SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Middle East peace conference opens in US

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Middle East peace conference opens in US

[url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7114396.stm]BBC report: 28th November, 2007[/url]

'Standing before the diplomats from more than 40 countries and international agencies at the US naval academy at Annapolis, Maryland, President Bush stepped back to allow the Palestinian and Israeli leaders to shake hands.

"We agree to engage in vigorous, ongoing and continuous negotiations and shall make every effort to conclude an agreement [u]before the end of 2008[/u]," Mr Bush said, reading from a statement agreed by the two sides.

He said the first negotiations would start on 12 December, with further meetings to be held every two weeks after that.'

[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/player/nol/newsid_7110000/newsid_7115900?redirect=7115906.stm&news=1&bbwm=1&bbram=1&nbwm=1&nbram=1&asb=1]Watch[/url]

2007/11/27 21:04
MSeaman

Michigan

Re: Middle East peace conference opens in US

what do you all think of this from a Biblical perspective?

2007/11/28 9:26Profile

Re: Middle East peace conference opens in US

Hi Melissa,

Quote:
what do you all think of this from a Biblical perspective?

Well, I think this:

Psalm 2
1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? {rage: or, tumultuously assemble} {imagine: Heb. meditate}
2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, [i]saying[/i],
3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.
4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.
5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure. {vex: or, trouble}
6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion. {set: Heb. anointed} {upon...: Heb. upon Zion, the hill of my holiness}
7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou [i]art[/i] my Son; this day have I begotten thee. {the decree: or, for a decree} 8 Ask of me, and I shall give [i]thee[/i] the heathen [i]for[/i] thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth [i]for[/i] thy possession.
9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.
10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.
11 Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish [i]from[/i] the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little.

Blessed [i]are[/i] all they that put their trust in him.

I think the only way men - ordinary fallen creatures - can begin to get a handle on what it means to be part of world political systems - is to 'kiss the Son' and accept the changes He can make in their lives.

I believe in the sovreignty of God enough to see that whatever men are doing God knew about from eternity. To what extent any of us or them can resist God is always up for debate, but one thing is certain - He wants us in relationship with Him before any other consideration. [i]Then[/i] He will lead us in paths of righteousness for ever.

What seems most sad to me is that (at least) some of what goes on in the name of politics, is because man is in bondage to the fear of death, and that factor influences all his choices.

I know that's a very general reply and yet, this is another significant gathering, which will bring another element of fulfilment to biblical prophecy.

2007/11/28 15:55

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy