SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Brian&Mira's 1st of 2 weddings May 5th (July 7th the 2nd)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Brian&Mira's 1st of 2 weddings May 5th (July 7th the 2nd)

Hello everyone...

My fiancee and I will be married next week, here in South Korea. Everything is going as planned. My prayer request is only that God be first all through our lives together. From the first day, we prayed to always put Him first, so I hope and pray that he continues to give us the strength and guidance to do His will.

I will keep you updated. We will be getting married in Canada on July 7th... maybe pray also that we stick to our commitment to obstain from 'relations' until after the second wedding. This will become more tempting as she will be moving in my apartment on May 5th...

Thank you and God Bless His will, not ours...
Brian and Mira...to be officially BrianMira

2007/4/25 20:34
SeanHobson

Cleveland, OH

Re: Brian&Mira's 1st of 2 weddings May 5th (July 7th the 2nd)

Wonderful news!

You two have my prayers and encouragment, God lead you both henceforth and forever.

2007/4/26 22:20Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
We will be getting married in Canada on July 7th.

Perhaps it would be wise to pay for a motel or have a place for her to stay? or you to stay? Just some advice. Congradulations on the wedding.

2007/4/27 2:04Profile

Brian, good for you, brother. I hope you both live "happily ever after"... take it easy on the soju after the wedding...

2007/4/27 5:06

Quote:
This will become more tempting...

Brian, I believe you and she can maintain your composure if you make practicable 'rules' for yourselves about modesty and don't stay up late unnecessarily. I mean, if you are out, ok, but if you are at home, go to bed when you should.

I'm assuming Mira will have her own room, which you do not need to enter under any circumstances? If you're sleeping in the living area, for instance, make a way of screening your bed while you're asleep.

I have heard said 'Desire followeth the eye' but I can't find a scripture for it. However, it is true. In your case, there is nothing wrong with that desire, but receiving the satisfaction of it must be delayed, so the less you both 'see' the better..... just some thoughts. I know you can win through on this one, if you desire to [i]more[/i] than to lose.

2007/4/27 6:29
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
I have heard said 'Desire followeth the eye' but I can't find a scripture for it. However, it is true.

It is very true, and there is plenty of inferential scripture. A most obvious one is Job made a covenant [i]with his eyes[/i] to not look at young women.

Consider also these:

"When the woman [i]saw[/i] that the tree was good for food [i]and that it was pleasant to the eyes[/i], and a tree to be [i]desired[/i]..." (Gen 3:6).

"And it came to pass in an eveningtide, that David arose from off his bed, and walked upon the roof of the kings house: and from the roof he [i]saw[/i] a woman washing herself; [i]and the woman was very beautiful to look upon[/i]" (2 Sam. 11:2).

"Then went Samson to Gaza, and [i]saw[/i] there an harlot, and went into her" (Judges 16:1).

"And Judah [i]saw[/i] there a daughter of a certain Canaanite, whose name was Shuah; and he took her and went into her" (Gen. 38:2).

"And it came to pass after these things, that his master's wife [i]cast her eyes upon Joseph[/i]; and she said, Lie with me" (Gen. 39:7).

"And when Shechem the son of Hamor the Hivite, prince of the country [i]saw[/i] her, he took her and lay with her, and defiled her" (Gen. 34:2).

"When I [i]saw[/i] among the spoils a goodly Babylonish garment, and two hundred shekels of silver, and a wedge of gold of fifty shekels weight, [i]then I coveted them[/i], and took them..." (Joshua 7:21).

"And Ham, the father of Canaan, [i]saw the nakedness of his father,[/i] and told his two brethren without" (Gen. 10:22).

"And it came to pass, that, when Abram was come into Egypt, the Egyptians [i]beheld[/i] the woman that she was very fair, The princes also of Pharoah [i]saw[/i] her...and the woman was taken into Pharoah's house" (Gen. 12:15).

"That the sons of God [i]saw[/i] the daughters of men that they were very fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose" (Gen. 6:2).

"Therefore it shall come to pass, when the Egyptians [i]shall see thee[/i], that they shall say, This is his wife: and they will kill me..." Gen 12:12).

"And Lot lifted his eyes [i]and beheld[/i] all the plain of Jordan, that it was well-watered every where...then Lot chose him all the plain of Jordan..." (Gen. 13:10,11).

Brother Paul

2007/4/27 8:03Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Hello Brother and Sister...

Congratulations!!! I was married on March 10th -- and I have loved every minute of every day since! We planned a very simply and humble wedding ceremony and supper. We prayed over every song, every word, and every act in the ceremony. It was lovely and very refreshing. In fact, many of the guests commented on how refreshing the wedding was! There was hardly any pressure at all -- even with many unsaved guests in attendance.

I will be praying for you both!

:-)

2007/4/27 10:27Profile
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Enjoy the weddings - but seek to remember every detail.

Some people forget that these ceremonies are what bind you together for life, and there is joy throughout marriage in remembering all the little details, the silly moments, when things go wrong, when they go right, that feeling of being pleased with yourselves for having found each other, rejoicing so much, yet often too calmly, as if you were to open up and let go, there would be no holding anything back.

They are but a beginning of your lives together, but they are also the beginning of your complete committment to each other, to be walked out day by day, in God, and in joy.

Not that joy gets in the way of trials and tests. But with Jesus in you, you have the best of all relationships, He in you, you in Him, and each of you in each other.

Many blessings on the days ahead for you both,

Forrest

2007/4/28 3:52Profile

It is already early on 5th May in S Korea, so let us remember our brother and Mira as they make their vows together and embark upon life together.

2007/5/4 16:07
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

Congrats... hope you can talk your way out of the foot beating (that's traditional).

2007/5/4 16:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy