SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : July 26th - Judges 9; Acts 13; Jeremiah 22; Mark 8

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 July 26th - Judges 9; Acts 13; Jeremiah 22; Mark 8

[b]While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, "Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them." So after they had fasted and prayed, they placed their hands on them and sent them off. - Acts 13:2-3[/b]

Its so crucial that we put ourselves in the place where God can speak to us and meet with us. Prayer, Worship, and Fasting are ways in which we get on a level where God can direct us and lead us. Read the following account of Charles Finney which he shows the truth of these disciplines:

"I was powerfully converted on the morning of the 10th of October, 1821, In the evening of the same day I recieved overwhelming baptisms of the Holy Ghost, that went through me, as it seemed to me, body and soul. I emmediately found myself endued with such power from on high that a few words dropped here and there to individuals were the means of their immediate conversion. My words seemed to fasten like barbed arrows in the souls of men. They cut like a sword. They broked the heart like a hammer. Multitudes can attest to this. Oftentimes a word dropped without my remembering it would fasten conviction, and often result in almost immediate conversion. Sometimes I would find myself, in a great measure, empty of this power. I would go and visit, and find that I made no saving impression. I would exhort and pray, with the same result. I would then set apart a day for private fasting and prayer, fearing that htis power had departed from me, and would inquire anxiously after the reason of this apparent emptiness. After humbling myself, and crying our for help, the power would return upon me with all its freshness. This has been the experience of my life."

2003/7/26 20:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy