SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Todd Bentley wikipedia

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
tubedoggie01

encinitas, ca

Todd Bentley wikipedia

Hey folks we are in need of some solid wiki-scholars to help develop the wikipedia article on Todd Bentley. Wikipedia is a great source to get out the information found in this discussion. please visit:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Bentley
and contribute.

Thanks Di

2008/7/27 4:09Profile
Compton

Re: Todd Bentley wikipedia

Hi Tubedoggie,

Giving someone an official unauthorized biography on Wikipedia seems like an unnecessary wrong. I can't help but have empathy when I imagine strangers presuming to 'define' me in Wikipedia for the world to believe. So when I think about playing the 'wiki-scholar' on someone else...

I am remembering the policy around here that is often too easy for me to dispense with...play the ball and not the man.

MC

2008/7/27 13:13Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I have been trying to change the article but I need to find reliable sources according to wiki standards
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Reliable_sources]Reliable Sources[/url]
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Bentley]Todd Bentley[/url]

2008/8/2 20:05Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Quote:
I have been trying to change the article but I need to find reliable sources according to wiki standards
Reliable Sources
Todd Bentleya

Can somebody help me

2008/8/5 10:47Profile
homecomputer

Re:

Hiya. The wikipedia article looks pretty well cited right now. It includes the good and the bad of what Todd Bentley does as cited in reputable news sources. My question is, what information would you like to see in that aticle that you cannot find in the news?

Peace in Christ.

2008/8/17 14:23Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
Giving someone an official unauthorized biography on Wikipedia seems like an unnecessary wrong. I can't help but have empathy when I imagine strangers presuming to 'define' me in Wikipedia for the world to believe. So when I think about playing the 'wiki-scholar' on someone else...

I agree with Mike. What is it about human nature that takes thrill in doing this sort of thing? If Bentley had done something honorable, or had preached a genuine sermon on Christ-centeredness and repentance, would we still be scrambling to update Wikipedia in our efforts to "inform the world"?

Search deep in your heart, and you will find the honest answer is no. Such motivation only comes to broadcast the bad and ugly and the [i]I told you so[/i] gloat. You know, this was my first inclination as well - to cut and paste my finding of Bentely's ruin to an ever greater public exposure. And, then, almost immediately, the admonition of God asking, [i]"And what is it to you, Paul?"[/i]. Scripture has taught me that the same measure I mete out will also be measured back unto me, and when my adversary falls I am not to rejoice.

Leave this whole thing alone, if you are wise. God managed fine exposing him without your help; God will follow through with judgment without your contributive efforts as well. I say let others assist God in "exposing" what happened, and let them reap the crop that will come back to them.

2008/8/17 15:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy