SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Soup, Soap and Salvation...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
wta

Canadian in America (Bremerton, WA) "A stranger in a strange land..."

Soup, Soap and Salvation...

Soup, Soap and Salvation was how a Methedist outreach ministry in the east end of London England in the mid 1800s became known and in a few short years they went independant and flouristed into one of the most powerful authentic revival movments in the history of the church; The Salvation Army.

The Lord spoke that the poor we will always have and they are always in need of a hand up. Have you considered volenteering at your local corp in the soup kitchen or food bank? How bout their outreach ministry? They could use any heart that is to God with a hand for man but I tell you the truth you will get more out of it than any one person you serve... I know because I've been a volenteer there myself and in leadship positions for two contracts and it changed my life. You need a change in your life? I promise you will be changed forever!

Isa 58:6 "Is this not the fast that I have chosen: To loose the bonds of wickedness, To undo the heavy burdens, To let the oppressed go free, And that you break every yoke?
Isa 58:7 Is it not to share your bread with the hungry, And that you bring to your house the poor who are cast out; When you see the naked, that you cover him, And not hide yourself from your own flesh?
Isa 58:8 Then your light shall break forth like the morning, Your healing shall spring forth speedily, And your righteousness shall go before you; The glory of the LORD shall be your rear guard.
Isa 58:9 Then you shall call, and the LORD will answer; You shall cry, and He will say, 'Here I am.' "If you take away the yoke from your midst, The pointing of the finger, and speaking wickedness,
Isa 58:10 If you extend your soul to the hungry And satisfy the afflicted soul, Then your light shall dawn in the darkness, And your darkness shall be as the noonday.

All for souls,

wta

2008/7/4 0:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy