SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Sin of Anger

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re: email

Just wanted to post your verses brother in their surrounding context first, but came on because I remembered something that I was 'supposed' to email ginnyrose 'last year'. :-?

Tit 1:9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.
Tit 1:10 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, especially they of the circumcision:
Tit 1:11 Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.
Tit 1:12 One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are always liars, evil beasts, slow bellies.
Tit 1:13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;
Tit 1:14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

ginnyrose, you asked last year for that "Christmas Story" I had written for my family and I never emailed it to you.

If you want you could PM your addy to me again.
I can't reply to PMs though.

Blessings.

2007/6/7 13:28

Re: adding to above

Ya know, in the 5 years I've had a computer, I've only been on line a total of 2 1/2 of those years. I took two 1-year breaks and one 6 month break.

I hate complaining about health stuff - but I'm 80% bedbound cuz I don't have a recliner - but I can't use the computer from there - so I gotta get up and sit at the desk.
Being on the computer wears me down and flares the pain, heart, etc. a lot, but for the 5 years that I've been basically homebound - it's a nice diversion from pain and so on, to be on the computer. The only problem is, I pay for the diversion more than if I just use other diversions, like just reading or listening to sermons, etc.. I don't like T.V. so after a while of this 'stuff' for this long ... I'm always looking for new diversions to keep my mind off of how I feel and any new health problems that are new to me. :-?

But, I just got off the computer a while ago and started thinking about this and other conversations we've had today on other threads and I thought .... maybe I was being too hard on that person you're talking about ginnyrose. I'd 'prefer' to not think the worse first ... so what came to mind while reclining and reading the Word was ... maybe there could be a way, a gentle way to suggest she "talk to somebody" ... as in a very Biblical Christian Counselor.
They're out there. Hard to find, but the ones that have a degree but stay strictly Bible are very helpful. It's hard to judge a person through just reading posts - so I thought, having read enough psych stuff for most of my life, that she may be hurting on the inside somewheres. I know also that TBIs (traumatic brain injuries) and other such things, can affect folks in strange ways too. Many of our soldiers are coming back with those and PTSD, even high blood pressure and diabetes does things to folks reactions. She may be healthy physically, but a counselor may help her pin point her triggers. How to help and not hurt further is what I think we're all trying to learn.

It's so so very hard to know when to show mercy and when to correct and How. Tough going.
Praying.

Have a great day anyhows.

2007/6/7 15:29
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

dohzman,

I agree with you.

Another aspect of this issue is that when you are good frineds with people who allow sin to reign in their lives is that it will infect their friends as well. I see this happening in the case of the woman I was describing. She has a close friend and while this friend does not appreciate what she does, we are seeing that gradually she is becoming like her! Now that is scary!

Quote:
If one excuses anger, than lust, lying, fornication and all manner of sins needs to be made allowances for.

I have often thought about this very thing. And why is it that people are not as horrified with this sin of anger as they are of fornication or adultry? Is it because it hits too close to home? The Scriptures tell us those who do these things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. Now this is frightening. It should put some holy fear in a body....

ginnyrose

2007/6/7 22:04Profile

Re:

ginnyrose, I'm very-very sorry.

Still praying.
In His Love ~ Annie

Edited.

2007/6/7 22:34

Re:

ginnyrose, what I wanted to say is, the posts on here from the others are good and I tried too.

Hope you understand, now that I'm more awake and maybe understand some too, I think.

It's just hard for us not knowing the lady.

God's Grace to you.
In His Love and Grace.

2007/6/7 22:49
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Grannie wrote:

Quote:
Judging, gossiping, party-spirit, self-righteousness ... not dealing with issues like you've brought up here in a Biblical fashion as mentioned before from Matthew.

I must be missing something. Could you explain it better?

In case you wonder, we did try the Biblical method as instructed in Matthew 18, but there were too many who would not believe and this person is such a charmer it makes the rest of us look like liars! Actually, if this is what they believe, they should excommunicate us!

Am I getting what you are trying to say?

ginnyrose

2007/6/7 22:50Profile

Re:

Ginnyrose,

Bless your heart, I think you may understand when you get my email.

Again, I'm sorry that I thought your response made me think you hadn't tried those things yet.

I pray we do see a miracle happen for this person you're burdened about.

I posted that before I got your PM.

Lord Bless you and help.
Annie

edit: but ya didn't quote my whole post. ;-)

2007/6/7 23:03
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Grannie wrote:

Quote:
I pray we do see a miracle happen for this person you're burdened about.

The latest development in this case is that she is being confronted by a very aggressive person for the first time ever. He tells her she will not get into heaven unless she repents of her attitudes. This will leave her in a stew, but until recently, people were afraid of this because she would take her anger out on her husband and, bless his heart, he has suffered enough abuse at her hand (he is now deceased). So perhaps we are beginning to see God answer some old prayers. So keep on praying...if and when a break-though occurs, I will share that info.

ginnyrose

2007/6/9 9:34Profile

Re: The Sin of Anger

ginnyrose said

Quote:
You also mentioned about the possibility of something that may have happened in the past which caused severe woundedness and now this person is acting out her anger on others. This is a very real possibility. Some of us have often talked about this and wonder.

I have confronted her already about her attitudes and all that did was unleash a stream of anger, rage, the like one never desires to ever hear and wants to flee from. In fact, you cannot even reason with her when she is angry! It is impossible! Fortunately, she does not get violent physically, but her words are very hurtful and abusive. And when one does what dohzman suggested, she gets angry again. In other words she wants to be close to people and when her angry mood strikes she wants to have the privilege to hurt people without suffering the consequences and you are supposed to take it without any reactions.

Hi ginnyrose,

I note what you mention about the lady's ability to lie but it is the paragraphs above I wish to address.

[i][b]If[/i][/b] she has a longstanding inner woundedness, 'confront'ing her is not the way forward - except to confirm there is something she knows about which terrifies her, or, that the reactions she gives in certain situations are being triggered at a more subconscious level.

It is a mistake to think that she knows what is wrong with her, or that she has an objective way of understanding how her behaviour reaches others.

I suspect you feel her behaviour is so obviously unreasonable, that she [i][b]must[/i][/b] know, but you would be making an assumption, if so.

This situation is deep and complicated. Yes, prayer will help, of course. But, I believe someone who has access to her needs a professional approach to her needs, not only the spiritual one, in that there are things which should and should not be broached by another than herself. She should be the person to feel [i]so[/i] put at ease that she can begin to unpack any inner trauma at her own pace. I'm not sure where this leaves her 'ministry', but I can testify that there [i]are[/i] things which she could 'do' for the Lord, which would make her less vulnerable to be under so much internal pressure, that she loses her composure as often as presently.

Might I ask how old this lady is, if you know?

2007/6/9 11:25

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy