiation (at least in accordance with the cost of gas). Now, if we could somehow get the local government's hands off of everything else in this area!

You can't buy a 12 pack of Diet Coke cans without getting charged an extra $1.20 as a "deposit fee." We had to purchase a bicycle for my sister-in-law (for use at Stanford), and the cost was over $300! Then the government charges you to "register" your bike each year! There is only one Wal-Mart nearby...and it is pitiful! I miss wal-Mart Supercenters -- where you can get your oil changed, hair cut, eat and shop within an hour while in the same building! I was told that the local government forbids the retailer from competing with the local businesses. As a result, this area continues to pay more money for lack of competition. Today, I had to pay a $4 toll to simply use a bridge that was paid for years ago. It seems like all of these hidden fees around here are far more expensive than the high price of gasoline due to the higher gas taxes.

I guess I shouldn't vent. There are many people in the world who would love to be where we are. But we are fairly certain that most Americans would love to visit this area -- but would not want to live here. The price of gasoline is the least of our problems! This place is drowning in sin -- and their answer to life is to have a bigger government that meddles in nearly every aspect of life. As a result, it is quite expensive in both dollars and souls.

But we endeavor to be a light! God has provided for us thus far. We know that He is more than able to take care of His own.

:-?

2008/10/8 20:05Profile
coffee

Re:

Dear Bro. ccchhhrrriiisss

Welcome to Sunny California ...and you are so right, my husband and I would love to leave and we were just saying that in view of everything coming, we might get that chance ....Texas or any state that still believes in One God and One man and one woman marriage ... no sex education to kindergarten children ... etc... is there still such a place ???
I could go on and on as with the taxes and our leadership in this state but ....GOD has been and will be faithful in the wilderness !!!

Your Sister in Jesus

2008/10/8 20:39Profile

Re:

Quote:
I was told that the local government forbids the retailer from competing with the local businesses.

So much for free enterprise, eh?

It's funny, on Mon & Tues gas here in western NC was $3.99. Tuesday night and yesterday the local newspapers and TV stations were pointing out on the news what the average price was for gas nationwide... and NC had the third highest average behind Hawaii & Alaska.

Funny thing... gas prices dropped nearly 50 cents overnight! Imagine that!

This morning I bought gas at $3.46.

Sounds to me like someone in [b]NC[/b] was making a sweet profit, not necessarily the oil companies persay.

The news media usualy gets things all wrong, but on this issue they sure got it right... and actually helped us out.

Krispy

2008/10/9 7:29
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Gas prices now are $2.99/gal. locally. The other day I filled up when it was $3.17 and it has kept dropping steadily since.

Now maybe we can "live happily ever after?" :-?

Aren't y'all glad we won't have to worry about fuel prices in heaven?

ginnyrose

2008/10/11 19:47Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Wow! that immaculate shape Suburban I bought not long ago for a song from someone that was scared of the gas cost, is looking better everyday. I thought God was telling me to buy it and I really feel so bad for what I paid for it, maybe I should go back and give the person some more money. :-P

2008/10/11 20:21Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

MrBill,

I keep thinking about this post that you wrote a week ago. In fact, the first time I read it, I laughed out loud. Now in all seriousness, maybe the seller was praying that the LORD would help him find a buyer and the LORD told you to buy it! Who knows what all the dynamics were behind this transaction?!

BTW, I purchased gas for my car yesterday, paid $2.79/gal.!

ginnyrose

2008/10/18 10:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy