SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Established Thoughts

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread

Re: Praise GOD!

Just finding this by doing a search and thanking God.

You hit us all where we ALL live Pastor ~ "our" THOUGHTS ~ instead of HIS.

THAT 'is' the power struggle, since the Fall.

Forgive me if I forget where I read it on this site yesterday, but a quote was posted that went something like ... "IF our 'thoughts' are not HIS THOUGHTS - then they are of the world, the flesh or the devil."

And HIS Thoughts can ONLY come from HIS Word.
Or THE WORD.

Have appreciated finding & reading this thread and now bumping it more than you'll know, this side of Glory.

[b]GLORY![/b]

Thank you Pastor.

2007/6/19 14:47
pastorfrin

Re: Praise God

Sister Annie said:

Quote:
GLORY!

Hi Annie,

"Oh that men would praise the Lord for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men!"

When you have time look at this for it seems to guide us in establishing our thoughts.

Psalm 107:1-43
O give thanks unto the Lord, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever. [2] Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy; [3] And gathered them out of the lands, from the east, and from the west, from the north, and from the south. [4] They wandered in the wilderness in a solitary way; they found no city to dwell in. [5] Hungry and thirsty, their soul fainted in them. [6] Then they cried unto the Lord in their trouble, and he delivered them out of their distresses. [7] And he led them forth by the right way, that they might go to a city of habitation. [8] Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men! [9] For he satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness. [10] Such as sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, being bound in affliction and iron; [11] Because they rebelled against the words of God, and contemned the counsel of the most High: [12] Therefore he brought down their heart with labour; they fell down, and there was none to help. [13] Then they cried unto the Lord in their trouble, and he saved them out of their distresses. [14] He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death, and brake their bands in sunder. [15] Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men! [16] For he hath broken the gates of brass, and cut the bars of iron in sunder. [17] Fools because of their transgression, and because of their iniquities, are afflicted. [18] Their soul abhorreth all manner of meat; and they draw near unto the gates of death. [19] Then they cry unto the Lord in their trouble, and he saveth them out of their distresses. [20] He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions. [21] Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men! [22] And let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thanksgiving, and declare his works with rejoicing. [23] They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; [24] These see the works of the Lord, and his wonders in the deep. [25] For he commandeth, and raiseth the stormy wind, which lifteth up the waves thereof. [26] They mount up to the heaven, they go down again to the depths: their soul is melted because of trouble. [27] They reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man, and are at their wit's end. [28] Then they cry unto the Lord in their trouble, and he bringeth them out of their distresses. [29] He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still. [30] Then are they glad because they be quiet; so he bringeth them unto their desired haven. [31] Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men! [32] Let them exalt him also in the congregation of the people, and praise him in the assembly of the elders. [33] He turneth rivers into a wilderness, and the watersprings into dry ground; [34] A fruitful land into barrenness, for the wickedness of them that dwell therein. [35] He turneth the wilderness into a standing water, and dry ground into watersprings. [36] And there he maketh the hungry to dwell, that they may prepare a city for habitation; [37] And sow the fields, and plant vineyards, which may yield fruits of increase. [38] He blesseth them also, so that they are multiplied greatly; and suffereth not their cattle to decrease. [39] Again, they are minished and brought low through oppression, affliction, and sorrow. [40] He poureth contempt upon princes, and causeth them to wander in the wilderness, where there is no way. [41] Yet setteth he the poor on high from affliction, and maketh him families like a flock. [42] The righteous shall see it, and rejoice: and all iniquity shall stop her mouth. [43] Whoso is wise, and will observe these things, even they shall understand the lovingkindness of the Lord.

Look at the last verse:

. [43] Whoso is wise, and will observe these things, even they shall understand the lovingkindness of the Lord.

“They Shall Understand the Lovingkindness of the Lord.”

Now I would call this, established thoughts.

As Brother Mike said several post earlier:

Quote: “Let this mind be in you”

And Sister Annie you summed it all up in one word:

Quote: “GLORY!”

In His Love
pastorfrin

2007/6/29 19:27Profile

Re: WORTHY!

Hi Pastor, I don't call many men that. Only true shepherds. Praise GOD.

Anyways, one time a Pastor I had, asked us to close our eyes and basically draw from Heaven what we think that we needed or needed to hear for ourselves or our own selves.

He was leading us to seek something for ourselves that night.

I liked the guy :) so I did what he asked with the whole congregation.
So I went to the Father, before the throne, as it says to "approach the Throne" and all I could hear in my spirit was "WORTHY".

So as the Pastor asked us what we got from the Lord as a word from Him to ourselves, I just kept up with what I was hearing inside ... Worthy - Worthy - Worthy.

At first the Pastor ignored it and looked to others for "a word", but then suddenly it hit him too and he started up with "Worthy - YES - Worthy - Yes - Worthy is The Lamb to receive all glory and honor and praise ................."
It was wonderful. All that self-focus-hocus-pocus turned into a real ring side seat to the GLORY before The Throne right in that wee little church building. It was wonderful. We got what we needed alrighty - Thanks to The Almighty.

Pastor, I read through the posts again as you pointed to in your reply above.

Gleaning the field a second time.

Thank you.

I've been a bit down since Art left. I didn't even know the man. Just started to read a few of his articles, just of late, but had this strange sorrow hit in his last 2 or 3 days on earth. There are a few reasons, but I'm glad you pointed me back to page one.
I gleaned not a few things, but in regard to this "sorrow", I felt Mike hit on a large part of it .... "seperation anxiety" from wanting to be with the LORD.

Well, that's another whole issue for another day, but I just wanted to thank you for your service here for The LORD.

I have something I want to share with you on your other thread now. The Spurgeon quote post.

Hey, that's where I was before I found this post of yours, by hitting your profile button to see if you had posted anywhere's else today. Neat!

Bless you and your Family - ALWAYS.

Can't wait to see this whole mob in GLORY!

[b][i]AMEN![/i][/b]

2007/6/30 2:19
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Ro 9:22 - Show Context
What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

With this issue we deal with the whole idea of Election versus non-election

With which there are biblical views for both!!

2007/6/30 5:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy