SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Bibles for China

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
vico

Bibles for China

Does anybody have some insight as to the situation in China concerning bibles?

do they have them readily available to the public, or are they still hard to come by for Christians there? Is it still illegal to own a bible, or are they not as strict with that anymore? I know there is still much persecution towards the Christians in China, but do they all have Bibles?

Some answers would be much appreciated from anybody that has knowledge about this.

thanks in advance.

least of all,
~vico

2007/4/20 19:46Profile

Re: Bibles for China

vico,

Since this is Saturday here in Korea, somehow, ask me this question next week. Last week I just started a Korean language class with 5 Chinese students. Two of these students are Christian.

I will ask them...if I remember.

Although, I am sure someone else on SI has the answer already.

I would like to know about obtaining Bibles and tracts for cheap, since I do not have a significant about of money.

Take care and God Bless,
Brian

2007/4/21 9:08
vico

Re:

alrighty then, thanks Brian!

2007/4/21 10:57Profile

Hi Vico,

You might find some helpful information on Voice of the Martyrs' website, http://www.persecution.com/

They also have a program called [url=http://www.biblesunbound.com/qry/mc_home.taf]Bibles Unbound[/url] and China is one of the countries they are sending Bibles to.

China is still very restricted when it comes to religion. Now, some parts of the country are more strict than others. Beijing is one of the more strict cities.

There's more I could say but I'm reluctant to put much information out on a public forum. One never knows who might be reading it. We have American friends in China who have shared quite a bit with us about the situation over there. If you want to hear more just send me a pm.

Maybe someone else here on SI could give more statistics, but you might find what you're looking for on Voice of the Martyrs.

-Joy

2007/4/21 11:26
vico

Re:

Quote:
I would like to know about obtaining Bibles and tracts for cheap, since I do not have a significant about of money.

me to. Bibles and tracts, in both Chinese and English.

2007/4/21 14:26Profile

[url=http://www.bjreview.com.cn/books/txt/2006-12/16/content_51073.htm]Bejing Review[/url]

2007/4/21 15:03
vico

Re:

But over he past few decades haven't many Bibles been destroyed?

2007/4/21 15:31Profile

Re:

Vico said:

Quote:
But over he past few decades haven't many Bibles been destroyed?

However, the last paragraph of that review was this:
Quote:
In the years since 1987, around 20 million copies of the Bible in Chinese and some ethnic minority languages have been printed on China’s mainland. These books, financed by donations from overseas, can only be sold by churches. [registered churches]

Emphasis mine.

2007/4/21 18:30
vico

Re:

ahh. i see. thanks for pointing that out.

2007/4/22 9:04Profile
vico

Re:

*bump* :-)

2007/4/23 18:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy