SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Fallen Heads

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Spitfire

Fallen Heads

Does anyone remember a quote that says something about "one fallen head addressing another fallen head"? I think it's a quote by A.W.Tozer. I've grown quite discouraged lately with much of the dialogue I see taking place here on this website. It seems like [i]one fallen head addressing another fallen head[/i]. I'm just being honest, brothers and sisters. There are way too many people here who seem to be trying to make their mark for recognition. Maybe when you smart folks get through dukin' it out we can talk about the unity of the faith and the gospel of peace. I've said this before and I'll say it again. If an uneducated person can't make any sense out of what you're saying, it probably ain't something you ought to say. The gospel of Jesus Christ is for every man. Except you become as a little child...Love, Dian

2008/1/21 18:40Profile
LiveforGod

Re: Fallen Heads

Hello Diana.

Quote:
Does anyone remember a quote that says something about "one fallen head addressing another fallen head"? I think it's a quote by A.W.Tozer.

Yeap, I think it is him who said that. :-)

Agree with the rest of what your saying.

Quote:
The gospel of Jesus Christ is for every man. Except you become as a little child

Amen to that

2008/1/21 18:48Profile
dbm

Lisle, Illinois

1 Timothy 6:20-21 "O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of knowledge falsely so called: Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen."

2 Timothy 3:7 "Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth."

2008/1/22 11:09Profile

Quote:
Does anyone remember a quote that says something about "one fallen head addressing another fallen head"? I think it's a quote by A.W.Tozer

'He that is from above is above all.
I want to say dear Christians don't go around apologizing for Him.
Don't go around worried because you can't make His doctrines fit in with what you learned in school.
All you learned in school was one fallen head instructing another fallen head.
And you don't have to apologize for Him.' A.W. Tozer. It's in The Revival Hymn too.

Quote:
I've grown quite discouraged lately with much of the dialogue I see taking place here on this website. It seems like one fallen head addressing another fallen head. I'm just being honest, brothers and sisters. There are way too many people here who seem to be trying to make their mark for recognition.

And I've been getting a bit fed up lately with people moaning about it, I don't know how many posts I've read with people complaining about how the forum has changed suddenly. It's always been that way, you say something encouraging, Biblically sound, you wanna lift people up and don't hear a thing, but if you want a response from a somebody just start a controversial topic that people have argued over for centuries and not got anywhere at all, and bam you have 20 replies and hundreds of hits within 5 minutes. I'm just being honest.

For all the complaining I don't read/see many people [i]doing[/i] something about it.

2008/1/22 14:36
Spitfire

Re: doing something

Brother, I think I'm doing something about it by not publically arguing and personally attacking those with whom I'm conversing with. That's what I'm talking about. There has been a turn on this forum of what looks like people who have something to prove and they stop at nothing to prove it. They enter into word fights with others and "skin their ignorance". This is the thing that turns me off. Maybe I should just remove my profile and give up here. Certainly, I keep wandering through here hoping to find some comfort, but instead, I find the same grievous, ungodly display I find in the church. It always makes me want to give up. People are dying and these, so called mature believers are too busy arguing and trying to make their mark, to notice. But maybe I shouldn't talk about my struggles here. Maybe I should just take advantage of this cyberspace and show you all how much I know. You can't see me, after all. You can't see my life. You won't know the truth if I don't tell you. I can pull the wool completely over your eyes.

There's a country song out by Brad Paisley called, I'm So Much Cooler Online. It's about a guy whose fat and so uncool, but on his myspace he has lied about his looks and what he does and all the girls love him. These cyber-Christian sites are probably full of people hiding the truth about themselves. This is the ultimate place for the puffed up intellects to make their mark. Just check the records. They spend hours and hours a day on here to the neglect of their real lives. Or do they have a real life? They think this is their "calling". I'm calling, BS! Get a real Christian life, people, where you can't hide, with real people who can see and hold you accountable! There's no accountability here and your kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

I think I'll make this my farewell post...

I know there will be those who say I am publically and personally attacking with this post, but I am not naming names! If the shoe fits, wear it!

2008/1/23 5:27Profile
davym

Re:

There's far more to the Sermonindex site than the forum brother Spitfire. Please don't let your frustration with the message board allow you to miss out on the many other blessings on the site.

2008/1/23 5:53Profile
Spitfire

Re:

I know that, Davey, and that's why I'm still here. But...I am grieved and I need to say it. I've not said it for a long time, but I need to say it today! My soul is grieved. Grieved! Yes, Grieved! Grieved.

2008/1/23 6:43Profile
nowhr2hide

Australia

Re:

Hi there Dian
Just want to let you know that you did quite made an impression in my heart in a good way, i fall in love with the courage that the Lord had given you, and the determination to Held up the banner of the revelation given to you by God alone. This quote/posted you have reminds me of the saying the blind leading the blind. There is trully so much, some times in the forum that such intellectual in their eyes, but never see the full picture. But to look outside of the learnerd people ...

God has His annoiting in this site for the others that trying to find an answer biblically and spiritually, and through the others experiences and God testimony how it manifest to others is beyond our understanding. I speak for myself alone I am so bless to come accross and be part of this site, and for Gordon to have such desire like this that this site become an avenue to learn about the old path and some of the pure teaching that never reach the otherside of the world, but still I am aware that this is an open line for the enemy to use and stumble some of the believers, as it's says' Be sober and be vigilant for enemy is near waiting for those whom he may devour.We do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. ... to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

And to all God be with you in His greatness, and Holiness.

2008/1/23 7:25Profile
Spitfire

Re: Oops. I forgot.

Quote:
still I am aware that this is an open line for the enemy to use and stumble some of the believers, as it's says' Be sober and be vigilant for enemy is near waiting for those whom he may devour.We do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

This is an excellent reminder. Thanks. I needed that. I can feel that I have gotten into the flesh in my frustration. I'm sorry. God help us. Dian.

2008/1/23 7:41Profile
dbm

Lisle, Illinois

Re:

Dian,

I too feel your distress, and I'm not all that involved here other than a post or two. This is a dark time, people are suffering openly and secretly. So many are being killed, committing suicide, starving for the true Gospel while a good portion of the people with the resources and minds to do anything are living in some kind of techno-euphoria.

Your post was a light to me though, God blessed me in reading your concern, as it seems he has done with others who have replied. I'm probably one of those "better online" Christians especially if I were to talk about my past. I'm also consistently guilty of relying too much on knowledge and rhetoric and not enough on Christ and God alone. I know these things in my heart, and it was a blessed reminder to read your post and find myself mirrored in it even if I haven't been guilty on this forum of what you speak.

I've found myself lately asking "Where are the leaders...where are the humble servants?" and everytime I'm rebuked that there is one leader Christ, and I am his servant. If I can't find any outside of myself then I had better get on my knees and pray for God's grace to become it.

Coming here to find answers I've found them in strange places, not in the direct way that my flesh would want, but in the dialogue between people all approaching the same thing from so many different angles.

Bless you for having the courage to post this, and bless you for sticking with the forum in spite of itself. God works always to lead us towards him.

David

2008/1/23 13:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy