SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Amazing Testimony Of Richard Wurmbrand (Interview)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread

Re:

I had said on another thread that Wormbrandt commented no westerners could understand. Was he talking about persecution outside f the west? Can we really understand what believers in other countries endure?

Bear.

2012/6/19 16:59

Re: Understanding persecution and Suffering!

Quote:
I had said on another thread that Wormbrandt commented no westerners could understand. Was he talking about persecution outside f the west? Can we really understand what believers in other countries endure? (bearmaster)

If suffering generally in life is understood through fear then it is not possible to understand suffering at all. Can anyone understand what Richard Wormbrandt suffered and those he bore witness of in prison who suffered with him? Without suffering the same things ones self I sincerely doubt that those of us who have not experienced these things can really understand them. I think he spoke the truth. I can only believe that God Himself can understand such suffering. If anyone has received from God a mind to see God's own heart, then it will be possible to comprehend such suffering in the spirit. It must be true that to know how the Father sees these things, makes for a mind to suffer. It is a profoundly difficult thing to grasp and run with otherwise. I believe that people generally flee from such thoughts because the moment it becomes even a little real to their own hearts and minds it becomes a fearful thing. To believe Richard and to suddenly see God's heart would cause one to weep with tears of grief and sadness. Perhaps this would be better than being unwilling to suffer at all. Such tears would make for an intercessor if they were embraced. But unless God Himself gives such an understanding we can only imagine. And even our minds alone will not comprehend it.

2012/6/19 17:24
rbanks

Re:

Very well said Andrew!

No bearmaster, I believe it is entirely impossible for us to truly understand over here in the west where we have so much freedom. The testimony is heart wrenching and the cruelty of persecution they went through is unbearable without God enabling them with amazing grace. I believe that I could very much be one of those who compromised under all that torture unless God helped me tremendously. I must believe though that God will supply all the grace that I need to withstand whatever evil day or days I have to face. I believe that I need to draw near to God on a daily basis and continue to be filled with the Holy Spirit. We need to pray for and support our persecuted brethren as well as all our brethren wherever they may be.

The only consolation that I saw was when he said God was there with him and comforted him and strengthened him and I must believe that God will never leave me nor forsake me as well.

2012/6/19 17:39Profile

Re: Rbanjs and Armkelly

Brothers the testimony is heart retching. But we see how God sustained this previous saint. If we would meditate through this testimony we can see how this same God could sustain us in persecution.

Bear.

2012/6/19 18:36

Re: God's Sustenance

Quote:
If we would meditate through this testimony we can see how this same God could sustain us in persecution (bearmaster)

Yes brother their is hope in what Richard shared and witnessed too. His witness is a faithful one. He makes the case for trusting in God and therefore it is possible to say by faith that God will sustain us through persecution. Perhaps now is the time to be dressed in readiness.

2012/6/19 19:14
brothagary

Re:

thank you so much for bumping this topic

2012/6/20 0:46Profile

Re: Insights from Br. Richard Wirmbrand's Testimiby.

I had to go back and read this brothers testimony again. Very thought provoking. One thing that stood out was this brother had not read the Bible for 15 years. Though he probably knew the scriptures. No Bible verse par se sustained him. What did sustain was his relationship to Jesus. Jesus was very real to him. Br. Wormbrandt testified he saw heaven open. He said he saw angels. He said he had seen Jesus.

I realize this may go against our theology. I have heard a Sermon Index preacher say Jesus does not appear this way in this age. Yet he appeared to this dear brother. Jesus appeared to Stephen. He appeared to John. In the accounts of the persecuted Jesus appears to them in a special way. I believe Jesus appeared to John Bunyon in a special way while in prison. For sure his books such as Pilgrims Progress were born out of dreams. Why not the dreams of Jesus.

If we are going to endure persecution Jesus needs to be more than a book of words to us. He must be the Word in us. This is not to say we do not need scriptures. But to encourage us into a more intimate walk with Jesus. Greg has posted an article by Wormbrandt on this in the thread Preparing for The Underground Church. Good reading.

May Jesus be more a book of words to us. May he be the Word in us.

Bearmaster.

2012/6/20 11:23

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy